Taylor 700k

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Latics find themselves in the Championship, crowds will increase by around 1,000 I guess. Hardly a cash windfall to attract / retain the best talent.

If we got to the championship i think we would increase gates more than 1000.

There are some great local games that would attract a lot of away fans -

Burnley , Preston , Blackpool , Sheffield x 2 , Derby plus the premiership clubs that are relegated,

Tottenham and Newcastle will bring a few.

:blink:

You sure?

I highly doubt this - he was always a centre back, however as a new young player ina team with Dunne and Distin in it - he was pushed to right back.

I dont doubt that it may be his best position - however i'm sure everyone, including himself, expected him to become a fixture at CB at Citeh and potentialy England.

Which is where he was making the biggest strides and getting rave reviews. A Siddee supporting mate reckons that he's been nowhere near as effective at centre half.

Which is where he was making the biggest strides and getting rave reviews. A Siddee supporting mate reckons that he's been nowhere near as effective at centre half.

No doubt his positional mistakes are less apparent at full back than in the middle - you'd hope (apart from the benefit to City) that he would improve that part of his game wherever he plays. If he does that he's got the makings of an awesome CB IMO. That said, didn't he play on the left a few times recently?

Sheff Utd Hull and Reading battling it out over 700k rated Taylor. Id never enter BP again should we sell him for so little. Im not a huge fan, but his record of goals and assists is fantastic and hed definitely command a bigger fee in my eyes. Thats just 200k more than Trotman who had only played handful of games.

Sheff Utd Hull and Reading battling it out over 700k rated Taylor. Id never enter BP again should we sell him for so little. Im not a huge fan, but his record of goals and assists is fantastic and hed definitely command a bigger fee in my eyes. Thats just 200k more than Trotman who had only played handful of games.

http://www.owtb.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=18790

Oh God I feel a merge coming along :moderator:

I love all these 'I would never go to latics again if...." statements that are coming out now... I've read them in numerous contexts on various posts over the last few days....

The bottom line is this is a load of balls... we will all be annoyed, however that is the way of life... we are going to lose our best players unless we get promoted, we will then be angry on here.... then be back at BP the next week to see the next edition of the Oldham wondershow. :)

Whatever, sell him, dont sell him... its all gravy B)

I love all these 'I would never go to latics again if...." statements that are coming out now... I've read them in numerous contexts on various posts over the last few days....

The bottom line is this is a load of balls... we will all be annoyed, however that is the way of life... we are going to lose our best players unless we get promoted, we will then be angry on here.... then be back at BP the next week to see the next edition of the Oldham wondershow. :)

Whatever, sell him, dont sell him... its all gravy B)

So true.

He ran rings around Walsall tonight, the scouts will be impressed, sorry folks but I can't see us having him come February 1st. Although I'd definitely want £1mil + Add ons.

I want more. Crewe got over 2mil for Maynard. That is unrealistic and Crewe did very well there, but I definitely would want at least £1.5mil. He is a fantastic player. He is getting double and treble marked now, but it makes no difference, they still cant get the ball off him. And he is scoring goals too.

I dont know if a move would be good for him or us right now. Hes in the form of his life and has the chance to get to the championship with us, a move would unsettle him and would have a bad effect on the team too.

Promotion is worth more than any realistic price we would get for Tays in Jan, so lets keep him and if we dont go up let him move on in the summer if thats what he wants.

I

m sure he'd want the chance to become a club legend and get us promoted this season.

I dont know if a move would be good for him or us right now. Hes in the form of his life and has the chance to get to the championship with us, a move would unsettle him and would have a bad effect on the team too.

Promotion is worth more than any realistic price we would get for Tays in Jan, so lets keep him and if we dont go up let him move on in the summer if thats what he wants.

I

m sure he'd want the chance to become a club legend and get us promoted this season.

if he still carrys on like this until jan yes it would be hard to turn down a very good offer,but if were still in the top 5 it would be suicide to sell just to get the cash....and would in a lot of peoples eyes show a distinct lack of ambition by the owners....

im sure that if we go up he stays and makes midfield look good with scholes in it!!!

£1.5m minimum plus the add-ons

unfortunately they'll hav to sell at that ... we've got 2x £500k less from last year - trotter and everton AND the lower crowds - bigger wage bill - credit crunch

although they need promotion to allow the dream of the new development ... and Taylor if promoted and continues form is worth £3m in summer so surely worth TTA taking the risk - just need an unrealistic offer for Smalley and we're in clover

It would all depend on what the offer is at the end of the day.

Something silly, as in 1.5 mill guaranteed plus clauses, I dont think we would have a choice. But agree, if possible, do whatever possible to keep him until the end of the season, then if we dont achieve promotion, let the ad move onto the championship. Considering how much longer he is under contract for, I think we firmly hold the cards here.

Although I would not go as far as never going to boundary park again, if he went for anything less than a million I would be seething!!

However, Mr Hughes is out of contract in June and could walk for nothing. If an offer came in for him that was considered reasonable, I personally think TTA could accept.

Although I would not go as far as never going to boundary park again, if he went for anything less than a million I would be seething!!

And the first BP non-attender, who tut-tuts at his sale, gets a kick up the part of the anatomy that sits watching TV/teletext and gets wiped with the Chron. :ass1:

Interesting to see that he's causing interest with premiership clubs. What will he be worth to one of them?

Funny enough though the club I heard to be sniffing around him ... I sat near their scouts last night !!

Taylor to the premiership? Whats that I hear you cry.... no... nay..... Never!!!!!!!

P.S are the seats in the main stand designed for people under 5ft as I couldn't fit into the bloody things :mad:

£1.5m minimum plus the add-ons

unfortunately they'll hav to sell at that ... we've got 2x £500k less from last year - trotter and everton AND the lower crowds - bigger wage bill - credit crunch

although they need promotion to allow the dream of the new development ... and Taylor if promoted and continues form is worth £3m in summer so surely worth TTA taking the risk - just need an unrealistic offer for Smalley and we're in clover

Surely if we are in the top 3 at new year we will have realistic chance of going up.

Promotion would be worth far more that 1.5 or even 3 Mill.

If we don't go up in May then we can sell because he is still under contract.

Think he signed until 2011 ???

No need to panic sell in Jan surely TTA can wait.

Edited by losesome

Surely if we are in the top 3 at new year we will have realistic chance of going up.

Promotion would be worth far more that 1.5 or even 3 Mill.

If we don't go up in May then we can sell because he is still under contract.

Think he signed until 2011 ???

No need to panic sell in Jan surely TTA can wait.

I'd hope so. But Taylor could get injured and that could be that - TTA may not want to take a risk. That money could keep us in a good position for 2 years when money is going to be tight.

Would accpet it - if it happened. But would be grumpy for a while.