Bertrand to Norwich

Guest oa_exile
Stick Kelvin in there he's done well in the past at left back.

Agree 100% give the lad a chance to make the LB spot his own ! as RBL has said The Boy did good there last time he had a run.

Maybe they can loan us someone else.

Loans are exactly what they mean......they are temporary. In the cases of Kilkenny and Bertrand we have had two Championship level players for half a season and if they did well they were almost certainly going to leave us for bigger clubs, especially Kilkenny.

We've now had arguably our two best players ripped from our grasp at the most critical part of the season and probably our chance of promotion this season.

Why didn't we try to buy Kilkenny earlier when we offloaded Ricketts?

We knew what he could do from when he was here before and surely it was worth a gamble.

Short term loans are OK to cover for injuries but long term loans if you ask me me are a waste of time...you might as well throw in your younger players like Black and Lomax and gain in the long term from their early development.

This is now a big chance for the likes of Thompson, Kalala, Allesandra and Wolfenden to show us that they've got what it takes.

I perhaps may have been best pointing out that was extreme sarcasm given the treatment people were dishing to Kilkenny after they found out. It's meant to show the hypocrasy that some Latics fans are suffering with considering Berty's done just about the same thing as Kilkenny.

Jamie, how the :censored: is what Berty's done the same thing as Kilkenny?

Bertrand is still a Chelsea player and one who they are trying to develop by sending him on loan to a club in a higher division than us. At the end of his loan with Norwich it's highly likely he'll go bck to Chelsea to continue his education and maybe try and break into the first team.

Kilkenny is not wanted at Brum and has gone to Leeds on loan until a perm deal can be sorted.

Talk about twisting facts to suit you argument?!

You can buy players whenever you like, they just don't move until the window opens.

less to do with that and more to do with who was the manager - bruce wanted a million for him at the start of the season, then McLiesh comes in and wants a clear out... without this we wouldnt have even been in the same league to buy him, neither would have leeds or Donny... the clear out has meant every damn team in our league can afford him.... and there is bigger fish than us, irrespective of whether he is wearing our shirt or not....

We didnt try and buy him before as we simply couldnt afford him - simple as that, we put in our best bid when he was available and he went elsewhere...

Edited by BigfinLatic

Loans are exactly what they mean......they are temporary. In the cases of Kilkenny and Bertrand we have had two Championship level players for half a season and if they did well they were almost certainly going to leave us for bigger clubs, especially Kilkenny.

Is that right? what are Leeds doin then?

Please stop this Bertrand couldnt pass water. He was so over rated, when under pressure his passing was clumsy at best.

are you having a giraffe?? you sound/write like most of the 'experts' at the start of the season, writing bertrand off after 5 games!!!!

Fact: without any replacements for BOTH Berty and KK, we'll be a weaker side!!!

Though i'm really looking forward to seeing our own youngsters test their metal, over the next couple of games.

It is only a loan deal at Norwich for Berty, so he'll go back to Chelski at the end of the season. I believe that Chelsea have given him an extended contract, so it makes sense to let him go to a bigger club, but not a top club such as WBA or Watford. They're building him gradually; makes sense.

So, who to fill the left back slot? For me, it's got to be Kelvin Lomax. He won't let us down he'll give his all and lets the likes of Stammy and Taylor play in their normal positions.

Is that right? what are Leeds doin then?

The loan deal is so he can play against Northampton...he'll sign permanently within the next few days.

Leeds are just working the system.

are you having a giraffe?? you sound/write like most of the 'experts' at the start of the season, writing bertrand off after 5 games!!!!

Fact: without any replacements for BOTH Berty and KK, we'll be a weaker side!!!

Though i'm really looking forward to seeing our own youngsters test their metal, over the next couple of games.

Lol....this "expert" :wink: gave it 11 games before being concerned. Remarkably though, Donny away in the JPT was his last bad game. Since then, he was superb. However, for me although I'm gutted he's gone, I rate Lomax very highly and am glad he's going to finally get a decent run in the side. The Times (or was it the Independant?) gave KL the MOTM for yesterday. Good luck to Bert!

Gutted he didn't return to us as he seemed to be keen on coming back and Shez wanted him to return, however, you have to think Chelsea believe he will develop better at the Championship level over the remainder of this season. And given the fact Norwich are in a relegation dog-fight means he'll get plenty of involvement.

I see he made his debut yesterday v Bury, so you have to wonder how long this deal was arranged beforehand as Chelsea refused us permission to play him - Also, theres another side with Ex-latics involvement, as well as Ben Futcher in Bury's defence, Norwich had Lee Croft and now Bertrand in their ranks!