How about these big centre forwards ?

CHRISTENSEN for me, showunmi wont be let out and i dont rate mccammon plus hes at the pikeys!

if i were shez i would be using the internet and looking at peoples squads for these sort of players and then approaching them, thats if, as we all think, our scouting system is non existent.

CHRISTENSEN for me, showunmi wont be let out and i dont rate mccammon plus hes at the pikeys!

if i were shez i would be using the internet and looking at peoples squads for these sort of players and then approaching them, thats if, as we all think, our scouting system is non existent.

But how do you know they have not approached any of them and they have

i) Rejected us out of hand

ii) We are already in negotiations with them

iii) Shez has dealings with one of them in the past and they have a real attitude problem and wants to return to Norway

iv) They are on mega wages and demanding huge money

v) Stich doesn't want to stitch one of his favourite clubs and his mate Shez up and has said don't touch because his mates still at Oakwelll have said there is a real problem with his knee (or some other such thing) which is why he has only scored 1 goal in 12 games

vi) Shez may already being sing the internet to do this

vii) Shez gets 40,000 calls per day of players, and their agents

My old boss was Asst Manger at highish non league level, and he used to spend all day on the phone talking to players. They have a lot of spare time in the day it seems.

My point is that there is so much you don't know, because none of us could know.

Anyone fancy one of these big centre forwards at Latics, none it seems are catching their respective first teams at the moment ?

Kim Christensen

Enoch Showunmi

Mark Mc Cammon

Shuwumni would be the best option but no way will Johnson let him go, and I don't really fancy the other two as the lad from Barnsley is a bit of an unknown quantity and McCammon with 27goals in 10 seasons hardly demands respect!!

Shez will have his targets but if they're beyond our budget then so be it....No point in panic buys that are no better than we already have so I say leave it till the end of the season and have a real go next time!!! KTF.

Shuwumni would be the best option but no way will Johnson let him go, and I don't really fancy the other two as the lad from Barnsley is a bit of an unknown quantity and McCammon with 27goals in 10 seasons hardly demands respect!!

Shez will have his targets but if they're beyond our budget then so be it....No point in panic buys that are no better than we already have so I say leave it till the end of the season and have a real go next time!!! KTF.

No chance of getting Showmni Johnson rates him and getting a fair few games in the championship at the mo, dont like the look of that McCammon guy looks like Lemar.

Id take a punt on that Christensen though looks like a bit of a gamble that might just pay off. Those are the types of gambles we are gonna have to take if we cant get our desired targets. We need more players in simple as that...

But how do you know they have not approached any of them and they have

i) Rejected us out of hand

ii) We are already in negotiations with them

iii) Shez has dealings with one of them in the past and they have a real attitude problem and wants to return to Norway

iv) They are on mega wages and demanding huge money

v) Stich doesn't want to stitch one of his favourite clubs and his mate Shez up and has said don't touch because his mates still at Oakwelll have said there is a real problem with his knee (or some other such thing) which is why he has only scored 1 goal in 12 games

vi) Shez may already being sing the internet to do this

vii) Shez gets 40,000 calls per day of players, and their agents

My old boss was Asst Manger at highish non league level, and he used to spend all day on the phone talking to players. They have a lot of spare time in the day it seems.

My point is that there is so much you don't know, because none of us could know.

It's as though the club aren't aware of other players! That it's waiting for a supporter to suggest aomeone ( eg Elding or Showumni) and Sheridan then says "Oh, don't know about him, let's check him out" !

You're right, there will be a constant flow of information, phone calls etc that we don't know about. It frustrates me to hell that we have fans who don't appear to give any credit to the club for being professional. The bottom line is money. Can we afford fees and/or wages? Bandying names about is fun, but doesn't change the real world.

It's as though the club aren't aware of other players! That it's waiting for a supporter to suggest aomeone ( eg Elding or Showumni) and Sheridan then says "Oh, don't know about him, let's check him out" !

You're right, there will be a constant flow of information, phone calls etc that we don't know about. It frustrates me to hell that we have fans who don't appear to give any credit to the club for being professional. The bottom line is money. Can we afford fees and/or wages? Bandying names about is fun, but doesn't change the real world.

To be honest. Clubs are usually grateful to their supporters suggesting, scouting or introducing players to them. Amateur scouts are one of the best sources of players, particularly at this level. Sheridan and his staff can't be everywhere. It does no harm making suggestions about any player to the club. Certainly can't hurt...

Edited by happyterryb

Don't underestimate fans knowledge of the game, many have a good eye for a player and can make shrewd assessments of tactics after watching matches at all levels over several years.

In fact having worked in the game I can say for certain some are more knowledgeable than so called professionals.

Another fact is many clubs often aren't aware of good players on their own doorstep never mind out of the area.

Here' an insight into one managers remarks to his chief scout;

Manager (desperate for a midfield general): Do you know any ball artists ?

Scout (in jest): The Dutchman Van Gogh was an artist.

Manager (serious): Ok, go see him play and give me a full report.

Scout: He's dead now boss.

Manager(storms off): You're useless..why didn't you tell me about him earlier !

Edited by BP1960

This is not what we are saying at all.... most people are not saying they dont trust shez, we are simply having a bit of a chat about who we would like to see play for our club, If by some twist of fate someone at BP decides to look at this and it gives them inspiration then great.. if not, we are not having a pop at anyone... just having some banter...

I think it is interesting to see that we do all pretty much agree that we need a big guy up front.... which is pretty consistent with what Shez is saying.... what people are doing on here however is looking at goal records, this is not what this player will be about - they will be about strength and hold up... couldnt care less if the guy didnt score a goal all season... but if he has the ability to batter a defence, hold a ball up and set up Hughesy and davies for 20 each a season then that is what e need!

Showumni would be perfect - however he is majorly back in favour at brizzle and they have just shipped out Jevo and Brooker as has been said.... the other two I dont know much about... however highly doubt we would get the Norwegian as he only signed in the summer...

I dont think we can look at stats for this one - we need a type of player who will do a job for us - sure Shez and the team know that...

Narrr BP they wont let him go !!!!

Big Leon Constantine must now be surplus to requirements at Leeds, unfortunately he's out with a broken arm at the moment, but maybe he's still worth considering in the long term.

Edited by BP1960

I know of a striker who might need to go out on loan for a bit of first team action, David Cotterill he is currently at the pie munchers but looked a great player when he played for Brizzle City

He did bag a great goal for them the other week but as the Showumni move has shown if you don't ask, you don't get!

Anyone fancy one of these big centre forwards at Latics, none it seems are catching their respective first teams at the moment ?

Kim Christensen

Enoch Showunmi

Mark Mc Cammon

Despite his ridiculous height Showmithemuni has never appeared to me to play a hold the ball up/target man type of game. Especially in the air. If challenged, he's never won that many headers when I've seen him. Always looked more like he was trying to put his pace to good effect to me and I've always thought he was over-rated at that be honest. Not a bad player by any means but not somebody I'd go for.

McCammon is the right style of player but how good is he? Never looked like setting the world alight when I've seen him but always looked useful. Not the worst shout.

And I've never heard of Christensen let alone seen him play so errrrrrr.........................................I'll go for him!!!