Abdallah or FLG

Abdallah or FLG  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Abdallah or FLG

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I haven't voted as it's completely worthless to do so. I don't like how things are progressing under the Chuckle Brothers but despite initial elation at the Fan Led Group's intentions, I honestly don't know what they intend to do, nor who the ones in the shadows are or if they're able to have sufficient funds to keep the club running each month (as Lemsagam says that he is). I can understand Lemsagam's hostility towards the Fan led Group with the way that they've progressed so far and as always the Trust seem to be unsure of what's going on with them.

He said, she said constantly and nothing's being achieved while the club just rots after yet another hammering before the next loss.

I was happy at the idea of the Fan Led Group of knights in shining armour riding to the rescue and was willing to put money into any share issue or whatever, but in the meantime I'll just watch sub-standard players being brought in and the further rapid decline of my club. Living here in Cornwall means that I can't get to games but it meant that I could feel like I was helping Latics to survive in some way and feel part of the club. Which with the way that things are going won't be for much longer.

1 hour ago, Dave_Og said:

No. Why would they? 

If they have bought some shares it will have cost beans.. No need to seek funding for that. 

You got any thoughts on what these alleged shares are when according to Companies House,  records state  the Trust hold 6 shares /3% and AL holds

194 /97% ?

I do share your opinion that theyre worth ‘beans’ and only of value to someone who wants to control the board 

1 minute ago, tGWB said:

You got any thoughts on what these alleged shares are when according to Companies House,  records state  the Trust hold 6 shares /3% and AL holds

194 /97% ?

I do share your opinion that theyre worth ‘beans’ and only of value to someone who wants to control the board 

Not a clue to be honest.  If there were shares issued at some point post the 194/6 coming into existence in 2004 I think then I can't imagine they could have been issued to anyone other than Blitz/Gazal/Corney but it's beyond bizarre that it didn't become apparent when Lemsagam was buying his holding.

7 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Not a clue to be honest.  If there were shares issued at some point post the 194/6 coming into existence in 2004 I think then I can't imagine they could have been issued to anyone other than Blitz/Gazal/Corney but it's beyond bizarre that it didn't become apparent when Lemsagam was buying his holding.

Unless AL has sold some shares in the meantime?

5 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

It is incredulous that something like this wouldn't come to light,but the whole due diligence process appears bizarre, nothing suprises me anymore other than the dire performances on the pitch

12 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Every article I read at the time stated AL bought the club as in Corneys 97% shareholding and that the Trust held the other 3% 

https://d3d4football.com/lemsagam-buys-the-latics-by-chris-stringer/

Truly baffling what the FLG are in the process of purchasing 

🤔

It would have been handy to have some detail about the last set of accounts, wouldn't it.

Needing the owner to Engage and be transparent is not Comparable to wanting to know Absolutely everything  but can Resolve some of our scepticism,  Can lead to better Understanding of the motives of the owner.

We wanted Corney & Co. gone and we ended up with AL. Do we want the same scenario, because I have no idea who FLG is/are. I know people are going to say I have taken up substance abuse for saying this, but here goes. The appointment of Dino could prove to be a turning point if, and it's the biggest IF the world has ever seen, AL and MO let Dino bring in the players he wants to and be left to get on with first team matters. I think a lot of fans have taken to Dino and if the situation is handled properly he could be a conduit between the fans and the hierarchy at the club. I'm not suggesting the relationship between the fans and the 'powers that be' will be repaired, but whatever happens I think Dino deserves a chance with one or two transfer windows.

1 minute ago, Damian_Thorn said:

We wanted Corney & Co. gone and we ended up with AL. Do we want the same scenario, because I have no idea who FLG is/are. I know people are going to say I have taken up substance abuse for saying this, but here goes. The appointment of Dino could prove to be a turning point if, and it's the biggest IF the world has ever seen, AL and MO let Dino bring in the players he wants to and be left to get on with first team matters. I think a lot of fans have taken to Dino and if the situation is handled properly he could be a conduit between the fans and the hierarchy at the club. I'm not suggesting the relationship between the fans and the 'powers that be' will be repaired, but whatever happens I think Dino deserves a chance with one or two transfer windows.

We do have some idea who the FLG are. We want to know the backers, of course, but we do have knowledge and track records of 3 and potentially 4 people involved, including many years of voluntary work at the club. Concerns, inevitably. But we are 89th in the Football League, on a downward spiral that shows no sign of stopping. 

13 minutes ago, Damian_Thorn said:

Seriously, why would you think that will happen? 

16 minutes ago, Damian_Thorn said:

And there lies the double problem. It was said that Mo thinks that he's doing a good job, and with his mindset it's unlikely that he's going to give autonomy regarding the team to Dino. It's also unlikely that his brother's going to allow it either as it's his club and he can do whatever he wants. After yesterday's result most of us wearily expected the axe to fall yet again, but he's still there doing what he can with what he's got. I doubt that he'll be given a single transfer window, and also that he'd be given any input. He can pick the team himself but you can only do so much with what's available.

In the meantime the shitshow just goes on and nothing is resolved.

12 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Seriously, why would you think that will happen? 

More than a hint of desperation to be sure, but after the Mansfield game I believe that even AL/MO can see the trouble we're in (more desperation). I'm just not sure about FLG. I can't help but relate to the Bolton saga, where Dean Holdsworth arrives on his white horse, but it's the 'man/men in grey suits' behind him that seemed to be the problem (although I don't pretend to know the back-story). Another case is Bury, Stewart Day left and Steve Daly entered and the rest is history (as are Bury).

The good ship Latics is taking on water and listing for sure, but I don't want to end-up in a little leaky life raft in the middle of shark-infested waters. I can give you no solid, tangible reasons why I believe, but my thoughts are somewhere between hope and hysteria I suppose.

6 minutes ago, Damian_Thorn said:

More than a hint of desperation to be sure, but after the Mansfield game I believe that even AL/MO can see the trouble we're in (more desperation). I'm just not sure about FLG. I can't help but relate to the Bolton saga, where Dean Holdsworth arrives on his white horse, but it's the 'man/men in grey suits' behind him that seemed to be the problem (although I don't pretend to know the back-story). Another case is Bury, Stewart Day left and Steve Daly entered and the rest is history (as are Bury).

The good ship Latics is taking on water and listing for sure, but I don't want to end-up in a little leaky life raft in the middle of shark-infested waters. I can give you no solid, tangible reasons why I believe, but my thoughts are somewhere between hope and hysteria I suppose.

Take the blinkers off mate

12 minutes ago, Damian_Thorn said:

I'm not sure about Mo seeing anything. He was on the bench. Have they learnt nothing?

I should say Mike Halliwell says he was sat with Mo, and Mo went to speak with the physio. MH then drove Mo to the hospital, and phoned Fage's mother.

mmm about 20 mins was on the bench then...

1 minute ago, oafcmetty said:

Take the blinkers off mate

The blinkers are off, I can see the problem(s) that have devastated this club over the years, this situation is nothing new. The thread asks Abdallah or FLG, I didn't vote, because I don't know if the cure is worse than the illness. As I said I can give no logical reason other than irrational hope.

26 minutes ago, singe said:

I'm not sure about Mo seeing anything. He was on the bench. Have they learnt nothing?

I should say Mike Halliwell says he was sat with Mo, and Mo went to speak with the physio. MH then drove Mo to the hospital, and phoned Fage's mother.

Who's Mike Halliwell? 

This bloke is just treating the club as his personal hobby. 

55 minutes ago, singe said:

Mike Halliwell was at Halifax yesterday I heard. 

1 hour ago, singe said:

He wasnt on the bench for twenty minutes. That's bullshit

On 10/12/2019 at 5:17 PM, Dave_Og said:

We don't know. One assumes there is a reason. Do you really think they can do worse than what this gang of incompetents is leading us towards? 

Their opening gambit was they wouldn’t have the money to run the football club (just acquire the OEC/Land via fund raising share scheme) 

So...yes...by their own admission. 

13 minutes ago, boundaryblue80 said:

Their opening gambit was they wouldn’t have the money to run the football club (just acquire the OEC/Land via fund raising share scheme) 

So...yes...by their own admission. 

They haven't made a move yet. One would imagine they won't until a clearer funding plan is in place. It's clear that the current regime has no clear plan for anything. 

8 hours ago, LittlePhilHill said:

I don’t know about either of them. As soon as I hear ‘Fan led group’ I think it’s brilliant but wasn’t one of the FLG involved with/business partners with Corney, Blitz and Gazal up until a couple of years ago and are people fine with this?

That is a genuine question and the connection between those three and the FLG is something I would like to know more about. The stuff the FLG proposed sounds brilliant and seeing clubs like Lincoln’s fans bar absolutely rammed on a cold Tuesday night or that setup at Mansfield yesterday makes it clear just how poor our fans’ facilities are.

Excellent post. And incredible that after 8hrs not a single poster has replied or commented on it. Its almost as tho we shouldn’t talk about this 🙄

One of the 3 got into financial trouble and had to sell his business to Corney which after Corney lumped further debt on it to get the stand open, he then bumped the company. Business eh 🙄

Archived