Gregan to be paid off?

Has this been mentioned on here yet?

Heard this from a few sources now and to be honest I am not surprised if not a little disappointed (money wise) .

Is he making way for a striker? (Wages)

the first time i heard it was 2 weeks after his injury,someone said he was earning too much to be sat on the sidelines and the club needed the money for other things.

however since christmas its been greegs injury worries are easing and he should be training soon,last i heard he was due to start running down at chapel road this week.i think if he was to be paid off the club would have mentioned it,seeing as he is still club captain

Sorry Kyle utter tosh imho simply can't afford to pay off another with 18 months to go. Wouldn't release money would it? Shez has mentioned how he has missed experience

Strange things are happening around the club these days,

I got this from a very good source and I honestly think within the next 14 days something will be sorted, as I don’t think it will drag on until the end of the season.

Maybe he's set to be our new physiotherapist lol :grin:

Strange things are happening around the club these days,

I got this from a very good source and I honestly think within the next 14 days something will be sorted, as I don’t think it will drag on until the end of the season.

Maybe he's set to be our new physiotherapist lol :grin:

Rumour first started before Trotman went. Less likely now.

Has this been mentioned on here yet?

Heard this from a few sources now and to be honest I am not surprised if not a little disappointed (money wise) .

Is he making way for a striker? (Wages)

Yeah lets pay off our captain and best defender, who we pulled out all the stops to sign 13 months ago, at the end of a 4 month lay off...... :unsure:

Yeah lets pay off our captain and best defender, who we pulled out all the stops to sign 13 months ago, at the end of a 4 month lay off...... :unsure:

Personally don't think he sets a good example to our youngsters with his attitude and certainly don't think he would walk back into our back four.

Personally don't think he sets a good example to our youngsters with his attitude and certainly don't think he would walk back into our back four.

No, he's not going to walk back in to the back four, but it's only a matter of time before one of our centre backs get injured. I know LIvermore can cover for now, but it's just our luck for both centre backs to be out at the same time. It will be weeks before he's fit though.

I like his attitude. I know what you mean but in many ways he has earned what you are refering to and has the ability to back it up. However you're right he wont walk back into our back four, he will strut into it. :wink:

When Gregan is fit he will be straight back into the team.

He is what we desperately need in the team at the moment, someone who takes charge and talks on the pitch, we need a leader on the pitch (which Eardley certainly is not).

I agree he shouldn't hound the younger players but encourage them as well, the younger players do and will respond to his leadership, he is a very experienced old pro who the younger players could learn a lot from.

I personally can't wait for him to comeback and as for him being paid off, that would leave us unbelievably short at centre half with basically just injury prone Stam and then Hazell, from what we've seen of Thompson so far I don't think I like the idea of him even as just cover and then of course the kids, so I don't think he will be being paid off anytime soon.

Edited by Hometownclub

The odd thing that says this isn't going to happen.

If he was seriously injured he wouldn't take a pay off as there would be no chance of finding a further club and earning any more money.

If he was seriously injured we wouldn't offer a pay off as we have insurance to cover us in this eventuality.

If he is able to recover to anything near his past he'll be in the first team.

Edited by OldhamSheridan

cant see it myself but i cant understand why he should 'walk' back into and disrupt one of the best defences in the division. maybe shez will do a capello and sit him in front of the back four? but how many teams have the captain on the bench? decisions decisions.

One thing we are lacking in defence is a talker, and someone who marshalls them well. Yes, we're not doing too bad in defence but they still provide enough 'touching cloth' moments every game. And let's be honest, if it wasn't for Crossley in the last few matches we'd have shipped in a lot more.

I'd imagine Hazell will be the sacrificial lamb due to being on the right side, even though it should be Stam.

One thing we are lacking in defence is a talker, and someone who marshalls them well. Yes, we're not doing too bad in defence but they still provide enough 'touching cloth' moments every game. And let's be honest, if it wasn't for Crossley in the last few matches we'd have shipped in a lot more.

I'd imagine Hazell will be the sacrificial lamb due to being on the right side, even though it should be Stam.

:blink:

Err.. do we not rememeber Gregan playing with the right sided Haining for all last season.... and with the right sided Hazell himself for a good few games this season.... which is excatly when our form turned round...

Gregan is left sided (but right footed - following the Shez tradition!)... and Mr Stam will be out like a shot as soon as big G gets back.... for me the best CB pairing we have seen all season was gregan and Hazell.... Stammy is awful away from home, and Shez will get gregan in again the second he is fit....

... he aint being paid off by the way... thats chinese whispers gone wrong..... :wink:

I called in at BP on the way down to Bristol t'other week. Gregan was there laughing a joking with the staff and looked incredibly lean. There wasn't an ounce of fat on him (even his arse) and he looks in really good shape.

As has been said, it would be a massive surprise if he were to be paid off. Shez has been desperate to get him back in the side as he loves a talker in the defence and demands that of all his players. I know that upsets some of our delicate fans but football is a man's game and so what if the guy dishes out rollockings? Gregan has vast experience and has achieved much at a higher level and is still one of the best centre backs in the League. He's also Club Captain and respected by the squad. I can never understand why some criticise him for doing the job that is demanded of him by his Manager.

Hazell and Gregan for me.

What were you looking at his arse for?

Most of our fans seem to spend a lot of time looking at it since they regularly comment on its size.

I've always been a sheep so I had a quick peek (just for the craic <_< ) and it looked exactly as you would expect a footballer's arse to look. I'm not gay - honest (although I gave Brighton a miss to avoid temptation). :unsure:

:)

I first raised this a few weeks ago - rumour i heard from a few people with no real contacts. However, i didn't realise he had 18 months left. I thought his contract was only until the end of this season. If it's next year then why pay him off? Besides, latest news suggests he's on his way back.