Trust meeting on 17.11.14

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear all

The fans representative from the club was not there last night so a lot of issues with regards to smoking areas, hot food etc I will follow up upon on the next one with them, most issues and those of two other fans that attended were discussed as much as we could squeeze in, in that 30 mins.

DPA, was covered in that it was confirmed that as a trust and have a stake in the club, then we can ask the club to help us with regards to contacting season tickets holders with regards to voting at AGM, up and coming events, offers etc. At the moment the club is working on that data with regards to it being up to date and accurate in line for their new CRM they are having and in time for more announcements to come out in January in a timely manner with regards to the AGM in April.

The notes from the meeting I'm sure will be typed up and once approved by on the trust website soon.

Thanks

Did he send Apologies and a reason for his non-attendance by any chance?

Is it not key that the fans rep on the board and major 'contributor' to the Trust attends these meetings? What was the course? Surely not another charm offence to try and increase his popularity within the league circles in the hope of gaining more than 1 vote next time the league rep position comes up?

Is it not key that the fans rep on the board and major 'contributor' to the Trust attends these meetings? What was the course? Surely not another charm offence to try and increase his popularity within the league circles in the hope of gaining more than 1 vote next time the league rep position comes up?

Nothing that can't wait till next month.

And they wonder why interest is low...

The chairman's report was sent in. Aswell as his update from the club. Not entirely sure how him missing 1 meeting to attend a course gives reason for people to start shouting off about him. And i know i'll take stick for this but i'd be right with you if he'd done something that warranted being shot at. But this? Just an excuse to have a go imo. There were 4 other board members and 2 co-opted members. The trust isn't just Barry.

I disagree.......he is the mouth piece of the trust is he not?

In ANY organisation that has to report back or indeed 'question' a board the message is diluted if it is given via a go between or 3rd party.....in this case the board members /co-opted members

You doth protest too much, I admire you for trying to make a difference but would you still class yourself as impartial?

In ANY organisation that has to report back or indeed 'question' a board the message is diluted if it is given via a go between or 3rd party.....in this case the board members /co-opted members

You doth protest too much, I admire you for trying to make a difference but would you still class yourself as impartial?

I do yes. I have the same opinion now as i did back in april. Edited by c.hill12

I think you're being a bit precious.

There are serious things discussed at those meetings, like plastic forks instead of wooden ones.

I don't get why people have to moan at the trust so much. Yeah barry wasn't there but he was on a course (apparently) so it wasn't that he couldn't be bothered. As long as he knows what was discussed then whats the issue. Also does it matter if what they discussed was trivial like forks and food, it was a genuine concern of some fans.

I'm staying calm on this one. It seems that the Trust are redefining roles, including Bazza's. If he is focusing on due diligence then a report might be enough if he needs to miss a meeting (it happens). We await to see proposals for a new structure, at which point we decide if it's fit for purpose.

I'm staying calm on this one. It seems that the Trust are redefining roles, including Bazza's. If he is focusing on due diligence then a report might be enough if he needs to miss a meeting (it happens). We await to see proposals for a new structure, at which point we decide if it's fit for purpose.

That is a very fair post and i hope the majority of people can take this stance, atleast through this period of transition. All the roles are being looked at so we can use our skills appropriately and then being put into a future strategy to help mould the future of the trust.

That is a very fair post and i hope the majority of people can take this stance, atleast through this period of transition. All the roles are being looked at so we can use our skills appropriately and then being put into a future strategy to help mould the future of the trust.

We keep being told come along and get involved, change from within etc, and then the main bloke can't make it to a monthly meeting? Not great whichever way you slice it.

Any reason you couldn't hold the meetings on a matchday morning, people might actually be around?

We keep being told come along and get involved, change from within etc, and then the main bloke can't make it to a monthly meeting? Not great whichever way you slice it.

Any reason you couldn't hold the meetings on a matchday morning, people might actually be around?

You could offer free food at any given point in the week and some people can't (or won't) make it.

Match days are no good as we wouldn't get the room and the club staff already have loads to do in preperation for the game. We are looking at ways of getting fans more engaged including holding a bi monthly fans meeting/mini forum with club staff and LJ involved.

Unless there's an earth shattering update to come on the back of Monday's meeting it appears that little or nothing of any consequence was even discussed, so much so that neither Barry or Jenny attended or needed to attend - what exactly would us fans be engaging with or in that would warrant using the clubs facilities and LJ's valuable time?

Edited by HarryBosch

That wasn't a pop at you c.hill by the way (good on you for putting the effort in) it just seems our fans who demand to know the ins and outs of a ducks arse are causing you on the Trust to constantly be contriving to appear useful and necessary.

Why not just liaise with OAFC, update us as and when there's something to say and be a conduit for fans (reasonable) questions to the club?

And arrange a few do's for those whose boat that floats.

Whilst keeping a structure in place in case the :censored: ever hits the fan again.

Edited by HarryBosch

Why not just liaise with OAFC, update us as and when there's something to say and be a conduit for fans (reasonable) questions to the club?.

This is exactly what I want however having the SAME person as the mouthpiece of the the organisation that delivers these questions for the 13 or so years of its existence is counter productive.

I have yet to see or hear one good argument that tells me that the trust member who is elected to the clubs board still drives the trust agenda (what is it by the way?)

Barry has clearly become overtime, a mouthpiece for SC rather than the fans.....unfortunately I have been witness to this in the club boardroom on Matchdays myself.

I think you're being a bit precious.

There are serious things discussed at those meetings, like plastic forks instead of wooden ones.

By the way, wanting plastic is fine, they may well be cheaper, but they break into lots of smaller peices and are more dangerous thean the wooden ones.

(I know it was not your initial comment BAH)

By the way, wanting plastic is fine, they may well be cheaper, but they break into lots of smaller peices and are more dangerous thean the wooden ones.

(I know it was not your initial comment BAH)

What's the MOST dangerous type of disposable fork known to man? Edited by HarryBosch