LJs comments

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/9615260/robinson-keeping-dons-grounded

Oldham manager Lee Johnson vowed to get his team back on track after the heavy loss.

He said: "I think I am going to have to take this one on the chin, personally.

"I'm very disappointed, obviously, and I'm very apologetic to everybody at the football club. But we have come up against a very, very good side who have exposed us, our flaws and our personality.

"The biggest disappointment is that I never thought one of my sides would get beat 7-0.

"I want to thank our fans because they have been fantastic and we have to close ranks now.

"I just feel that given our league position that it is still possible to turn this around.

"But you can trust me in that I will work non-stop as I do, all hours of everyday to try and put the last two games right.

"I knew it would be difficult to come here and put on a performance after such a poor performance last weekend.

"I tried to pick a team that I thought could be dangerous on the counter-attack and be a threat without pace, but it didn't work out like that."

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/9615260/robinson-keeping-dons-grounded

Oldham manager Lee Johnson vowed to get his team back on track after the heavy loss.

He said: "I think I am going to have to take this one on the chin, personally.

"I'm very disappointed, obviously, and I'm very apologetic to everybody at the football club. But we have come up against a very, very good side who have exposed us, our flaws and our personality.

"The biggest disappointment is that I never thought one of my sides would get beat 7-0.

"I want to thank our fans because they have been fantastic and we have to close ranks now.

"I just feel that given our league position that it is still possible to turn this around.

"But you can trust me in that I will work non-stop as I do, all hours of everyday to try and put the last two games right.

"I knew it would be difficult to come here and put on a performance after such a poor performance last weekend.

"I tried to pick a team that I thought could be dangerous on the counter-attack and be a threat without pace, but it didn't work out like that."

No wonder we weren't dangerous.

think he's been misquoted. Sure he said 'and be a threat with our pace'

It's been transcribed incorrectly.

He said 'with our pace', rather than without pace.

• I know, just thought it fitted in well. :)
Edited by BP1960

The part at the end where he mentioned allowing the players to speak out about issues inferred that LJ suspects squad grievances. It's ridiculous if the players have lost focus and motivation just coz he had a pop at them after Doncaster.

Only guessing, but it could be he has been a little remote with the players and needs to refocus.

Edited by BP1960

The part at the end where he mentioned allowing the players to speak out about issues inferred that LJ suspects squad grievances. It's ridiculous if the players have lost focus and motivation just coz he had a pop at them after Doncaster.

Human nature.

He's probably 48 hours ahead of where I'd have expected a smart man who's been badly let down to be.

That's a good sign.

<clutches straws>

Listening to a hurt man here who isn't afraid to show it, the positive is that I'm hearing a determination to put it right and search himself, question his own actions as part of the process

Dare I say it's better than listening to the sound bites of our previous gaffer and leads me to believe this will never turn into a 10 game streak as per the Dickov years

Quite impressed.

I am less bothered what LJ says these days, I am going to judge on his actions.

Unfortunately, this games was supposed to be a reaction to the poor Yeovil game.

LJ has got form for changing it around and it actually working.

Its difficult to know what he can do though, the players crumbled after one slightly uncalled for bollocking, how they'd react to the leve of bollocking after that does not bear thinking about

I am less bothered what LJ says these days, I am going to judge on his actions.

Unfortunately, this games was supposed to be a reaction to the poor Yeovil game.

LJ has got form for changing it around and it actually working.

Its difficult to know what he can do though, the players crumbled after one slightly uncalled for bollocking, how they'd react to the leve of bollocking after that does not bear thinking about

I don't think he read the riot act after this game, this time it was more on the lines of a clear the air meeting

Edited by BP1960

To be fair, he's also walked the walk this season...

Credit to him for it. We all know what happened with Dickov after Southampton at home though. If this manager can walk the walk matching the talk after the last two results then he'll have shown another string on his bow.

I don't think he read the riot act after this game, this time it was more on the lines of a clear the air meeting

Thats right, I meant that he gave them a bit of an uncalled for bollocking after PReston, and the last 2 performances may reflect that, so IF they got the bollocking they deserve today, then the players heads would really drop-to ostrich levels

Top 10 position for several weeks and they are spitting their dummies out, we are presuming over a rollicking!!!!

Then transfer them, I'd rather keep the bloody manager, he built the team from has beens, no goers and :censored:e players and he can do it again.

If they can't put a shift in wearing the shirt in front of the fans who cough up hard earned cash and don't have the balls to say sorry when they chuff it up, then get rid.

Can't understand it, I know it's only two games but what with score lines like that, WTF is going on, players without confidence? Were ar top 10 was top 6 in the play offs....it's making me bloody angry and I didn't go today.

When a team loses 4-0 and 7-0 on the bounce there is a fundamental underlying problem.
I am sure its nothing a clear the air meeting can not put right but LJ has to be man enough to stand up and take his part in the fiasco.

Lj has brought in 2 new players (Kenny and Johnson) into a side that was playing well . I dont think they have worked and LJ has to accept this.

He has also changed formation when he didn't need to.

All this talk of teams susing us out is bollocks ,go out and play how you want to in whatever formation and let the opposition worry about it and try and stop us . If the players are good enough they will overcome the obstacles in front of them.

Also after the Rochdale game i think some of the players began to believe their own press and the 2 home games after proved that.

Rochdale had a similar situation recently when they stuffed Preston 3-0 then lost 3 and drew 1 of the next 4 games , the last being the 3-0 home lose to us but they have recovered well and so can we.

I think a rift has started to form between them when Kenny & Johnson were brought in (remember Dad told LJ not to sign Johnson - why !!!!!)

Also after the Yeovil defeat LJ publicly stated that he was surprised that the players hadn't apologised to him and expected them to do so sometime soon.

I never heard any comments afterwards that this had been done and i suspect that has also festered during the week.

There are other factors that wouldn't have helped todays performance ie - Kelly missing and a bug spreading through the camp during the week.

However it needs to be sorted and quickly.
Every team has a bad spell and it's always best to have it mid season.

The play offs are still a possibility and we don't become such a bad team overnight.

It's back to basics and team wise get Kelly back in and Kenny and Johnson on the bench.

Lets have the meeting (and all kept inhouse please) and start again on the sort of run that got us into the play off places in the first place.

This is LJ's biggest test to date of his young career and he needs to come out successfully if he wants to become a fully paid up member of the managerial society.

Fail here and he wont be going anywhere fast !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by losesome