Meet the Manager - The Results!

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't remember if lj's substitution policy was covered. He said he's not scared of using subs for tactical/poor display or to admit he ballsed up on starting formation.

He's also mindful of having to play different systems due to weather, pitch condition or opposition.

Can't remember if lj's substitution policy was covered. He said he's not scared of using subs for tactical/poor display or to admit he ballsed up on starting formation.

He's also mindful of having to play different systems due to weather, pitch condition or opposition.

Ooh another thing I like, being adaptable to the opposition is certainly something I've been in favour of for a while.

There were no hints given, however I do suspect it is a club we already have a fantastic relationship with, I could be wrong but Forrest don't fit that mold??

My thoughts were a City/United/Bolton type link

Do we still have a good relationship with QPR after the landlords lent them money a while back? Or did that evaporate with the various changes of owner that they've had, and possibly us as well as it may not have been SC who lent them the money?

LJ also said he has a couple of cameras set up in the ground for differing perspectives. One of Billy's jobs is to take down key times as instructed by Johnson and then he cuts the clips for him to analyse with the players. One example he gave was where Grounds was jumping with his arms up and turning (giving away penalties in the process). He worked on this by him and Muzza pelting Grounds with footballs to toughen him up!

LJ seems to have thought a lot through and isn't just paying lip service like Dickov did.

Awesome

Is FFP based on projected income or last seasons income?

If this all works and adds a thousand or two to attendances can we increase the budget mid season?

I asked this question and they use last years figures as a starting point but each club is audited during the current season so if they want to increase the budget pre season (if promoted for instance) they can and then prove it during the next audit......SC said that he had taken a very small increase in attendances into consideration. I personally feel if this comes off like we are all hoping there will be an increase in attendances or the non attendees will have to find a different excuse than rubbish product on the pitch!

LJ's most hesitant answer was probably when someone asked the excellent question on what would he deem success this season.....clearly he was trying to temper people's expectations a little and I think he feels with good luck on the injury front and the addition of 2 more (he said that quite a lot which is interesting as there has only ever been talk of a loanee CB) we have a great chance of top 6 but realistically he is looking to improve the product on the pitch with a young squad and finish top 10.

Interestingly on the loanee CB everyone is talking about, player wants to come, agent wants him to come, both managers want him to come but we can't agree on how little we are going to contribute to his wages at the moment

"There is no scout at the club, so the backroom staff and their friends / family do it."

Own up. Who went to Latvia for their summer hols?!

Don't forget his old man managed the Latvian national side some years back. He's probably made use of Johnson Sr's contact list.

Was anything mentioned about An assistant manager? Apologies if i have missed this

Muzza is filling that role as he didn't want to spoil the blend he has and use the budget which is better spent elsewhere. Has an excellent relaitionship and really trusts murray.

An interesting side note about mvoto too. Was ideal if you wanted someone to put their head where it hurts but he actually asked team mates not to pass the ball to him because he didn't like having the ball.

And LJ was personally offered £30k by an agent to sign a really crap player. The club would be paid £40k and his dad pay his wages.

This is surprisingly common from what I can gather. Certainly something I've heard of before!