Bertrand to Norwich

prob more gutted about this than KK.... experince a relegation battle in the Champ, or promotion battle in league 1... oh well, bet he had no say in it, and sure it will toughen him up and put him in the Championship shop window...

We can sign him when we get promoted!

Money Grabber. Booooooooo! I hate you Ryan!........

Nope? Thought not.

Good move for him. Two stints in League 1 on loan with Latics and Bournemouth. Done well in both, so deserves a chance to show what he's capable of in the Championship. Even if they are relegation fodder at the minute. :grin:

Maybe they could, but im not holding my breath....

I think we got screwed on that deal...

I don't think we did. We got 150k for a developing player who may turn into a top talent and as part of the deal Chelsea agreed to look favourably upon any loan proposals. That doesn't mean they have to say yes every time. They too must consider the development of their own players.

Edited by RoytonBlueLad

It was always on the cards.

Lets see how Lomax shapes with a run in the team, and dont forget young Paul Black is waiting in the wings, also Chris Taylor showed he could do a good job there.

other positions are priorities for me.

Money Grabber. Booooooooo! I hate you Ryan!........

Nope? Thought not.

Good move for him. Two stints in League 1 on loan with Latics and Bournemouth. Done well in both, so deserves a chance to show what he's capable of in the Championship. Even if they are relegation fodder at the minute. :grin:

Absolutely. We helped his career along and this is how he thanks us?? How dare he string us along for weeks knowing he'll leave us for what he percieves as bigger and better yadda yadda yadda.

Best of luck to Bertrand. Whilst I was quite a doubter of his in his first few weeks, he settled into it well and looks a great prospect. Looks like Lomax may get a run in the side now.

I don't think we did. We got 150k for a developing player who may turn into a top talent and as part of the deal Chelsea agreed to look favourably upon any loan proposals. That doesn't mean they have to say yes every time. They too must consider the development of their own players.

I wasnt aware we got 150k ???

Absolutely. We helped his career along and this is how he thanks us?? How dare he string us along for weeks knowing he'll leave us for what he percieves as bigger and better yadda yadda yadda.

Best of luck to Bertrand. Whilst I was quite a doubter of his in his first few weeks, he settled into it well and looks a great prospect. Looks like Lomax may get a run in the side now.

Your working of the asumption he had made his mind up weeks ago which might not actually be true..... I think the Leeds offer was only submited after he destroyed them on new years day...

Your working of the asumption he had made his mind up weeks ago which might not actually be true..... I think the Leeds offer was only submited after he destroyed them on new years day...

I perhaps may have been best pointing out that was extreme sarcasm given the treatment people were dishing to Kilkenny after they found out. It's meant to show the hypocrasy that some Latics fans are suffering with considering Berty's done just about the same thing as Kilkenny.

Guest oa_exile
Any chance we can get Simon Charlton back?! Could do with a left-back definately, wouldn't risk Stammy there, perhaps John Thompson could come in and make the position his own?

Charlton has retired mate , after leaving us he failed to get another club and called it a day.

I perhaps may have been best pointing out that was extreme sarcasm given the treatment people were dishing to Kilkenny after they found out. It's meant to show the hypocrasy that some Latics fans are suffering with considering Berty's done just about the same thing as Kilkenny.

My only gripe with Kilkenny is that it's Leeds he's gone to, which is something that obviously, and fair enough, means nothing to him.