Conor McAleny signs

3 minutes ago, Lags said:

Right..... Am done. I've tried to put a different view point. Time to retire a while. I've bigger fish to fry in my personal life right now. 

Here's what I see. The council requires works to be done on the North stand to release it for football matches and have fans in it. The club don't own the stand. Brassbank does. So once the owner of the stand does the work required. The fans are in. 

I believe the club are still in talks to buy the ground. The owner wants 'x' the club wants 'y' 

Am done..... All have fun

Brass bank own the rest of the ground too so if the responsibility for upkeep on the football side is theirs in the North Stand then why not so in the rest of the ground? Why do OAFC employ their own maintenance team? Stewards etc? 

as you’ve said your done and hope things are ok in the personal life - more important things sometimes 

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Lags said:

Right..... Am done. I've tried to put a different view point. Time to retire a while. I've bigger fish to fry in my personal life right now. 

Here's what I see. The council requires works to be done on the North stand to release it for football matches and have fans in it. The club don't own the stand. Brassbank does. So once the owner of the stand does the work required. The fans are in. 

I believe the club are still in talks to buy the ground. The owner wants 'x' the club wants 'y' 

Am done..... All have fun

As you've mentioned before, we dont know the details of the documents which is why I mentioned either of the 3 parties could be responsible.

All we know is that the local press have reported the club have refused to sit down (whether true or not is unknown however the club haven't corrected this to my knowledge which suggests the club is holding this up - again, may not be true but that is current impression). If true then it's clear nothing will get resolved until the club sit down. 

Hope everything is ok in your personal life and that your back posting soon.

18 hours ago, Lags said:

And you still claim its the clubs fault. Who chained the doors. Who's responsibilty is it to satisfy the council that the North stand is fit for football purposes. Who is responsible to pay the cost to satisfy the council the North stand is fit for football purposes. 

It's the council who closed the stand for football purposes not the club. It's not the clubs building to satisfy the council. So singe, why is it the clubs fault? 

I've stated many times Al got some things wrong, you're narrative he gets everything wrong. You beat the club at every turn. Why is that? 

The reason you can't get the links of proof is to my mind those links are OWTB lore. The lore of so much blame over many unfounded beliefs or theories becomes truth as more its posted. 

Here's a theory for you, the more unravels regarding transfer of the North stand to brassbank in 2016 and the tax payers funds that aided it's build surface. Just maybe the asking price comes down and the holy grail of the club /stadium/land become one again. The fans come together as one. 

1. Doors chained is permitted out of hours.

2. The responsibility is between the various parties for various aspects.

3. THe clubs responsbiliity is during match time.

4. I only say it's wrong when I  feel it is, which is often, but like i said the pandemic is an aopportunity

5. I can;t get the  links due to time pressure, and can't be arsed.

6. THe stand purchase hasn't unravelled, as Barry tried and failed, everyone knew.

7. The SAG invited the club to a meeting to resolve, which they refused and put pre condiions on

8. Hopefully all is bundled together and we can all be on the same side

But you know all this, you're just throwing dead cats all over the place.

However, I wish you well.

34 minutes ago, singe said:

1. Doors chained is permitted out of hours.

2. The responsibility is between the various parties for various aspects.

3. THe clubs responsbiliity is during match time.

4. I only say it's wrong when I  feel it is, which is often, but like i said the pandemic is an aopportunity

5. I can;t get the  links due to time pressure, and can't be arsed.

6. THe stand purchase hasn't unravelled, as Barry tried and failed, everyone knew.

7. The SAG invited the club to a meeting to resolve, which they refused and put pre condiions on

8. Hopefully all is bundled together and we can all be on the same side

Do you know what singe. 8 points and cringevile. Utter drivel. And I genuinely wanted to retire. Is that really your best shot. Who are you? My user name on here is my real life nickname 

11 minutes ago, Lags said:

Do you know what singe. 8 points and cringevile. Utter divel. And I genuinely wanted to retire. Is that really your best shot. Who are you? My user name on here is my real life nickname 

I don't seem to agree with you on much Lags, but I  bear you no ill will. People used to be able to have ding song arguments societal change I think.

Not my best shot, just my responses.

My nickname is my real life nickname too. Not sure what that is supposed to mean.

Lets agree to disagree and move on, it shouldn't get personal.

16 minutes ago, singe said:

I don't seem to agree with you on much Lags, but I  bear you no ill will. People used to be able to have ding song arguments societal change I think.

Not my best shot, just my responses.

My nickname is my real life nickname too. Not sure what that is supposed to mean.

Lets agree to disagree and move on, it shouldn't get personal.

Its not personal. But let's be honest those 8 points are poor at best. Utter rubbish. Do I really need to go through them one by one? The reason I asked who are you was only to get credibility, nothing else

1 hour ago, singe said:

1. Doors chained is permitted out of hours.  Not during match times, which they were.

2. The responsibility is between the various parties for various aspects. Ambiguous. No, it's the stand owners responsibility to satisfy the council

3. THe clubs responsbiliity is during match time. Correct for the safety certificate of those in the ground. they cannot accept anyone entering through a building the council don't pass, unless through a turnstyle. There is the problem, some didn't. Also the bar had to be empty at 1pm which it wasn't.

4. I only say it's wrong when I  feel it is, which is often, but like i said the pandemic is an aopportunity The stand was closed prior any pandemic 

5. I can;t get the  links due to time pressure, and can't be arsed. Chances are you can't.

6. THe stand purchase hasn't unravelled, as Barry tried and failed, everyone knew. So no council funds contributed, watch this space!

7. The SAG invited the club to a meeting to resolve, which they refused and put pre condiions on Do you blame them given above? again watch this space

8. Hopefully all is bundled together and we can all be on the same side Finally, one truth.

However, I wish you well.

Singe......you are one of the most vocal and that's your reasoning? total utter rubbish. Please don't take this as anything other than debate.  We are all Oldham Athletic brothers. we want the best for OAFC. Just come on!!

Archived