Latics stadium gains ACV listing

For your info folks....

A first for the town as Latics stadium gains ACV listing

Trust Oldham are pleased to announce that Boundary Park (Sportsdirect.com Park) has been listed as an Asset of Community Value (ACV) under the Localism Act (2011).

The successful listing means that should the owners of the stadium propose to sell the ground, Trust Oldham must first be notified. Trust Oldham can then exercise a right to bid which could place a pause of up to six months on any sale to enable the Trust to put together a bid for the Stadium.

Whilst there are current protections in place regarding the use of SportsDirect.com Park, its listing as an ACV is an important further step. It will mean that fans will have a voice if there is ever a future decision to be made about a sale of the ground. Several supporters groups across the country have been successful in listing their club stadiums.

The listing follows over a year’s worth of work by Trust Oldham. Throughout the application process there have been extensive discussions with the current stadium landlords, who have been supportive of the application.

Diane Mellor, Trust Oldham Chairwoman, said: “We are delighted with the news that the ACV listing has been successful. The team at Trust Oldham have worked hard on what has proved to be a complex process and we are delighted that hard work has paid off.”

“We would like to thank the landlords who have been supportive throughout the process. It is also an honour to be the first successful listing in the town.”

Blackburn Rovers’ Ewood Park stadium, Manchester United’s Old Trafford and Charlton Athletic’s The Valley are among those grounds that have been listed as ACVs.

Further details on what the ACV means can be found at http://trustoldham.co.uk/acv-application-faqs/

Edited by underdog

8 minutes ago, underdog said:

For your info folks....

A first for the town as Latics stadium gains ACV listing

Trust Oldham are pleased to announce that Boundary Park (Sportsdirect.com Park) has been listed as an Asset of Community Value (ACV) under the Localism Act (2011).

The successful listing means that should the owners of the stadium propose to sell the ground, Trust Oldham must first be notified. Trust Oldham can then exercise a right to bid which could place a pause of up to six months on any sale to enable the Trust to put together a bid for the Stadium.

Whilst there are current protections in place regarding the use of SportsDirect.com Park, its listing as an ACV is an important further step. It will mean that fans will have a voice if there is ever a future decision to be made about a sale of the ground. Several supporters groups across the country have been successful in listing their club stadiums.

The listing follows over a year’s worth of work by Trust Oldham. Throughout the application process there have been extensive discussions with the current stadium landlords, who have been supportive of the application.

Diane Mellor, Trust Oldham Chairwoman, said: “We are delighted with the news that the ACV listing has been successful. The team at Trust Oldham have worked hard on what has proved to be a complex process and we are delighted that hard work has paid off.”

“We would like to thank the landlords who have been supportive throughout the process. It is also an honour to be the first successful listing in the town.”

Blackburn Rovers’ Ewood Park stadium, Manchester United’s Old Trafford and Charlton Athletic’s The Valley are among those grounds that have been listed as ACVs.

Further details on what the ACV means can be found at http://trustoldham.co.uk/acv-application-faqs/

Thanks Underdog.

I relaly hope the Trust can get itself into a posiition that it could move quikcly if those 6 months were needed.  I tihnk it should be a main aim of the Trust now. It might no longer be able to meet the original iam of being able to buy the club if it when under, but being able to purchase the ground is doable isn't it?

Congrats to all ionvolvled, I think SC was too.

Anything we can do?

5 minutes ago, singe said:

Thanks Underdog.

I relaly hope the Trust can get itself into a posiition that it could move quikcly if those 6 months were needed.  I tihnk it should be a main aim of the Trust now. It might no longer be able to meet the original iam of being able to buy the club if it when under, but being able to purchase the ground is doable isn't it?

Congrats to all ionvolvled, I think SC was too.

Anything we can do?

thanks Singe....Its been a year of jumping through some legislative hoops, period of graces to be given notice on too, land ownership laws, who owns what building etc....not so much myself but others with the knowledge to do it.

We are hoping to build on the war chest and have some events coming up soon, the biggest regular money income would have been the scoreboard...but its not to be as we all know, so we are looking at alternatives

We will keep everyone posted on whats going on with the Trust/events and of course, our AGM in Next Monday if you can make it 7pm at the OEC centre

All support is appreciated

1 hour ago, rudemedic said:

On a technical point, how is ground defined? Does it end at the turnstiles, which would be slightly pointless as entry would be impossible, for some stands. Or does it include the car parks?

TBH I can't remember plan off the top of my head...I know there was a bit of clarification/negotiation over little wembley. I will see if I can get an outline at Mondays AGM..so TBA

59 minutes ago, underdog said:

TBH I can't remember plan off the top of my head...I know there was a bit of clarification/negotiation over little wembley. I will see if I can get an outline at Mondays AGM..so TBA

Cheers.

No matter the definition seems a good move from the trust.

On 29 June 2017 at 6:36 PM, rudemedic said:

On a technical point, how is ground defined? Does it end at the turnstiles, which would be slightly pointless as entry would be impossible, for some stands. Or does it include the car parks?

Hi rude had it confirmed tonight it does include the car park at the OEC/north stand, around the Rochdae rd end too car park  and little wembley as well.

hope this helps

10 hours ago, underdog said:

Hi rude had it confirmed tonight it does include the car park at the OEC/north stand, around the Rochdae rd end too car park  and little wembley as well.

hope this helps

Thanks very much underdog. That's what I was hoping would be included.