Congratulations Corney

52 minutes ago, singe said:

I think you are being slightly less than clear cut. It could easily be more clearly stated what happened and wipe away concerns that supporters have. Anyway at the point of takeover being formally resolved on 21st January (when AL was formally registered as a Director) the shares were also changed from 97+3 to  97+97+3+3.

Clearly, you can make the assumption that the Trust had the 6. But we don't know.
So either AL + SC or AL + AN other had 97 each or AL had both.

Why would that be done as an interim measure?

You are inferring that it is not the case and AL has the totality of the shares. I accept it might be out of date and the shares transferred over, with the set up being buying the current set up and overlaying it, other a number of other otptions.

But that is what is sticking in my craw, why the secrecy. What is supposed to be a positive and a clear change is marred by smokescreen. 

This ambiguity by the Trust and AL is harming reputations.

There is no secrecy? It is stated in black and white on the website that AL owns 97% of the club (fulfilling Football League regulation 105) - it's also been mentioned on different articles. Like I've said in the past - I don't know why he did it that way but he owns the club. 

There is absolutely no ambiguity from the Trust, the ambiguity comes from ChaddySmoker who keeps bringing it up (which I have no problem with normally but he's wrong this time). How many times do I have to say that AL owns the full 97%?

I don’t claim to understand how shares are distributed within a business but I’m suspicious about anything where Corney is involved.

The guy has been trying unsuccessfully to sell the club for a few years now and out of the blue a ‘friend’ of his (allegedly) who by his own admission says could take the club forward strikes a deal.

This ‘friendship’ now seems to have quickly evaporated and he’s been voted off the board. 

Now, to what or who’s advantage I have no idea, but I cant help thinking that the whole scenario could have been engineered.

29 minutes ago, jorvik_latic said:

There is no secrecy? It is stated in black and white on the website that AL owns 97% of the club (fulfilling Football League regulation 105) - it's also been mentioned on different articles. Like I've said in the past - I don't know why he did it that way but he owns the club. 

There is absolutely no ambiguity from the Trust, the ambiguity comes from ChaddySmoker who keeps bringing it up (which I have no problem with normally but he's wrong this time). How many times do I have to say that AL owns the full 97%?

I  appreciate the re-assurance Jorvik. I hadn't seen Chaddy Smokers posts, and just seen the entries at Companies House myself.

I've searched for the 97% info, and you have to scroll 9 times to get it, but at least it is there even if it contradicts other info. Other than that line there is nothing that can verify it.

I know you cannot speak on behalf of AL, but it is the dearth of information and yet again non standard actions that has beent he cause of extra concern.

I am not going to go into a review of the Trust but issues do remain.

PS The Trust Oldham website no longer exists.

4 minutes ago, singe said:

I  appreciate the re-assurance Jorvik. I hadn't seen Chaddy Smokers posts, and just seen the entries at Companies House myself.

I've searched for the 97% info, and you have to scroll 9 times to get it, but at least it is there even if it contradicts other info. Other than that line there is nothing that can verify it.

I know you cannot speak on behalf of AL, but it is the dearth of information and yet again non standard actions that has beent he cause of extra concern.

I am not going to go into a review of the Trust but issues do remain.

PS The Trust Oldham website no longer exists.

Thanks. I’ll look into it later. 

59 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

I don’t claim to understand how shares are distributed within a business but I’m suspicious about anything where Corney is involved.

The guy has been trying unsuccessfully to sell the club for a few years now and out of the blue a ‘friend’ of his (allegedly) who by his own admission says could take the club forward strikes a deal.

This ‘friendship’ now seems to have quickly evaporated and he’s been voted off the board. 

Now, to what or who’s advantage I have no idea, but I cant help thinking that the whole scenario could have been engineered.

To what end? 

On 08/05/2018 at 4:59 PM, jorvik_latic said:

I have said quite clearly weeks or months ago that when the information is changed at Companies House, I will change my view and probably agree with you.

Until then when you keep bringing it up, I will keep pointing out my reasoning for differing.

The are many ways that legal agreements can be scheduled for certain aspects to prevail at certain points in time and perhaps things have changed since the end of the season/ since relegation/since 3 months have passed etc. Third party information sometimes does not reflect those changes/clauses/ alterations.

We have all got used to the smoke and mirrors at Boundary Park so perhaps there is nothing untoward. I will withhold my judgment.

Not sure which is more laughable...

The folk who think AL should have sorted out the whole stinking mess the predecessor has left us in with a click of his fingers (it will take years to sort out)...

Or the folk who think that had AL not brought some of his own players in, that Corney, while not paying wages properly, club loan fees or the HMRC, would’ve magically gone out and signed up several top notch players that would’ve kept us up.

Weve managed to somehow stay up inspite of Corney over the years, not because of him. As our League One status went up in flames, it reminds me of the end scene in the film The Usual Suspects. He’s played a blinder to find a mug to pay his debts and walk off into the sunset. The blame lies squarely at his feet...everyone else has been a passenger on the train wreck. 

Edited by boundaryblue80
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, boundaryblue80 said:

that Corney, while not paying wages properly, club loan fees or the HMRC, would’ve magically gone out and signed up several top notch players that would’ve kept us up.

You mean like previous seasons where players were signed to keep us up-may not have been top notch but he always delivered the goods when a manager asked.

1 hour ago, boundaryblue80 said:

Not sure which is more laughable...

The folk who think AL should have sorted out the whole stinking mess the predecessor has left us in with a click of his fingers (it will take years to sort out)...

Or the folk who think that had AL not brought some of his own players in, that Corney, while not paying wages properly, club loan fees or the HMRC, would’ve magically gone out and signed up several top notch players that would’ve kept us up.

Weve managed to somehow stay up inspite of Corney over the years, not because of him. As our League One status went up in flames, it reminds me of the end scene in the film The Usual Suspects. He’s played a blinder to find a mug to pay his debts and walk off into the sunset. The blame lies squarely at his feet...everyone else has been a passenger on the train wreck. 

Bloody hell BB where have you been?