Taylor 700k

Correct. Some people still don't seem to understand that City no longer have to sell anybody they don't want to sell.

The only way Richards will leave Eastlands is if he wants away so badly that he becomes more trouble than he's worth. There is no evidence that this is the case, although that could conceivably change if they buy somebody who challenges for his place in the team.

Unless that happens we have had it as far as the sell-on clause is concerned. People ought to forget about it.

The thing is that it depends on how the new owners buy. If they go out and buy a couple of world class defenders in January and the close season, Micah could find himself on the bench regardless of how many games he's played for City so far. If that happens, he'll want out.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The thing is that it depends on how the new owners buy. If they go out and buy a couple of world class defenders in January and the close season, Micah could find himself on the bench regardless of how many games he's played for City so far. If that happens, he'll want out.

And lets face it, when you look at how many city have conceded this season, that is a very real possibility

If it was a prem club or a top championship club, dont think it would be unreasonable to ask for a 6 month loan till end of season.

I also think we should have a first option clause if they ever want to get rid or send him out on loan.

thats if we sell him of course.

i would hang on to taylor if poss as his value will ony rise as he matures,i would sell eardley and possibly craig davies and use the money to bring chris porter back,daily mirror says hes desperate for a move back to england in jan,porter and hughsey up front the championship beckons.

i would hang on to taylor if poss as his value will ony rise as he matures,i would sell eardley and possibly craig davies and use the money to bring chris porter back,daily mirror says hes desperate for a move back to england in jan,porter and hughsey up front the championship beckons.

Neeeeeeeeeever gonna happen

I am basing my Micah predictions on City signing a load of dross on vastly inflated pricesand wages, and continuing to be a big joke, rather than the cream of world football beating a path to the Big Top.

somehow cant see that happening either.

and who says that anyone will come in for eardley or davies. Think the very most we could hope to recoup for davies is the fee we paid for him.

I think the most we can hope for with Davies is a sell on clause.

I could see someone coming in for Eardley, but let's face it - any offer for any player will be considered. Any reasonable one will be accepted.

:laught16:

Ahh... thanks richard, I needed that one... ugh, a good laugh really brightens up your day...

I can imagine that conversation in the boardroom about that one....

AH: "Hey simon, remember that gangly one leg longer than the other gimp whom only scored when the ball bounced off his arse or the side of his head who screwed us over for about half a mil of transfer fees"

SC: "Err vaguely... Porter or something I seem to rememeber"

AH: "Well Shez has just asked for Half a million quid to sign him back... whadaya think"

SC: " :angry::rant.sml: :mrt: :rifle::censored::mad::excl::excl::rant.sml: "

AH: "Thought so..."

Edited by BigfinLatic

I am basing my Micah predictions on City signing a load of dross on vastly inflated pricesand wages, and continuing to be a big joke, rather than the cream of world football beating a path to the Big Top.

This is what you were saying at the time of the takeover though. Since then, the new owners have revealed themselves to be as unassuming, level-headed and ambitious as they've been in any other area of business they get involved in. These people do not fail. Neither is Mark Hughes a fool. They will make some big mistakes, but regardless of whether City become European champions, or even Premier League champions, they will not continue to be the abject underachievers they've been for the past 25 years, and will, sooner or later, attract more world class players.

When it comes to Richards, this means, as others have said, that everything depends on whether he can stomach serious competition for his place in the side, and how patient he is regarding Champions League football. We should remember that he will be under tremendous pressure to prove himself in what is seen to be a ongoing project, as opposed to doing a SWP and going off to be a bit-part player at one of the existing big four or abroad. We should also bear in mind that the asking price that has endlessly been referred to is pure speculation and is, in reality, going to be nowhere near the figures usually quoted, should he actually end up leaving City. He's a good player, but he isn't yet world class, and has proved very little so far.

When it comes to Richards, this means, as others have said, that everything depends on whether he can stomach serious competition for his place in the side, and how patient he is regarding Champions League football. We should remember that he will be under tremendous pressure to prove himself in what is seen to be a ongoing project, as opposed to doing a SWP and going off to be a bit-part player at one of the existing big four or abroad. We should also bear in mind that the asking price that has endlessly been referred to is pure speculation and is, in reality, going to be nowhere near the figures usually quoted, should he actually end up leaving City. He's a good player, but he isn't yet world class, and has proved very little so far.

I'd actually go a bit further than that, in saying, that well, he is a little bit :censored: ... he appears to have become the MOTD whipping boy, and Hansen and Lawro like nothing more than pointing out the fact that he is constantly out of position and just uses his strength and pace to compensate for these facts....

At the moment he is nothing like a top class centre half, and appears that the fact he is not the centre of attention of all things citeh is affecting him somewhat... at the moment, he is basically just Titus Bramble with a little more pace....

I hope he picks up... but he is nowhere near a £20m player at the moment...

I'd actually go a bit further than that, in saying, that well, he is a little bit :censored: ... he appears to have become the MOTD whipping boy, and Hansen and Lawro like nothing more than pointing out the fact that he is constantly out of position and just uses his strength and pace to compensate for these facts....

At the moment he is nothing like a top class centre half, and appears that the fact he is not the centre of attention of all things citeh is affecting him somewhat... at the moment, he is basically just Titus Bramble with a little more pace....

It's a fair enough point though, he makes some superb tackles but most of the time it's only because he gaffes to give away the opportunity in the first place.

He's like Stefan Stam really, but without the superb tackles.

Perhaps world class players will stop coming to the Greedy League with the proposed income tax increase.

When tarting their clients around Europe, agents always factor in the net pay when negotiating a deal.

In football's tits up totally bonkers finances, it could actually mean some of these guys earning more!!

Why would the money for Taylor drop significantly? He has a long contract and I can see clubs willing to pay good money for him in the summer. Risks to this?

1) Credit crunch. Not sure how much this will effect football fees now and in the summer. Its here now, so any deflationary impacts should already be felt.

2) Taylor's performance goes off during the Jan - May period. Possible, but unlikely I think. Genuinely good player at this level at least.

3) Injury. Genuine risk.

Given new owners at City cannot see Micah going anywhere unfortunately.

money would drop because we would still be in league 1,having not had any extra income form a cup run,with money still being lost every week due to fan base dwindleing and the owners desperate to bring in quick money to balance the books.....

he would be worth considerably more if we go up,as we would be very reluctant to let him go once we are a championship team,but if a very silly offer came in then approaching say 1.3 million i still think the club would sell.

If Latics find themselves in the Championship, crowds will increase by around 1,000 I guess. Hardly a cash windfall to attract / retain the best talent.

Eventually even a Latics loving Taylor will see a slightly increased contract with Oldham and an offer of 5 times that sum elsewhere.

If somebody offered to double my wage, let alone increase it by 400%, for doing the same job, loyalty loses and I'm off. I think Chris Taylor will realise he has to do the same and I would wish him luck.

I think there is a certain inevitability about us losing Taylor, whether its this season or next and whether we stay down or go up.

He is attracting alot of attention at the moment and rightly so, he has been outstanding this season.

I think even if we do go up someone is still going to come along and offer to at least double his wages, loyalty is one thing but he will eventually move on, hopefully to better things.

One thing is for sure he would never screw the club over as Porter did, when he eventually does move on Latics should get a good payday out of it.

To be fair to the lad his preferred position is at right full back, but he's been playing at centre half as Zabaletta (sp?) has made the RB spot his own.

To be fair to the lad his preferred position is at right full back, but he's been playing at centre half as Zabaletta (sp?) has made the RB spot his own.

...and reports are they are going in for Turner from the Hullards for £6M, which I suppose will probably be good news for my Fantasy Football if nothing else. Can Arsenal come in for Boaz Myhill as well - I'll be sorted then.

:blink:

You sure?

I highly doubt this - he was always a centre back, however as a new young player ina team with Dunne and Distin in it - he was pushed to right back.

I dont doubt that it may be his best position - however i'm sure everyone, including himself, expected him to become a fixture at CB at Citeh and potentialy England.

Whats to say Arsenal dont make a cheeky bid for him?

With the Gallas saga who knows what the future holds, and Arsenals play would suit Micah, and they do need more English players!

Edited by Beardy