Sheridan sacked

Because people should not judge someone who has been a football manager for 10 years on his last 9 games only

Last 3 clubs. Notts county in free fall ...Newport county bottom. ...Oldham athletic bottom.....we could also talk about his failure to get the richest club in the division( Plymouth ) promoted

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Robbo was to walk/be sacked then Sheridan will be back here undoubtedly. He's without a job, poor track record since he left in summer and I'm certain Corney doesn't bear any grudges.

One question is will Corney sack Robbo and pay him off? Uncertain what the termination period would be but that'll be the deciding factor.

The other question is who Sheridan can bring in or be allowed to bring in? Gerrard a definite but the likes of Palmer who was instrumental last season is a regular for Burton now.

I doubt Sheridan can weave his 'magic' again though but that's more the limitations financially rather than his ability.

It's to his credit despite the bad results this season the team really played for SR today, have the players being doing that at Notts County for JS?

He's now hit on a system which works best for him and with a few additions things should improve, do we want to rip everything apart yet again.?

For the terrible season we've had, I wouldn't sack any manager after the performance today.

Guest nonaenever

Don't expect NNN to reply....he is busy on an ego cruise

really ? I won't rise to the bait (and I had already replied)

Tell you what I will rise to the bait - why don't you come along to the "ask the Chairman" with me ?

Last 3 clubs. Notts county in free fall ...Newport county bottom. ...Oldham athletic bottom.....we could also talk about his failure to get the richest club in the division( Plymouth ) promoted

Newport - he was turning them round

Oldham Athletic - He turned us round

Notts county - granted its gone tits up but they have turmoil off the pitch

he also turned Plymouth round didn't get them promoted but he left them in a better position from when he found them.

Do you want this to carry on as it is?

Do you have a better solution?

Guest nonaenever

I would be delighted to meet and talk to Mr Corney

Good - then I can step into the background and you can take over - I have no ego about this, just trying to get something done on behalf of the fans. I`ll IM you with all the details when I have them but you can lead on it if that's ok?

Newport - he was turning them round

Oldham Athletic - He turned us round

Notts county - granted its gone tits up but they have turmoil off the pitch

he also turned Plymouth round didn't get them promoted but he left them in a better position from when he found them.

Do you want this to carry on as it is?

Do you have a better solution?

Yes the solution at Latics is not a striker here or there or a manager here and there, the solution is in addressing the systemic and fundamental issues at the club.

a system that works? We drew 0-0 at home with Port Vale. One half decent performance doesn't paper over a disgraceful season so far.

I give him credit for changing the system, hopefully new additions will make a difference.

Good - then I can step into the background and you can take over - I have no ego about this, just trying to get something done on behalf of the fans. I`ll IM you with all the details when I have them but you can lead on it if that's ok?

Let's meet and have a coffee.

Guest nonaenever

Let's meet and have a coffee.

Yes - about 3 others have said they want to attend too - I will be getting us altogether soonest to sort - you are added to the list - like I`ve said many times - I never even wanted to do this - but somebody had to do something. I`m quite happy to step back from it now I`ve achieved the objective of actually getting it running.

NNN-at last something that makes sense. You cannot compare Sheridan and Robbo. One in his first managerial job, started with 4 players in the club and given little time to assemble a squad before the season starts. The other as previously stated by Magister. 3 clubs, lots of experience all still struggling after his magic touch which produces so called miracles.

As sure as night follows day Keith Hill gets a mention on a Latics managerial thread. Snooooooze.

Let's meet and have a coffee.[/

You've not answered the question

That is exactly the point Glossop. To provide a solution that works you have to be addressing the right problem. In essence our problem is that we cannot afford to compete at this level and so we have to solve the problem of income streams vis a vis expenditure and how the " apparant" income streams benefit OAFC

Guest nonaenever

NNN-at last something that makes sense. You cannot compare Sheridan and Robbo. One in his first managerial job, started with 4 players in the club and given little time to assemble a squad before the season starts. The other as previously stated by Magister. 3 clubs, lots of experience all still struggling after his magic touch which produces so called miracles.

As sure as night follows day Keith Hill gets a mention on a Latics managerial thread. Snooooooze.

Honest question - do you go to many games?

BP1960 - ?????

Can't believe this after some of the things you have been saying. I don't get emotive too often but this thread is sending me insane - there is absolutely no comparison between Robbo and Shez. One is far superior to the other. Not saying Shezza will come but people arguing to actually keep Robbo ?? The world has gone mad - truly mad!

I have criticised him and his coach for some inept football, but today I saw a chink of light that there's been some re-organisation which leads me to think he should carry on.

I don't want Shez back, he could have stayed to build on what he started, but left us in a mess.

Port Vale may have been poor, but better Latics teams in the past have lost badly to teams like that, and if we had been top of the league fans would be saying how unlucky we were today.

Something just tells me we have turned the corner. I hope so anyway.

Yes - about 3 others have said they want to attend too - I will be getting us altogether soonest to sort - you are added to the list - like I`ve said many times - I never even wanted to do this - but somebody had to do something. I`m quite happy to step back from it now I`ve achieved the objective of actually getting it running.

NNN keep up the good work much appreciated

Guest nonaenever

Yes-why?

so - if you saw the incredible turnaround achieved by Sheridan last season - why are you so anti?

If it's just the fact he left as he did - I can understand that - but it seems more than that. The fella was a legend of a player for us and has been a very good manager for us - I`m baffled.

I have criticised him and his coach for some inept football, but today I saw a chink of light that there's been some re-organisation which leads me to think he should carry on.

I don't want Shez back, he could have stayed to build on what he started, but left us in a mess.

Port Vale may have been poor, but better Latics teams in the past have lost badly to teams like that, and if we had been top of the league fans would be saying how unlucky we were today.

Something just tells me we have turned the corner. I hope so anyway.

I hope you're right BP. It was a great effort today, the players fought for everything and but for their keeper and some terrible luck we would have won today. But we still look lacking in confidence and if we're brutally honest there are no natural finishers in the squad. Sadly we need a miracle to stay up.

I don't want him back.

He sacked us off and left us in a terrible mess, that we still haven't sorted out. He's just lost 9 (?) in a row with a team that should be in the top 8 in the division below.

Last time around, he was a club legend, coming in to galvanise a club that was in the :censored:ter, and I just don't think he'd have the same effect this time. When he said things last time around along the lines of "building a project," and that only club he'd leave for were Wednesday/Leeds, it felt like we had a club back. I wouldn't believe a word that came out of his mouth if he came back. It'd just be like appointing any other of the rubbish lower league managers (ie Flitcroft), and we may as well stick with Robbo if that's the case. We were a decent finisher away from 3-0 today.

Shez didn't leave us in a mess. He saw the immediate issues we're facing now and left for a better opportunity at Notts County. You cannot blame him for that and whoever came in after him had a clean page to rebuild. If Corney couldn't fund that rebuild then that's not Shez's fault.

When Shez left we had ample time to recruit a new manager but messed around chasing Evans who then messed us around. That left a couple of weeks for Robinson to recruit and train for the new season when the available players wasn't great and we were left with the mess we're in now.

As said earlier; we still have Robinson and I can't see Corney sacking him. If he did then we might want Shez but would Shez want to return? Has anything changed financially to entice him apart from a wage? I'm sure another club will be seeking a manager soon enough and probably one who can pay him more and offer a greater chance of success than Oldham can offer.

If Shez wanted to come back and we had a vacancy then Corney needs to be bullish - a contract until end of this season. If we're relegated then Shez can leave but if we stay up then whether he stays or goes is our decision alone. If he walks then we get compensation. I doubt Corney has the funds to entice him back though..

We were much better today but:

*port Vale were the worst team I've seen at boundary park in many a year

*we still can't pass to a blue shirt consistently into dangerous areas

*we still can't produce shots on target consistantly

If port Vale are the worst team I've seen this season and that is supposedly one of our better performances we are doomed and for that reason I'm all for change.

Get him in. If nothing else it'll provide some entertainment with all the infighting it'll cause on here