Taylor 700k

Shut all doors in January, then think about selling maybe in the summer!

I can't see us going bust between now and May, so hold your horses TTA!!!

This january will show just how committed the owners actually are to gaining promotion versus making a tidy profit. (I'm not saying they haven't been great in the past!!! We owe TTA a LOT!)

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This january will show just how committed the owners actually are to gaining promotion versus making a tidy profit. (I'm not saying they haven't been great in the past!!! We owe TTA a LOT!)

I can understand your post, but I think to accuse them of 'making a tidy profit' is wrong and also insulting to the work that TTA have done for our club.

Selling Taylor would help keep the club on, at best, a self sufficient financial footing this season (perhaps some of next) and not a profit making exercise.

And I agree that we would all prefer the club to gamble 'till at the least the summer - but as I said Taylor could have a career wrecking injury in February and they'd get nothing.

So if a big enough offer came in that they thought would balance the books and give Shez enough to get another player in that could still do a job at this level - I would begrudgingly accept this.

I can understand your post, but I think to accuse them of 'making a tidy profit' is wrong and also insulting to the work that TTA have done for our club.

Selling Taylor would help keep the club on, at best, a self sufficient financial footing this season (perhaps some of next) and not a profit making exercise.

And I agree that we would all prefer the club to gamble 'till at the least the summer - but as I said Taylor could have a career wrecking injury in February and they'd get nothing.

So if a big enough offer came in that they thought would balance the books and give Shez enough to get another player in that could still do a job at this level - I would begrudgingly accept this.

That type of injury can happen at any time , even now so you can't worry about that.

We could sell him to a premier club and then loan him back until end of season !!

just heard from a girl i know at latics who has confirmed he is going. Id love to not belive her though apparently over a mill

I wouldnt be happy if he went, but if what you say is true and it is defo over 1 mill that I could accept. If we are losing 15k a week, then 1.2 mill would coverthat 15k a week loss for best part of 18 months (untill june 2010)

If we sold him for the 700k touted, I would not be happy in the slightest!!!

I wouldnt be happy if he went, but if what you say is true and it is defo over 1 mill that I could accept. If we are losing 15k a week, then 1.2 mill would coverthat 15k a week loss for best part of 18 months (untill june 2010)

one thing is for sure if we are going to sell him then the earlier in january the better, from a squad point of view its no good letting him go at the last minute on deadline day,

and if they do know if we are selling then we should have a ready made replacement lined up, the lad from stoke maybe.

the club needs to be wise about this decision on all fronts.

heres hoping he stays though.

Agreed, His price would surely increase - If he continued to have a good season more clubs would be interested, the risk of injury/bad half of season is minimal in comparsion to the benefit/further potential benefits of him staying for the remainder, his contract is long enough for us to still negotiate a good price - this is looking at it form a simplistic business point of view, as a fan I dont want him to go full stop

HOTLINE - Steve Coppell

BARCLAYS PREMIER LEAGUE

Reading boss Steve Coppell is ready to move for Oldham left-winger Kris Taylor - and that could prompt the sale of Stephen Hunt.

Latics will sell for about £700,000, with Sheffield United and Hull also interested.

If Coppell gets his man he could sell £6mrated Hunt, who is being tracked by Everton and Sunderland.

TTA have said they would only listen to silly offers and the need to sell wasn't imminent.

£700,000 is not exactly a silly offer as I think he's worth a fair bit more than that, the progress we have seen from last season to this is unbeleivable and he can get even better. If he continues his current form he could have 15/20 goals by May and as a goalscoring winger his value will have really shot up!!!

He's recently signed a new contract and we know that him and his Dad are Latics daft. I think it would have to be a ridiculous offer to prise him away.

Yes, he will have ambitions of playing at the highest level but while there is a chance that he could still do that at his hometown club, I think he will resist any offers from the Championship, however if a premier club came in that would be a different matter.

I say keep him till the end of the season, when if we haven't managed promotion we could still sell him, albeit for a much higher price!!

TTA have said they would only listen to silly offers and the need to sell wasn't imminent.

£700,000 is not exactly a silly offer as I think he's worth a fair bit more than that, the progress we have seen from last season to this is unbeleivable and he can get even better. If he continues his current form he could have 15/20 goals by May and as a goalscoring winger his value will have really shot up!!!

He's recently signed a new contract and we know that him and his Dad are Latics daft. I think it would have to be a ridiculous offer to prise him away.

Yes, he will have ambitions of playing at the highest level but while there is a chance that he could still do that at his hometown club, I think he will resist any offers from the Championship, however if a premier club came in that would be a different matter.

I say keep him till the end of the season, when if we haven't managed promotion we could still sell him, albeit for a much higher price!!

have heard that donny want him and are willing to let byfield come this way....shez has been after byfield for a while so maybe some truth to it..

yesterday in the mirror it said doncaster have agreed to sign hughes in january for a fee of 400 k!!!

i think if were in the top 3 after the christmas programme and still bagging goals it would be a diaster to let either or both of them go.....

have heard that donny want him and are willing to let byfield come this way....shez has been after byfield for a while so maybe some truth to it..

yesterday in the mirror it said doncaster have agreed to sign hughes in january for a fee of 400 k!!!

i think if were in the top 3 after the christmas programme and still bagging goals it would be a diaster to let either or both of them go.....

I agree with the last sentence, but I'd say £400k for a player with 6 months left on his contract is good business - and a lot more than I'd have thought he would fetch IF he does move on.

Guest oa_exile
.......but I'd say £400k for a player with 6 months left on his contract is good business

After the Porter saga I would be pretty sure that TTA would snap their hands off if he did not sign a new contract extension in Jan.

Edited by oa_exile