Dislike Davies?

does anyone else have a real dislike for craig davies? i thought he would be a real good prospect when we signed him but i just think he loves himself and he is nowhere near as good as he thinks he is. he drifts in and out of games and only shows hints of his pace. aside to this, he was 'training' in the gym last night and he just sounded like a complete nob. still, if he comes back from injury and bangs the goals in i wont be arguin. anyone else?

does anyone else have a real dislike for craig davies? i thought he would be a real good prospect when we signed him but i just think he loves himself and he is nowhere near as good as he thinks he is. he drifts in and out of games and only shows hints of his pace. aside to this, he was 'training' in the gym last night and he just sounded like a complete nob. still, if he comes back from injury and bangs the goals in i wont be arguin. anyone else?

uneeded post really??

We need positiveness now not negativity!

Er..........no.

Young footballer on decent money in big mouth shocker :wink:

I find him completely frustrating and a bit too selfish, but he is young and the selfishness could become a valuable commodity once he has learnt when to shoot, where to run, etc.

I don't think he is lazy or not trying so have no dislike whatsoever. But, hopefully he will listen to the coaching staff and his game will progress where his obvious attributes can come to the fore.

He makes Hughes look like he should be attending Mensa meetings though.

Davis is an exceptionally talented player, but not blessed with the greatest mind it would appear. His school report would have been along the lines of 'has great ability but easilly distracted'. To be honest Davis can play at an higher level than league one and the coaches that get him to become a team player will reap untold rewards. I guess from being classed as not the brightest most his life it's very difficult to curb wanting to tell how great you are at something. Lets give him that bit more time to mature than the precocious talents like your Micheal Owens of this world.

Your on your own with this one Maskedowl. He's a good player who aint perfect but can and probably will improve. has the potential to score a lot of goals, just needs a push in the right direction really.

He is also our top scorer and given our current situation where goals aren't as seen as much as one would hope, i would much prefer to have him on the pitch than not. :wink:

Your on your own with this one Maskedowl. He's a good player who aint perfect but can and probably will improve. has the potential to score a lot of goals, just needs a push in the right direction really.

He is also our top scorer and given our current situation where goals aren't as seen as much as one would hope, i would much prefer to have him on the pitch than not. :wink:

It appears so! I think im just annoyed cos i chose to have Ricketts on my shirt instead. The shame

Are you saying you would be ashamed to have the mighty rickers on the back of your shirt?

I'd much rather have Rickers on the back of a shirt than Ricketts any day! No shame in Rodders.

Rickers goals at Brentford, Scunny, Huddersfield away>>>>>>>>Any other goal from those times

Are you saying you would be ashamed to have the mighty rickers on the back of your shirt?

To be honest, I didn't watch him enough in those days to form a judgment but I couldn't let that get in the way of my feeble attempt at humour!

I did once have a Latics shirt bought for me with my name on the back. That brought a fair amount of shame on me as it is Blackburn! Not the best name for a Latics fan to be born with!

Masked owl I share some of your frustration and so do many others I go to the games with. For me he is so gifted yet sometimes so cluelessly.... When he doesnt fancy it he is the most annoying player in a Latics shirt by a mile......

I think Shez also shares this frustration by the amount of comments he has made on the OS in the past.

So whilst I dont have a real dislike of the guy he does annoy the hell out of me.

Saying all of that 13 goals for a player who drifts in and out of games aint bad.... Imagine how many he would score if he didnt drift

I'd much rather have Rickers on the back of a shirt than Ricketts any day! No shame in Rodders.

Rickers goals at Brentford, Scunny, Huddersfield away>>>>>>>>Any other goal from those times

Northampton at home one time, beutiful scissor kick on the volley

leave my boy alone!! i sponsor his kit!

What about his goal against Bolton at home in 1995-96 me thinks, i think it was the last game of the season or last home game. He scored as a young un and looked good. Hard working player Rickers, not blessed with any real technique but gave is all. Would much rather have rickers on me back than ricketts. Lazy git.