I watched them at Exeter a week and a half ago.  They played 4-4-2 then (although they played a 4-5-1 on Tuesday) and were pretty traditional in the way they set up.  2 physical centre backs, 2 steady full backs, a strong centre mid in McCullough and a savvy one in Perkins, 2 out-and-out wingers and 2 athletic forwards.  Their players aren't as talented as Bury and they aren't as "professional" as Lincoln, but they're well organised and have threats in the right areas.

I'd say that we should stick with 4-2-3-1 for the game:

Iversen

Hamer

Clarke

Edmundson

Iacovitti

Missilou

Sylla

Dearnley

Maouche

Nepomuceno

Lang

Not ideal having Maouche in the Baxter role, but there's no point putting O'Grady and Vera up against centre backs that are going to overpower them.  If Maouche finds the gaps between their defence and midfield and Lang drags their centre backs out of position, we might get some joy.

We need two up top. One of which has to be lang. Just to give us some mobility  at prenton park their two center backs bossed it from open play until we got some pace on and them turned them around.

when sturridge came on then they looked immobile and vulnerable to anything in the channel. 

Will we ever see lacovitti? One of thr worst loan signings we have ever made surely? Not fit, not names in squads and we have players who can do a job in his position.

Sylla and missle dont really work as a pairing. Both want to cover same ar3a of the pitch. 

We are so poor going forward that i could see us on the end of a chasing unless someone can produce some magic. 

1 minute ago, bluehobbit said:

Will we ever see lacovitti? One of thr worst loan signings we have ever made surely? Not fit, not names in squads and we have players who can do a job in his position.

Been named in the squad. Also who is decent in his position apart from our left winger?

2 hours ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

I watched them at Exeter a week and a half ago.  They played 4-4-2 then (although they played a 4-5-1 on Tuesday) and were pretty traditional in the way they set up.  2 physical centre backs, 2 steady full backs, a strong centre mid in McCullough and a savvy one in Perkins, 2 out-and-out wingers and 2 athletic forwards.  Their players aren't as talented as Bury and they aren't as "professional" as Lincoln, but they're well organised and have threats in the right areas.

I'd say that we should stick with 4-2-3-1 for the game:

Iversen

Hamer

Clarke

Edmundson

Iacovitti

Missilou

Sylla

Dearnley

Maouche

Nepomuceno

Lang

Not ideal having Maouche in the Baxter role, but there's no point putting O'Grady and Vera up against centre backs that are going to overpower them.  If Maouche finds the gaps between their defence and midfield and Lang drags their centre backs out of position, we might get some joy.

Agree with this team. It's a shame we can't drop Maouche who has been coasting through games for as long as I can remember. Lots of ability but he can't really be arsed. 

Time for Hunt to have a rest and introduce a taller left back. 

Edited by welshgaz
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, disjointed said:

Yes I would, personally I think Hunt has been treated poorly by the owner, when he is on his game we don't have a better full back at the club. 

Hes not on his game though. He’s playing very poorly. 

How long before Connor Brown is a cult hero who gave a commanding, world beating performance every game? Seems to be that over a bit of time people forget just how shit players were doing (Dan Gardner for one). We could sign Ali Dia and after two weeks out with a groin strain he'd be up there with Pele in some people's eyes