marketing ideas

since jarvis left i cant think of any marketing ploys. how about a £5 voucher on sat to be spent anywhere at the club, that means floating fans could go to the carlisle game from upwards of £9 and season ticket holders could spend some money in the shop or put it towards away tickets or coach travel?

Edited by daznathe

Two games last season were £2 a pop and we couldn't fill the home stands.

The "match day experience" has to win the tourists over, decent atmosphere, singing, goals, thundering tackles, not running out of food or beer and general positivity will get people to want to come back and spend money at BP.

Two games last season were £2 a pop and we couldn't fill the home stands.

The "match day experience" has to win the tourists over, decent atmosphere, singing, goals, thundering tackles, not running out of food or beer and general positivity will get people to want to come back and spend money at BP.

Indeed. A cup run should be marketing in it's own right, not a cause for more giveaways. If we go through I could see a case for giving people who attend the forthcoming league games some priority for the 5th round though. If we get a big side at BP tickets would be like rocking horse doo-dah, that might motivate a few thousand of the randoms to show their faces.

IF we do get through and get a decent tie and that is a big IF then we should have vouchers in the programmes for non-season ticket holders. No ideal solution as people who have been to every home game since 1973..etc.. may end up without a ticket but as long as the cash goes to the club.

IF we do get through and get a decent tie and that is a big IF then we should have vouchers in the programmes for non-season ticket holders. No ideal solution as people who have been to every home game since 1973..etc.. may end up without a ticket but as long as the cash goes to the club.

People panicing over tickets already and we haven't even played the game yet.

Said it for years and sick of saying it...

A board up the top of Sheepfoot Lane and one out on Broadway advertising for the club. Advertising the game, sponsors names on it etc etc etc. I've heard so called problems with practicalities on it before but it doesn't wash. There's surely some way of getting our next game advertised around the ground so that apathetic Latics followers and maybe even the red and sky blue scum might see a game they fancy (with the boards stating "watch Latics from as little as £14 for adults and £x for kids...whatever it is) and warm the interest.

Edited by boundaryblue80

As a season ticket holder I am disgusted that the club hasn't already allocated me my Cup Final ticket and sent me the catalogue of Scandanavian fluffers for me to pick the one to amuse me at half time.

Take yer pick...

http://www.ikea.com/ms/en_CA/rooms_ideas/q...2006/index.html

I've a crazy idea for marketing, how about we sign some decent players during the transfer window and improve our tactics so that we might win a few games at home.

It's a wild idea I know, but it might just work.

Can't argue with that. Success on the field is the only sure way to increase attendance. Free pies, vouchers posters etc etc are of very limited effect and may lose the club money. A win on Saturday (or draw & win replay maybe even better) is vital

Said it for years and sick of saying it...

A board up the top of Sheepfoot Lane and one out on Broadway advertising for the club. Advertising the game, sponsors names on it etc etc etc. I've heard so called problems with practicalities on it before but it doesn't wash. There's surely some way of getting our next game advertised around the ground so that apathetic Latics followers and maybe even the red and sky blue scum might see a game they fancy (with the boards stating "watch Latics from as little as £14 for adults and £x for kids...whatever it is) and warm the interest.

I agree, the club really isn't sold enough, if you didn't buy a chron or looked on the website you wouldn't know the club existed at all!

Get some people in town/Chadderton/Royton on a saturday morning promoting the game, get some posters up. Use that chron kiosk next to the old bus station and get some tickets sold!

How much would something like that cost? The price of a coach/mini bus/car to Gillingham? And how much would be made? I'm sure it would be a lot more and if they moan about getting to the ground then we've got the trust mini bus to ferry fans to the ground for free if they buy a ticket.

why is it that when i come along the M60/62 there are no signs showing the way to our ground yet go up the m6/65 and theres signs for preston blackburn and burnley .think thr idea of a sign on or around broadway would be a greatt idea how about one of those side of a trailer things in a field next to the m62 at jn21.

Sign a class midfielder with bags of charisma who will capture the publics imagination.

Oh, I forgot we tried that in 1960 and Bobby Johnstone added 12,000 to the average gate in his first match.

What's Jay Jay Okotcha doing these days ?

Any suggestions ?

Edited by BP1960

I've a crazy idea for marketing, how about we sign some decent players during the transfer window and improve our tactics so that we might win a few games at home.

It's a wild idea I know, but it might just work.

How about I buy the rest of your ST for the remainder of the season off you and give it to someone who might not be able to get to many games due to Finances, who will encourage and be positiveto fellow fans and players?

Some great ideas here - somebody refer Mr Hardy to this thread!

How about an ongoing scheme whereby a ticket stub from the previous home game (THE previous game not any previous game) gets you £2/3 off a ticket for the next game. I think its the continuity of going to games and getting familiar with the players etc which gives/rekindles the 'bug'. Maybe this small incentive would put a few more on the gate long term??