Taylor 700k

HOTLINE - Steve Coppell

BARCLAYS PREMIER LEAGUE

Reading boss Steve Coppell is ready to move for Oldham left-winger Kris Taylor - and that could prompt the sale of Stephen Hunt.

Latics will sell for about £700,000, with Sheffield United and Hull also interested.

If Coppell gets his man he could sell £6mrated Hunt, who is being tracked by Everton and Sunderland.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOTLINE - Steve Coppell

BARCLAYS PREMIER LEAGUE

Reading boss Steve Coppell is ready to move for Oldham left-winger Kris Taylor - and that could prompt the sale of Stephen Hunt.

Latics will sell for about £700,000, with Sheffield United and Hull also interested.

If Coppell gets his man he could sell £6mrated Hunt, who is being tracked by Everton and Sunderland.

How reliable are the Sunday People? They can't even spell his name correctly!

It would (hopefully) have to be a lot more than £700,000 and if the club let him go for that, then they are utterly stupid.

How reliable are the Sunday People? They can't even spell his name correctly!

NOT VERY (doesn't Kris play for the mighty Hereford?)

It would (hopefully) have to be a lot more than £700,000 and if the club let him go for that, then they are utterly stupid.

If the club is losing £15k a week x 52 weeks = £760k and cannot expect any more FA Cup income this season, cashing in before the credit crunch really strikes (as in supporters losing jobs and not going to games, pushing crowds down further) makes an awful lot of sense.

I don't want Taylor or anybody else to leave the club.

Fingers crossed, TTA will take the longer term view that promotion could have bigger financial rewards than selling a prized asset in the transfer window. Taylor = creative = goals = points = promotion.

But transfer fees in the lower leagues will be further depressed over the next year or two and there is a logic to cashing in before the drop hits.

Edited by opinions4u

Agreed, we often get carried away with what players are actually worth on here.............

i don't think we get carried away enough.

£500k for a defender like Trotman was about right but up and coming attacking players always seem to go for £1-2m+ for other clubs. Why not us???

£500k for a defender like Trotman was about right but up and coming attacking players always seem to go for £1-2m+ for other clubs. Why not us???

Why do other clubs, historically no bigger or even smaller than us manage to get out of this tatty division?

What about us???????!!!!

Why do other clubs, historically no bigger or even smaller than us manage to get out of this tatty division?

What about us???????!!!!

Share your frustration, but the answer to your quetion may be the fact that there are plenty of Oldhamers, sat at home in their Latics Premier League shirts, who are quite content with the Club's historical record.

Burnley fans must be even more frustrated at no League success since the 1960s.

Share your frustration, but the answer to your quetion may be the fact that there are plenty of Oldhamers, sat at home in their Latics Premier League shirts, who are quite content with the Club's historical record.

Burnley fans must be even more frustrated at no League success since the 1960s.

These days, the longer a club stays down the more its stature as a club shrinks. So much so that there is now a question mark over our ability to survive and compete in a division in which we comfortably held our own for twenty-odd unbroken years-and that's when we weren't busy getting ourselves promoted out of it.

I'd love to go back to the days when small town clubs regularly won the major honours and the likes of Manchester United and Liverpool were second division strugglers. For football only, of course-they can keep all the rest of it: rickets, diptheria, the Means Test, World Wars One and Two; the Jarrow march and dripping butties for dinner. I'd like to send Amy Winehouse and Pete Docherty back to those times though.

Because most are strikers and come from clubs like Crewe which have a good reputation when it comes to their young players preforming at a higher level.

...rickets, the Means Test, World Wars One and Two; the Jarrow march and dripping butties for dinner.

These had all disappeared by the 1960s when Burnley were League Champions and coming to BP as the star attraction for the switching on of the floodlights. Since then generations have dreamed of those days and were envious of our brief spell of glory years.

One benefit of all that in-breeding is that Burnley people support their home town team.

Hardly surprising that there are rumours about Talyor. Young hard-working talented midfielder with an 'eye for goal' who tends to get compliments from whoever we play against.

To be honest, it would be more surprising if we weren't reading rumours of his departure. Stands out head and shoulders above our other home-grown players IMO (cannot see Smalley, Lewis, Lomax getting much interest - at least at the moment, they could improve) with the possible exception of Earldley (though I think its the Welsh international that gets him the attention more than his outright ability).

I think its almost a nailed on certainty that offers for Taylor will come in during the window from higher division clubs. Most likely Championship ones, though a low end Premiership club might 'take a risk', but I don't think Taylor is good enough for the Prem (yet at least).

What is not certain is what the club will do. Do they ask Chris if he wants to go (not wanting to stand in his way?) / Do they sell without consultation as we need the cash / Do they say not for sale as we are going for promotion (unless silly figures are involved)?

To be honest I don't know what I think they'll do. If they give Chris the option, I think he might well choose to go if its a top half or better Championship club.

These had all disappeared by the 1960s when Burnley were League Champions and coming to BP as the star attraction for the switching on of the floodlights. Since then generations have dreamed of those days and were envious of our brief spell of glory years.

One benefit of all that in-breeding is that Burnley people support their home town team.

And not only that-a remarkably high proportion of the town's population supports them. It's easy to forget how small Burnley is compared to other major towns in the region, Oldham included.

Pity they have such a high proportion of cretins following them.

HOTLINE - Steve Coppell

BARCLAYS PREMIER LEAGUE

Reading boss Steve Coppell is ready to move for Hereford left-winger Kris Taylor - and that could prompt the sale of Stephen Hunt.

He's worth more than £700 k. If the club are serious about promotion we need to keep him. End of. It has been the Chris Taylor show for the past two weeks, and the club need to give him a good enough offer. Having said that, if he is given a decent offer elsewhere who could blame the lad for going. He works his socks off, and has been a pleasure to watch the last couple of games. I hope we manage to keep him.

He's worth more than £700 k. If the club are serious about promotion we need to keep him. End of. It has been the Chris Taylor show for the past two weeks, and the club need to give him a good enough offer. Having said that, if he is given a decent offer elsewhere who could blame the lad for going. He works his socks off, and has been a pleasure to watch the last couple of games. I hope we manage to keep him.

Could not complain if the lad gets and takes an offer to further his career at a bigger club. He has bags of potential and I would wish him well if he does go.

Would be great though if both he and TTA wanted to see how this season pans out before mocing on/cashing in - he could get Championship football with us/save us a fortune in having to buy a Championship standard winger next season.

I don't want Taylor or anybody else to leave the club.

Fingers crossed, TTA will take the longer term view that promotion could have bigger financial rewards than selling a prized asset in the transfer window. Taylor = creative = goals = points = promotion.

But transfer fees in the lower leagues will be further depressed over the next year or two and there is a logic to cashing in before the drop hits.

promotion is not gaurenteed though is it..and 700k would be....

i want to get out of this :censored:ty league as much as the next player...but if we continue to be hit and miss for the rest of the season we wont go up and the money offered for a player like taylor next season would drop significantly......

at the moment there rumours..let them put there money were there mouths are and see a concrete offer......if they offer 700k hold out for a million plus incentives,if he goes we cash in if he stays we are still quids in....

lets hope city sell richards in jan then we wont need to sell.

promotion is not gaurenteed though is it..and 700k would be....

i want to get out of this :censored:ty league as much as the next player...but if we continue to be hit and miss for the rest of the season we wont go up and the money offered for a player like taylor next season would drop significantly......

at the moment there rumours..let them put there money were there mouths are and see a concrete offer......if they offer 700k hold out for a million plus incentives,if he goes we cash in if he stays we are still quids in....

lets hope city sell richards in jan then we wont need to sell.

The money offered would drop why? you are making a bad assumption there, there is no reason the for the money offered for him to go down, if anything it will go up if he keep performing like he does.

I'm sure Taylor himself will want to see if we can get promoted this season before deciding anything especially if we are still were we are now in January. It's never the best option for a player to move in January being expected to instantly blend with a new team and start performing straight away.

We all expected there to be interest but the sunday people? i wouldn't even wipe my arse with it let alone read it.