Morecambe v Latics

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some shocking defending on show there, not least the offside trap for Morecombe's second. Not impressed by the Morecombe player's play acting when he gets caught by an arm late on.

The problem is with 3 central defenders a couple of quick ones are needed to cover the flanks when the wing backs are up field, in Lockwood and Llera you don't have that.

Kusunga, Llera (if signed) and J Wilson are the best combination, because of their lack of pace I wouldn't play Llera and Lockwood in the same team.

Edited by BP1960

The problem is with 3 central defenders a couple of quick ones are needed to cover the flanks when the wing backs are up field, in Lockwood and Llera you don't have that.

Kusunga, Llera (if signed) and J Wilson are the best combination, because of their lack if pace I wouldn't play Llera and Lockwood in the same team.

Kusunga, Llera (if signed) and J Wilson are the best combination, because of their lack if pace I wouldn't play Llera and Lockwood in the same team.

I made this point yesterday, that 3 at the back shouldnt necessarily include 3 centre halves because some of them are donkeys, eg the 2 that you mention.(who have other attributes though!)

It just doenst fit the players that we have to choose from, it is just making room for 3 centre halves!

Edited by ChaddySmoker

A back three with Kusunga and Wilson in it is certainly quick enough

I infer from your reply that they are to take the 2 wide positions of the 3 but neither can pass accurately or beat a man comfortably or even hold on to the ball.

So we end up just playing with 3 centre halves instead of 2! By the way I do agree that these are our best 2-just play them with fullbacks!

Edited by ChaddySmoker

I infer from your reply that they are to take the 2 wide positions of the 3 but neither can pass accurately or beat a man comfortably or even hold on to the ball.

So we end up just playing with 3 centre halves instead of 2! By the way I do agree that these are our best 2-just play them with fullbacks!

Wilson is very comfortable on the ball.. for me he's one of our best players, absolute steal getting a centre back of his ability! wish we'd have got him on a two year deal

My other half thinks I am hiding a secret Pendleton shrine from her. She'll be relieved to find out it's actually a Carl Winchester one.

If the opportunity ever arises with Carl Winchester, you've got a free pass.

Was a good trip out.

Even though we conceded two, I thought the defence were quite good, there was usually someone there to cover any slips and shepherd the ball away. Not convinced by Coleman at all though - no command of his area, flapped at everything he came for. It was like having Oxley back. All the more important Rachubka stays injury free. Gros didn't look at all fit, no way he could play a full 90 at the moment.

As usual, the attacking play was let down by taking a touch too many/not shooting earlier, but JCH's goal was a cracker. Some tidy play in midfield and Winchester looked alright. Morecambe gave it a good go and should do well in League 2 this season.

Very nice bar with air con in the stand before we went in - wouldn't mind something like that in ours when it's (finally) ready.

Edited by boysinblue