LJs comments

I disagree.

Yes, he sounds like a man who's been on the end of a hammering. But he sounds like he's already thinking about how to get the players through this, despite the shock of it.

We'll see.

The problem is do they listen?

I remember one famous manager being interviewed after a losing a match.

"Did they listen to your rallying call at half time ?"

"The few that weren't staring at the wall did yes".

Edited by BP1960

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He didn't mention the curse of the Christmas party. He really needs to understand where he really went wrong. Harry banned the party.They won today. No more parties. They just give a false sense that we've reached a point from which we can relax. NO MORE.

LJ has already mentioned a mini pre season after the Crewe game, I see an Army boot camp looming. :wink:

Sounds like a beaten man to me

He WAS beaten today - fairly convincingly!

But the players should be shouldering a large amount (maybe even the majority) of the blame for the last two results. Whatever formation you're told to play, and whoever is picked in front of you, you should still have enough pride and professionalism to give a good account of yourself which, in the last two games, they just haven't done. We know these players arn't crap - it just seems as if they have chosen not to perform since Rochdale.

A few ill-judged quotes from LJ in the press shouldn't be an excuse for the shift the players have put in recently. It's pathetic.

What so called bollocking did LJ actually give...I think I have read every post match review since Rochdale and don't recall this...people making assumptions here IMO.

Fundamentally a mentality within the club has changed since the high of the Rochdale game. LJ needs to nip that in the bud and find a way of I stilling back the confidence, work rate, commitment and unity....not easy on the back of two hidings

The first thing I thought was "when is he gunna stop for breath?"

He talked for 4mins 56 seconds without stopping. He obviously didn't rehearse it, so to me it was just nervous ramblings. Exactly the kind of reason why people like Ferguson and Mourinho don't do interviews after some results.

I can't judge til he has had time to assess things properly, but in my opinion the signs from that interview were not good.

The bit about "I asked them if they wanted to say get something off their chest..." means something has happened.

Edited by pukka

Yep.

Nailed on.

He's lost the dressing room.

Normally, I wouldn't be jumping to that conclusion now. The end of his interview was worrying though.

Im not saying its lost, misplaced, but not lost. If we get slapped on Boxing Day (thats IF) then I think it will have gone

Edited by pukka

When footballers are getting a telling off by the ref , the vast majority ignorantly suddenly need to sort their socks out ,rather than look at the ref .

I would not be surprised if managers had similar issues when dealing with player(s) behind closed doors.

Lower league , journeymen players , high turnover of players ..... it is a cocktail that has led to the same level of mediocrity for the last 17 years.

We just do not have the money(not that we were rolling in it) , that led to keeping good players for years with the same 2 managers and punching above our weight in in the previous era.

Normally, I wouldn't be jumping to that conclusion now. The end of his interview was worrying though.

Im not saying its lost, misplaced, but not lost. If we get slapped on Boxing Day (thats IF) then I think it will have gone

I think you know my post was tongue in cheek Pukka?

But, I'd agree: the bit where he said he'd opened up the floor to air their thoughts suggests there's maybe 1 or 2 grumbles going around.

I remember when leading the second division and we went to bottom 4 Oxford and got dicked 5-1.

Sometimes :censored: happens!

2 defeats. Granted heavy defeats but it can all be turned around next game. The dressing room doesn't need to be lost because you lose heavily it could just be a manager venting to the press because he can't understand what has happened from a dressing room that was bouncing until 2 heavy defeats

Edited by palmer1

I think you know my post was tongue in cheek Pukka?

But, I'd agree: the bit where he said he'd opened up the floor to air their thoughts suggests there's maybe 1 or 2 grumbles going around.

Yeah I did, but there will be plenty agreeing with it.

I remember when leading the second division and we went to bottom 4 Oxford and got dicked 5-1.

Sometimes :censored: happens!

2 defeats. Granted heavy defeats but it can all be turned around next game. The dressing room doesn't need to be lost because you lose heavily it could just be a manager venting to the press because he can't understand what has happened from a dressing room that was bouncing until 2 heavy defeats

I was there too and I will tell you one thing we got dicked but we didnt stop trying and give up, would Royle of had a player who :censored: out of tackles or wouldnt step up ? We have a keeper at the minute with a lofty reutation who is turning his back on shots does he really care about us or is he here for himself ?

I was there too and I will tell you one thing we got dicked but we didnt stop trying and give up, would Royle of had a player who :censored: out of tackles or wouldnt step up ? We have a keeper at the minute with a lofty reutation who is turning his back on shots does he really care about us or is he here for himself ?

Get a grip!

They are all here for themselves! We are an employer to them, nothing more. Why do people kid themselves that the players have a connection to the club. Its a job.

Just watched the interview, lots of sighing and I think he's going to be trying to get more in as he kept on saying "need to close ranks and welcome anyone who can make us better". Does he mean players or staff or 'faith healers'?!?!?

Just watched the interview, lots of sighing and I think he's going to be trying to get more in as he kept on saying "need to close ranks and welcome anyone who can make us better". Does he mean players or staff or 'faith healers'?!?!?

He has mentioned psychologists before.

I think that might be over-complicating things though.

KR approach would do for me:

"We had a game plan. If we can go on the front foot and play in their half we would dominate the game".

As posted elsewhere:

Any chance of LJ giving his players the same simple instruction against Crewe next week ?

That is exactly what MK did and it worked. They pressed high up the pitch and defended from the front. Whereas we backed off, played our narrow game which invited MK to play with width and pace. On the few occasions that we found ourselves in possession, our forward movement was hesitant and ponderous. Confidence is totally gone at the moment and the statistics from the game paint a sorry picture - 5 shots, 0 corners in 94 minutes play.

Time for a complete tactical rethink Lee Johnson.