Football hooliganism

No Police presence?

What about the woman on the white horse? An absolute marvel to watch.

PW: Stop there you.

Random bad lad: Okay. (Hold on this is a crowd and you are on a horse, I'll leg it)

Random bad lad legs it.

PW: (Semi gallopping through a crowd) Stop, stop, freeze.

Bad lad runs away, Police woman gallops to colleagues who are p*ss*ng themselves.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I went to drown my sorrows in The White Hart after the game and sat chatting to a number of Udders fans who were a decent bunch.

As has been said, all clubs have this element, but by enlarge (thankfully) most of us are the same we enjoy a pint or two and want to get home in one peice. I'm afraid that high profile local derby games like this are always likely to see a bit of this type of thing, and for me it's up to the Police to see that in and around the ground things go off peacefully, so that those who want to just enjoy the game can.

I was walking behind the Rochdale Road end straight after the final whistle as the girlfriend wanted to buy a hat for her dad at the club shop. Looked very tense in a standoff between police and Huddersfield fans as they all had the coshes out and looked like they were lashing out indescriminately. I say this because an Udders fan with a broken foot hobbling around on crutches was one of the lads who got hit which looked bang out of order.

So, it seems most of the police were busy chasing random Huddersfield fans around directly outside the away end, and not further up Sheepfoot Lane where evidently the major aggro was.

God, I felt like Danny "gawd, I'm nawty" Dyer at one point.

No Police presence?

What about the woman on the white horse? An absolute marvel to watch.

PW: Stop there you.

Random bad lad: Okay. (Hold on this is a crowd and you are on a horse, I'll leg it)

Random bad lad legs it.

PW: (Semi gallopping through a crowd) Stop, stop, freeze.

Bad lad runs away, Police woman gallops to colleagues who are p*ss*ng themselves.

Seen a very similar thing in the past. WPC on horse as it's all going off "stop being childish!".

:lol:

Problem lies here with bad policing. A few huddersfield fans thought it would be funny to run into the litten tree and start a fight with 4 oldham fans.... at this point (about 1ish) the police should have thought ummm we had better not let both sets of fans out at the same time.... i said this after we played udders last season at home. both sets of fans lower looker(who have the banter) and are usually alcohol fuelled (as the lookers is the only drinknin area) and the rochdale rd end (again a drinkin area) both being let out of the ground at the same time and heading towards each other! Dont take the brain of brittain to work out what will likely happen!!

Edited by Davros

i think you were either very naive or very silly to assure your wife there would be no trouble, there is always trouble oldham huddersfield so why should an eagerly anticipated fa cup match with a larger than normal crowd suddenly be peaceful?

Always trouble Oldham v Udders? I have watched Oldham v Hudds many a long year mate and thats the first fighting I have ever seen. Not saying it doesn't happen but surely the police should have had it wrapped up so close to ground where kids and women were. Knob.

KOTK

Always trouble Oldham v Udders? I have watched Oldham v Hudds many a long year mate and thats the first fighting I have ever seen. Not saying it doesn't happen but surely the police should have had it wrapped up so close to ground where kids and women were. Knob.

KOTK

thats why they should keep em in for 10-15mins,purely for the safety of the innocent fans.

the elemewnt of fighting between Tics and yorkshire clubs is rife, my first taste of idiocrasy was the famous Terry Curran of Sheff wed being sent of in 81 them running onto the pitch.. i was only 9 at the time but always remember it kicking off against barnsley home and away always as a young lad growing up saw that in the early eighties they were idiots.. . never a dull moment againt sheff wed or sheff utd, etc - thats without mentioning leeds etc

so its a yorkshire thing mainly and this is comiong back again, dont understand it personally but if that what makes people tick then leave em to it, personally id ban the f in lot of em.

KOTK

i think your inablity not to personally insult me highlights the fact that your brain is slow and therefore you should not go around assuring people of things that most normal people accept may happen.

Guest oa_exile
i think your inablity not to personally insult me highlights the fact that your brain is slow and therefore you should not go around assuring people of things that most normal people accept may happen.

Okay, we've warned you.

This was dealt with last night.

I remember as a kid it happened on a few occasions. Think First Div/Prem days when the paddock was sometimes split.

Would it not cause a bit of arseache for those whose car on the club carpark? ie Getting blocked in by away supporters cars etc?

I suppose that would still give the majority of 'foot traffic' a chance to be away from the ground though.

Would it not cause a bit of arseache for those whose car on the club carpark? ie Getting blocked in by away supporters cars etc?

I suppose that would still give the majority of 'foot traffic' a chance to be away from the ground though.

Or split the car park into home and away areas isn't too difficult.

Thankfully the majority of Udders fans stopped to celebrate long enough for me to make a quick getaway and beat them to the M62 or I could have been quite a while on Saturday.

Fan's fury!

Jan 29 2008 by Andrew Hirst, Huddersfield Daily Examiner

FANS’ FURY!

A HUDDERSFIELD Town fan has accused police of heavy-handed tactics after his team’s FA Cup victory at Oldham.

John McLaren also says police should have stopped Oldham supporters from reaching Town fans in the car park at the Boundary Park ground on Saturday after Town knocked Oldham Athletic out of the cup by beating them 1-0.

The 39-year-old engineer from Waterloo was at the game with son Daniel, aged 12, and his friends, brothers Ryan and Jason Oakes – who are both in their early teens – along with one of John’s friends, Andrew Goody.

John said: “As soon as we came out of the ground after the game we could see the Oldham fans in the car park coming towards us.

“I told the kids to stay close as I could sense trouble.’’

But he said the police were aggressive towards Town fans, forcing them on to a double-decker bus to take them to the station – even though some had come in cars.

John said: “They were pushing Town fans around. I told them we were in a car and had to show them my car keys. Even then an officer insisted on going to the car with us and warned me that if I didn’t have a car I’d be locked up.”

John said he saw an Oldham fan throw a punch at the Town fans, which led to a charge by police horses. At least one supporter was knocked over in the melee.

“They didn’t care about Town fans at all,” said John.

He added that said some Oldham fans were throwing missiles at Town supporters from a nearby building.

Greater Manchester Police failed to provide a comment about the allegations.

Fan's fury!

Jan 29 2008 by Andrew Hirst, Huddersfield Daily Examiner

FANS’ FURY!

A HUDDERSFIELD Town fan has accused police of heavy-handed tactics after his team’s FA Cup victory at Oldham.

John McLaren also says police should have stopped Oldham supporters from reaching Town fans in the car park at the Boundary Park ground on Saturday after Town knocked Oldham Athletic out of the cup by beating them 1-0.

The 39-year-old engineer from Waterloo was at the game with son Daniel, aged 12, and his friends, brothers Ryan and Jason Oakes – who are both in their early teens – along with one of John’s friends, Andrew Goody.

John said: “As soon as we came out of the ground after the game we could see the Oldham fans in the car park coming towards us.

“I told the kids to stay close as I could sense trouble.’’

But he said the police were aggressive towards Town fans, forcing them on to a double-decker bus to take them to the station – even though some had come in cars.

John said: “They were pushing Town fans around. I told them we were in a car and had to show them my car keys. Even then an officer insisted on going to the car with us and warned me that if I didn’t have a car I’d be locked up.”

John said he saw an Oldham fan throw a punch at the Town fans, which led to a charge by police horses. At least one supporter was knocked over in the melee.

“They didn’t care about Town fans at all,” said John.

He added that said some Oldham fans were throwing missiles at Town supporters from a nearby building.

Greater Manchester Police failed to provide a comment about the allegations.

Sounds very much like what happens to our fans when we go over the hill

end of the day, it's part of football and will never go away.

if people don't want to get caught up in it all with there kids, don't take them. Simple.

What kind of stupid comment is that, if people don't take there kids then there will be no future fans for the club. Also why should people stay away just because the idiots amongst us want to fight.

Take it you have no kids then, i would even hazard a guess that your not even out of school yet. That has got to be one of the most stupid post's i have ever seen.

Why should the normal law abiding amongst us have to be caught up in the mindless violence, when all they have come for is to watch a football game with there children.

Edited by AMO