Grimsby (a)

13 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

Just watched the highlights - as good as Surridge's goals were the way Baxter times the run for his is something we've been missing for a long, long time.....

Cross made the goal in my opinion but Baxter's run into the box is something we don't always do and created a relatively simple chance. Our midfielders are poor at getting in the box especially when our main forwards are out on the wings and have to pass backwards instead of crossing. Other teams seem to flood the box with players and cause the opposition problems. Plus my main bugbear which we have somewhat rectified this season....." Have a bloody shot !"

1 hour ago, Bobledgersheart said:

Cross made the goal in my opinion but Baxter's run into the box is something we don't always do and created a relatively simple chance. Our midfielders are poor at getting in the box especially when our main forwards are out on the wings and have to pass backwards instead of crossing. Other teams seem to flood the box with players and cause the opposition problems. Plus my main bugbear which we have somewhat rectified this season....." Have a bloody shot !"

Haven't we already scored one this season where a player took a shot that 95% of the time would be saved/miss only for it to be in the other 5%?

10 hours ago, Bobledgersheart said:

This. I subscribe to the school of thought that football is a simple game and that the majority of players, certainly at League 2 level, need to concentrate on the basics: passing, tackling, closing down, heading and shooting.

And as for the substitute being instructed for seemingly minutes on end by one of the coaching staff pointing to whatever on an iPad ....?

1 hour ago, TheBigDog said:

This. I subscribe to the school of thought that football is a simple game and that the majority of players, certainly at League 2 level, need to concentrate on the basics: passing, tackling, closing down, heading and shooting.

And as for the substitute being instructed for seemingly minutes on end by one of the coaching staff pointing to whatever on an iPad ....?

He needed to know where exactly bomb alley was