Feb'15 - Fans, Question, Suggestions, Support

I'm sure we all have commitments Chris but you've more chance of people being free on a matchday, that's a no brainer.

To quote my man Albie Enstein, to keep doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results is insanity.

All Chris is saying is that a meeting on matchdays is not being ruled out - however what we would all prefer is a venue at the club to make it easier for the maximum amount of people to attend. We regularly discuss options but until the new stand is closer we aren't able to know exactly what is available to us.

A pub has also been discussed but that provides it's own challenges too. Fan matchday meetings haven't been ruled out.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What else is there for it to be during "times of peace" though?

Fund raise for dark times.

I can see why people prefer to have one entity rather than two, and it's not something I'm violently opposed to, it just feels wrong to me. But I'm probably in a minority (and anti-trade union, so that's never going to be a winning argument!).

All Chris is saying is that a meeting on matchdays is not being ruled out - however what we would all prefer is a venue at the club to make it easier for the maximum amount of people to attend. We regularly discuss options but until the new stand is closer we aren't able to know exactly what is available to us.

A pub has also been discussed but that provides it's own challenges too. Fan matchday meetings haven't been ruled out.

How much research have you done on the local pubs option?

Have you gone round the pubs within a mile/2 mile radius and asked the question if they have a spare function room between 1-2:30pm on a matchday?

It doesn't have to be at the club and as its a supporters trust we don't necessarily need attendance with club employees in these meetings.

Another issue you may wish to address is resource

How much work or potential work does the trust board have, how much of it could be delegated to trust members? Most people say they cannot get involved with the trust due to time/geography etc. How busy are you guys as a trust board and what type of things could you effectively delegate onto trust members who may have at most maybe an hour or 2 spare a week who maybe professional people and could help from afar? Sometimes offering responsibility to the wider trust members might be the best way to engage them and get them onside. Plus it will likely make your lives easier as you can concentrate on other things?

Edited by GlossopLatic

How much research have you done on the local pubs option?

Have you gone round the pubs within a mile/2 mile radius and asked the question if they have a spare function room between 1-2:30pm on a matchday?

I was thinking the same about this. Mio Zio in Heyside (what used to be the Moss Inn) have a function room upstairs and would possibly be an option. Organise drink promotions and maybe a little fundraising and stick a minibus on to ferry people to the match. Edited by jorvik_latic

I was thinking the same about this. Mio Zio in Heyside (what used to be the Moss Inn) have a function room upstairs and would possibly be an option. Organise drink promotions and maybe a little fundraising and stick a minibus on to ferry people to the match.

There are pubs for miles around who would cry out for the trade, I would suspect the Laticszone wouldnt be big enough if there was a large turnout, closer to the ground the Bank Top Tavern have a large function room it sits on all the main transport routes and is only a 15 minute walk to the ground, matchdays offer the best chance for me of attending a meeting as I work till late through the week.