Chaddy has flown the nest

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:grin: And i was devestated that it took me that long. If i hadnt been slowing down to help my mate i would have knocked about 10 - 15 minutes off that time.

If im still Chaddy by then, im doing it again this year. Just need to drum up some sponsorship. I might see you there again if we both do it.

Chaddy,

You were really great with my girlfriend's little boy at the Huddersfield game and you had your picture taken with him, its a great picture - the only time I've seen him smile in months!

sorry to hear about your personal and family problems mate.i know how passionate you are about things.

take the oppertunity to take full stock and have a breather for a week or 2,no one will think any bad of you.at the end of the day you do what you do because you love doing it,and seeing how pleased the kids are at games and other stuff.

hope it all gets sorted out and your back where you belong,take care fella.

and i thought you were all talking about me :disguise:

i knew wayne would get to grips with it all eventually plus it also stops beardy squeezing himself in more often than he already doeas if ya know wot i mean :peepwall:

:grin: If anyone does take over, it wont be beardy, the stitching cant take the strain :lol:

Its alright Beardy, you know im only serious :wink:

Just wanted to put in my two-penneth (as everyone else seems to have).

Many thanks Wayne for what you have done. The role is vital to the future of our club and Chaddy The Owl is known and respected across the country - and widely regarded as the best mascot around (even if it is because Kevin was really fast :wink::grin: ). The person in the suit is vital - I would be really grumpy after about 5 mins if I had to do your job :angry:

You did my Lad's Birthday Party at Play in Royton and you were brilliant. Although only a third of the kids liked you (one third were terrified and the other third seemed like they wanted to kill you), all of the adults thought you were great.

I also know you as a human and know that you are a true blue and a proper chap.

I hope everything works out OK and the way you want it to. You can clearly see from this topic just how highly you are regarded - except Coco of course, but there is no surprise there :grin:

All the Best mate

Rick

I was a big fan of the last Chaddy, and was a bit dubious about someone taking over from him. However, having met you Wayne many times on a personal level, I think your attitude, and dedication to the job (especially with it being unpaid) means you are everything that personifies what the role of Chaddy is all about.

There'll be a massive gap for someone to fill if you do go through with your resignation, and a hell of a lot to live up to.

But we'll all support you whatever you decide - anyone who knows you knows you won't take any decisions lightly or as a knee-jerk.

If you decide to quit, I am sure it will be a hard decision for you and for serious reasons but just wanna say thanks mate, you are a true latics legend - my lad and my friends lads love seeing your antics - it is more than a bloke in a costume, it is proper entertainment for the kids (we love it too but may be too afraid to admit it!). Really hope you change your mind but fully respect you if you dont - thanks for all your shennanigans - brilliant memories!

my lad is gutted to hear that you may be leaving you are the reason i got him to follow the mighty blues n it took him nearly months to get it through to him that you were called Chaddy the owl not Chuddy the owl(how that made me laugh).hope every thing works out the way you want it i dont know you personally but from what i have read on this thread you sound like a top bloke and a dedicated blue dont think there are many out there that would put as much effort in to the job as you have done, you are a true legend keep your chin up n like i said hope every thing turns out the way you want it.ktf.

YOU HAVE BEEN on my Desktop at work and Home not bad for a 50+ kid (I was waiting for a player who deserved the spot, Warne last season Looks like Allott from now on)

All the best you have made me laugh more than a few times SAD DAY this is biggest loss this season

good luck whatever you do wayne - hope u will still make it on the booze buzz - this may give you more time to practice your pool skills - a lot of things have been posted which i and a lot of other people obviously did not know about what the job of Chaddy involves much respect to you for what you have done and hope you still may be able to

this is certainly the type of dedication needed to take us forward -

nice 1

I just wanted to let you all know, i have emailed Alan to tell him i would like to carry on as Chaddy if the club want me to.

I have had time to reflect and discuss this with my family and good friends, and they have all pointed out that i would be gutted to leave at this point.

Having read all the great posts on this subject i feel like i would not only be letting myself down in a big way by leaving, i would be letting the kids down in an even bigger way, and at the end of the day, thats what i do the job for...........The look on kids faces is priceless, and only people who have had a go in the suit can understand that truly.

Thanks for all the support, i will see you all soon (If the club accept my request). Although i wont see you at Millwall game as im going away with my family to get my head sorted, but im driving back very early Monday so i can go to the Doncaster game.

See you soon,

Chaddy.

I just wanted to let you all know, i have emailed Alan to tell him i would like to carry on as Chaddy if the club want me to.

I have had time to reflect and discuss this with my family and good friends, and they have all pointed out that i would be gutted to leave at this point.

Having read all the great posts on this subject i feel like i would not only be letting myself down in a big way by leaving, i would be letting the kids down in an even bigger way, and at the end of the day, thats what i do the job for...........The look on kids faces is priceless, and only people who have had a go in the suit can understand that truly.

Thanks for all the support, i will see you all soon (If the club accept my request). Although i wont see you at Millwall game as im going away with my family to get my head sorted, but im driving back very early Monday so i can go to the Doncaster game.

See you soon,

Chaddy.

brilliant news hope they see sense n let you carry on all the best.

See you soon,

Chaddy.

Great stuff, y'know it makes sense. :grin:

I will be there at Doncaster if Donny let me, the club are sorting that for me.

As for this Saturday against Millwall, i wont be there........But Chaddy will :blink:

Great news Chaddy, you are my son's hero, in fact one of the sole reasons he enjoys the games i'm sure. I really had no idea how much time, dedication and personal expense it took until I read this thread. Congratulations, it is appreciated

See you soon,

Chaddy.

great news that you decided to carry on being chaddy the owl wayne , latics without out chaddy the owl is like like latics with out the chaddy end unthinkable , nice on chaddy :applause1::applause1::chubb: