Meet the Manager - The Results!

Re: ownership of the club SC people have enquired about the club, but none of them have been viable people with any intentions of putting money into the football side of things. Koucash is a great bloke but Simon thinks if his passion was football, hed have bought a football club before now. If hed sold to him, we might not have moved out of Oldham, but would not have been playing at BP

Just realised thats not a summary :grin:

Top write up for those of us who weren't there but this is the only bit I'd ask questions about. It wasn't a concern of Corney's, when Failsworth was the only viable option, we wouldn't be playing at BP. I'd resigned myself to a move, as I'm sure many others had, as it was in the best interests of the club. If it was still in the best interests of the club, I'd take that stance again. Can't see how we're worth investing in presently as, from a 'business' perspective, there's nothing left.

Corney can't use the playing at BP as a defence of not selling when he was prepared to move us himself. Sure there were other reasons but with the investment that's gone into the new stand it's in Corney's interest for us to stay at BP, no necessarily buyers'.

Edited by longtimeblue

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Top write up for those of us who weren't there but this is the only bit I'd ask questions about. It wasn't a concern of Corney's, when Failsworth was the only viable option, we wouldn't be playing at BP. I'd resigned myself to a move, as I'm sure many others had, as it was in the best interests of the club. If it was still in the best interests of the club, I'd take that stance again. Can't see how we're worth investing in presently as, from a 'business' perspective, there's nothing left.

Corney can't use the playing at BP as a defence of not selling when he was prepared to move us himself. Sure there were other reasons but with the investment that's gone into the new stand it's in Corney's interest for us to stay at BP, no necessarily buyers'.

He wasn't using that as a defence. I just added that in as a snippet of info. His defence was the rest of the stuff about not wanting to invest in the team, and not being passionate about football.

He wasn't using that as a defence. I just added that in as a snippet of info. His defence was the rest of the stuff about not wanting to invest in the team, and not being passionate about football.

Understood. Still think we're only worth a punt to somone who's got us lock stock. Without a move, I just can't see how it's possible. Anyway, 3-0 Saturday, nailed on.

Also re the Baxter sell-on clause, if we keep him after this transfer window shuts and (consequently) then do well, then we have a good chance of keeping him until next summer IMHO. As I'm sure there were other clubs offering him more money in January and I think he has enough nouse about him to realise that teams bidding for him from the Championship may be struggling to be in a better position than us 12 months from now. Therefore he might be better off staying with us, where he is loved and is a bit easier for him to get to from Merseyside than other places.

Didn't go Ross, I was invited and fully intended to go but I only landed in the early hours and had stuff to do so had to inform Rick this morning I wouldn't make it. Shame as I enjoyed it last time but i'm glad others got the opportunity.

Shame they were all ill prepared and didn't take notes :tongue1::wink:

You used notes?

Ah that's a bubble burst, I assumed you just wrote it from memory last time......!

Very positive meeting, LJ sounds very meticulous and thoughtful in his planning and how he treats his players to get the best out of them. Can't wait for this season to get going. We aren't going to win them all but it sounds like it's going to be a good campaign.

So, if someone meets the buy-out clause in Jose's contract then he has to be allowed to speak to the club?

But, he can also make up his own mind over whether to stay or go then?

Plus, would LJ want us posting information about this on here, or is it fairly common knowledge about the clause? (Obviously Dickov knows the exact amount)

So, if someone meets the buy-out clause in Jose's contract then he has to be allowed to speak to the club?

But, he can also make up his own mind over whether to stay or go then?

Plus, would LJ want us posting information about this on here, or is it fairly common knowledge about the clause? (Obviously Dickov knows the exact amount)

Why did Arsenal offer £40,000,001 for Suarez? Because they knew how much to offer to trigger the buy-out clause. How did they know that? Someone told them, likely to be someone connected with Suarez.

The same probably applies to Jose, it's a bit of a grey-area in terms of tapping up, but similar has happened before without (m)any consequences for the buying club.

If a club wants to buy Jose it won't take them too long to find out his buy-out clause. They then have to convince Jose that he should leave us and join them. They don't do that, then Jose's buy out clause value becomes irrelevant.

LJ also said he has a couple of cameras set up in the ground for differing perspectives. One of Billy's jobs is to take down key times as instructed by Johnson and then he cuts the clips for him to analyse with the players. One example he gave was where Grounds was jumping with his arms up and turning (giving away penalties in the process). He worked on this by him and Muzza pelting Grounds with footballs to toughen him up!

LJ seems to have thought a lot through and isn't just paying lip service like Dickov did.

An interesting side note about mvoto too. Was ideal if you wanted someone to put their head where it hurts but he actually asked team mates not to pass the ball to him because he didn't like having the ball.

And LJ was personally offered £30k by an agent to sign a really crap player. The club would be paid £40k and his dad pay his wages.

An interesting side note about mvoto too. Was ideal if you wanted someone to put their head where it hurts but he actually asked team mates not to pass the ball to him because he didn't like having the ball.

And LJ was personally offered £30k by an agent to sign a really crap player. The club would be paid £40k and his dad pay his wages.

Did Dickov take up that offer?

Not arsed. Still a big loss.

Ah, that explains Anton Rodgers.......:wink