• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cornell cannot start against Millwall, even the stats don't help his cause against Coleman:

Cornell goals conceeded per game: 1.70 compared to Colemans 1.18.
Cornell clean sheets 1 in 17 compared to Colemans 4 in 11.
Games lost with Cornell in net: 8 compared to Colemans 3.

Error after error is costing us points.

Cornell cannot start against Millwall, even the stats don't help his cause against Coleman:

I pointed this out weeks ago and the stats don't lie.

Problem is Colemans not up someones arse.

Cornell is, by my judgement, directly or indirectly responsible for 5 or 6 of our last 11 conceded. Not to mention the lack of trust the defence will have in him.

I'm not confident Coleman is anywhere near ready to be first choice. Still a better option than Cornell but not by much.

We need a new keeper in urgently. We can't go into the Millwall game with either in net.

Cornell is, by my judgement, directly or indirectly responsible for 5 or 6 of our last 11 conceded. Not to mention the lack of trust the defence will have in him.

I'm not confident Coleman is anywhere near ready to be first choice. Still a better option than Cornell but not by much.

We need a new keeper in urgently. We can't go into the Millwall game with either in net.

Exactly...cornell dropping the ball does not make coleman into a better keeper

We are poor in all departments compared to other teams who seem to have better squads and play to win.I feel sorry for Coleman but we do not have a keeper which is above average and the whole team lacks both ability and confidence

Cornell reminded me of our two year old trying to catch his Peppa Pig balloon.

Peppa Pig would be better in net, can at least jump in muddy puddles.

Only won one game in all competitions with Cornell in net compared to 3 with Coleman.

Quick look back and if Coleman was in net, Southend wouldn't of scored at least two of those second half goals, Coventry wouldn't have scored from that corner and Colchester wouldn't of scored from that corner yesterday. I doubt Doncaster's second would have gone in either.

Possibly at least 4 points better off just by catching a ball in six yard area a few times.

Someone posted similar on here before, but, whilst I really don't rate Coleman as much as some on here, it's an absolute no brainer that he has to play against Milwall...

A new signing may play against Millwall, with a keeper sent out on loan.

A new signing may play against Millwall, with a keeper sent out on loan.

Well, the ideal scenario is that we get a 30+ year old keeper in with 300 appearances to his name. Paul Robinson was one I thought of because of his links with Dunn. He'd probably be too expensive though...

Well, the ideal scenario is that we get a 30+ year old keeper in with 300 appearances to his name. Paul Robinson was one I thought of because of his links with Dunn. He'd probably be too expensive though...

He's out of work though and may appreciate a little extra income.

Somebody who would not want our second choice if Cornel is first choice?

Yes because Dunn a real good judge of a keeper isn't he!! Think the Cornell not being good enoigh has been put to bed finally, don't think we will see him playing for our team anytime soon do you.

Edited by yarddog73

The issue is not just whether he is good enough, it is whether we can field anybody better I would suggest. ....unless we play 11 outfield players of course.

Ps that has just made me think. Do you have to name a keeper? Obviously you would but....