Taylor 700k

promotion is not gaurenteed though is it..and 700k would be....

i want to get out of this :censored:ty league as much as the next player...but if we continue to be hit and miss for the rest of the season we wont go up and the money offered for a player like taylor next season would drop significantly......

at the moment there rumours..let them put there money were there mouths are and see a concrete offer......if they offer 700k hold out for a million plus incentives,if he goes we cash in if he stays we are still quids in....

lets hope city sell richards in jan then we wont need to sell.

Why would the money for Taylor drop significantly? He has a long contract and I can see clubs willing to pay good money for him in the summer. Risks to this?

1) Credit crunch. Not sure how much this will effect football fees now and in the summer. Its here now, so any deflationary impacts should already be felt.

2) Taylor's performance goes off during the Jan - May period. Possible, but unlikely I think. Genuinely good player at this level at least.

3) Injury. Genuine risk.

Given new owners at City cannot see Micah going anywhere unfortunately.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i want to get out of this :censored:ty league as much as the next player...but if we continue to be hit and miss for the rest of the season we wont go up and the money offered for a player like taylor next season would drop significantly......

I'm not looking to 'out' you, but give us a clue. What position do you play?

I have heard a rumour that Taylor is going in Jan as the TTA need the cash. From what Ive heard Taylor doesnt want to leave and is gutted that it is looking like a done deal. Like I say its only a rumour and not sure how reliable the source is so Im just passing on what I have heard.

I have heard a rumour that Taylor is going in Jan as the TTA need the cash. From what Ive heard Taylor doesnt want to leave and is gutted that it is looking like a done deal. Like I say its only a rumour and not sure how reliable the source is so Im just passing on what I have heard.

Well at the end of the day it's he who gets the final decision. If he doesn't want to go he will just reject the move and that's the reason I think he will be here till at least the end of this season. He loves playing for the club and it would take something special for him to leave, especially when we look like we have a chance of promotion.

Well at the end of the day it's he who gets the final decision. If he doesn't want to go he will just reject the move and that's the reason I think he will be here till at least the end of this season. He loves playing for the club and it would take something special for him to leave, especially when we look like we have a chance of promotion.

Perhaps the fact that he does love the club will mean he does go though - if he's told that with the money we get from him we can maintain cash flow, and sign a reasonalble replacement to still give promotion a chance, then he might think its for the best.

Especially if there is a huge payrise, signing on fee and the chance to play at a higher level on offer as well.

Neal Trottman was reportedly in tears at the prospect of leaving the club but was told it was in the clubs best intrests to leave.

Perhaps the fact that he does love the club will mean he does go though - if he's told that with the money we get from him we can maintain cash flow, and sign a reasonalble replacement to still give promotion a chance, then he might think its for the best.

Especially if there is a huge payrise, signing on fee and the chance to play at a higher level on offer as well.

As Reading see him as a replacement for Hunt who they will then apparently sell for £5/£6 million,then where will we get the £5/£6 million to buy a reasonable replacement for Chris?

HOTLINE - Steve Coppell

BARCLAYS PREMIER LEAGUE

Reading boss Steve Coppell is ready to move for Hereford left-winger Kris Taylor - and that could prompt the sale of Stephen Hunt.

Latics will sell for about £700,000, with Sheffield United and Hull also interested.

If Coppell gets his man he could sell £6mrated Hunt, who is being tracked by Everton and Sunderland.

That's more like it.

As I said, rubbish reporting from rubbish news rag! :grin:

as was said earlier, we are currently losing in the region of 12-15k a week.

800k equates to approx £15,384 a week for the next 12 months.

I think an offer in the region of 1 mill - 1.2 mill would cover the losses for 12-15 months (800k) and give us a bit of money to sign an adequate replacement (400k). I dont think that is an offer TTA could and would say no to, although I would be gutted to see him go.

Although I would be far more concerned about losing hughes in Jan. As he is out of contract in june, if a championship club makes an offer, regardless whether he is key to promotion or not, I think TTA will accept.

Given new owners at City cannot see Micah going anywhere unfortunately.

Correct. Some people still don't seem to understand that City no longer have to sell anybody they don't want to sell.

The only way Richards will leave Eastlands is if he wants away so badly that he becomes more trouble than he's worth. There is no evidence that this is the case, although that could conceivably change if they buy somebody who challenges for his place in the team.

Unless that happens we have had it as far as the sell-on clause is concerned. People ought to forget about it.

Edited by Corporal_Jones

as was said earlier, we are currently losing in the region of 12-15k a week.

800k equates to approx £15,384 a week for the next 12 months.

I think an offer in the region of 1 mill - 1.2 mill would cover the losses for 12-15 months (800k) and give us a bit of money to sign an adequate replacement (400k). I dont think that is an offer TTA could and would say no to, although I would be gutted to see him go.

Although I would be far more concerned about losing hughes in Jan. As he is out of contract in june, if a championship club makes an offer, regardless whether he is key to promotion or not, I think TTA will accept.

I'd be very suprised if we get anything like £1M+ for Taylor, obviously I hope we do but I just can't see it. Also I doubt we will be spending any of the money from him in terms of a fee for a replacement. My guess is it will be used to service the clubs currents debts, and in truth that's probably the sensible thing to do in the current climate.

I'd be very suprised if we get anything like £1M+ for Taylor, obviously I hope we do but I just can't see it. Also I doubt we will be spending any of the money from him in terms of a fee for a replacement. My guess is it will be used to service the clubs currents debts, and in truth that's probably the sensible thing to do in the current climate.

I think it depends on how desparately we need the cash.

Bottom line is he is under contract untill 2010, he is happy at Oldham, and I would wager a large amount that he would extend his contract if offered the chance to. Hence we hold all the cards, and he will go for whatever TTA say he can go for.

Although assuming we are losing in the region of 15k a week, an offer of 800k would no doubt cover the losses for the next 12 months and provide us with some serious financial leeway.

Does anyone know how much blackpool offered?

Correct. Some people still don't seem to understand that City no longer have to sell anybody they don't want to sell.

The only way Richards will leave Eastlands is if he wants away so badly that he becomes more trouble than he's worth. There is no evidence that this is the case, although that could conceivably change if they buy somebody who challenges for his place in the team.

Unless that happens we have had it as far as the sell-on clause is concerned. People ought to forget about it.

Only Joe Hart and Stephen Ireland have made more league appearances than Micah Richards this season. Although he isnt getting much of a look in under Fabio Capello, and I wonder how much longer he is willing to wait to get champions league footy under his belt.

Cant see utd making an offer now as this Rafael looks pretty tasty and a decent replacement for Neville, but if Arsenal came in with an offer of 16 mill, and he said he wanted to go. Would be very interesting.

Wouldnt accept less than 1m for him personally although if we do sell in Jan how about asking to keep him til the end of the season to help with our promotion push, also giving us a few months to look for a replacement next season?

If it was a prem club or a top championship club, dont think it would be unreasonable to ask for a 6 month loan till end of season.

I also think we should have a first option clause if they ever want to get rid or send him out on loan.

thats if we sell him of course.

Only Joe Hart and Stephen Ireland have made more league appearances than Micah Richards this season. Although he isnt getting much of a look in under Fabio Capello, and I wonder how much longer he is willing to wait to get champions league footy under his belt.

Cant see utd making an offer now as this Rafael looks pretty tasty and a decent replacement for Neville, but if Arsenal came in with an offer of 16 mill, and he said he wanted to go. Would be very interesting.

Given the money at City, I think it would put most/all clubs off coming in and making any sort of bid for a first team player for the fear of silly money being offered. Micah leaving is now down to City finding him surplus to requirements (sign a better player) OR after another season City still are failing to look like getting into the Champions Laague.

As for Taylor - I'd hope that his committment to the club and length of contract would mean that we are in a position to haggle a price that is on the inflated side (a rare thing for Athletic). £750k + additional benefits would be a minimum that I'd be happy with.

Given the money at City, I think it would put most/all clubs off coming in and making any sort of bid for a first team player for the fear of silly money being offered. Micah leaving is now down to City finding him surplus to requirements (sign a better player) OR after another season City still are failing to look like getting into the Champions Laague.

As for Taylor - I'd hope that his committment to the club and length of contract would mean that we are in a position to haggle a price that is on the inflated side (a rare thing for Athletic). £750k + additional benefits would be a minimum that I'd be happy with.

Id say either 1.2 mill plus first option if they ever want to send him out on loan or get rid, and considering how long he is under contract for, i think a top championship club may be willing to pay that.

If he was out of contract in 12 months then I would say 700k would be a fair price, but theres another two transfer windows before he could walk away.

Plus, 1.2 mill would cover the losses for the next 80 weeks (just over 18 months) assuming the club are losing 15k a week, and may allow us to sustain the current wage budget for another season if we stay down, and give shez or whoever is in charge for 2009/2010 a wage budget that will give us another crack at promotion