Sheridan sacked

I don't want him back.

He sacked us off and left us in a terrible mess, that we still haven't sorted out. He's just lost 9 (?) in a row with a team that should be in the top 8 in the division below.

Last time around, he was a club legend, coming in to galvanise a club that was in the :censored:ter, and I just don't think he'd have the same effect this time. When he said things last time around along the lines of "building a project," and that only club he'd leave for were Wednesday/Leeds, it felt like we had a club back. I wouldn't believe a word that came out of his mouth if he came back. It'd just be like appointing any other of the rubbish lower league managers (ie Flitcroft), and we may as well stick with Robbo if that's the case. We were a decent finisher away from 3-0 today.

Sorry I missed that interview when he said he would only leave us for Wednesday or Leeds.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest nonaenever

He WAS a great player for us

He WAS good manager to keep us up.

He WAS a rat for jumping ship at the worst possible time. The 2 points above will not keep us in this league.

The 3rd point may well take us out of this league. For this alone I would not allow him anywhere near this club again.

Fair enough - I appreciate your opinion - never realised people felt so strongly about the way he left - from what I`d picked up on here most of it was Simon Corney's fault!

Last time around, he was a club legend, coming in to galvanise a club that was in the :censored:ter, and I just don't think he'd have the same effect this time.

This is a fair point.

Those who are saying they'd have him back but it wouldn't be the same need to consider this. The feeling around the place certainly contributed to our survival.

Although I do think if we started winning again he'd have the same status as he did last year with most...

I hope you're right BP. It was a great effort today, the players fought for everything and but for their keeper and some terrible luck we would have won today. But we still look lacking in confidence and if we're brutally honest there are no natural finishers in the squad. Sadly we need a miracle to stay up.

I've been a long time in football and seen teams follow long winning sequences with long losing sequences and vice versa.

To give him his due it appears the manager has been working hard to put things right and we looked well organised today, that hopefully will lead to better things.

Mind you, I'm as fickle as most fans and if we lose to Mansfield I'll no doubt be up in arms again.

Jeez - did you not witness last season's miracle? That's what it was.

It didn't work out for Keith Hill at Barnsley - Rochdale had him back - huge cock up by them wasn't it !

Eddie Howe also left Bournemouth for Burnley didn't work out went back to Bournemouth rest is history

A lot of people oh here importance on today's performance against a poor side with no manager.

These facts are horrendous P 24 - W 3 - D 10 - L 11 - goals scored 12 - goals conceded 27 - GD - 15

For those proclaiming the result against a very poor Vale side as a fantastic one,even mentioned as possibly our greatest 0-0 ever ?

please just keep reading again and again what Jagger has wrote above !

This is not just relegation form,it is being relegated as bottom of the pile with probably one of the worst season totals ever.

Robinson is out of his depth,unfortunate but true.

There's a lot of babies on this site...Get over it! Then get him back!

But to be honest...I'm more interested in Robbo going than I am it being Shez who replaces him.

Those banging on about a (admittedly) better performance yesterday are clutching more straws than a wanking scarecrow! You make your own luck...we can bemoan missing a handful of glorious chances all we like. It's nice to see us make them...we didn't do it with this system at Fleetwood...against a poor Vale side we did but couldn't make it count. We need to be making these chances every single game so we score one or two of them and then we will win more than we lose. Problem is, we won't do this every single game. Robbo's 24 games have proven this. He should've gone long before now...and for me, it doesn't necessarily need to be Shez who should replace him.

A factor is that Simon Corney did not burn any bridges by stating he understood why Shez left and let him go with his blessing.

..but has not explained to the fans why Sheridan left and why he was happy for him to do it......there is the crux

Guest nonaenever

..but has not explained to the fans why Sheridan left and why he was happy for him to do it......there is the crux

....which is exactly why the "questions for the chairman" thread has been ongoing and will soon come to fruition. So the fans can view for themselves what is said to questions presented in a proper, professional way.

There's a lot of babies on this site...Get over it! Then get him back!

But to be honest...I'm more interested in Robbo going than I am it being Shez who replaces him.

Those banging on about a (admittedly) better performance yesterday are clutching more straws than a wanking scarecrow! You make your own luck...we can bemoan missing a handful of glorious chances all we like. It's nice to see us make them...we didn't do it with this system at Fleetwood...against a poor Vale side we did but couldn't make it count. We need to be making these chances every single game so we score one or two of them and then we will win more than we lose. Problem is, we won't do this every single game. Robbo's 24 games have proven this. He should've gone long before now...and for me, it doesn't necessarily need to be Shez who should replace him.

You could argue that 24 games isn't a big enough sample size to say what a manager can and can't do.

But then that would be too sensible.