2. 2. If not then why not

• Not applicable, am renewing
    • Too expensive
    • Poor value for money
    • Poor home performances this season
    • Other

Each to there own.

Me personally I detest the man.

He isn't good enough to be arrogant with player's staff media or fans its just plain pigheadedness with him.

If you asked him what his 3-year plan was for this club on the pitch, he wouldn't have a clue!

He's a right here right now manager and the reality is, right here and right now we are going nowhere and are abysmal.

A football club is only a successful business if it's doing well on the pitch and has a structure in place and a long-term plan for improvement to adhere to.

I just can't see him (JS) being part of that as he brings nothing to the table.

The sooner we part company the better for all concerned.

get a life sheridan is god

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's been a pretty disappointing season so far, to the awfulness of October when we were bottom of the league, then the fightback to mid-table, the seven-game winning streak away resulting in us battering Leeds and humbling the mighty Everton, players were then needed to push us on further but they didn't really materialise and now we have a huge injury crisis and still despite this climbing upto 8th.

Shez isn't as clueless as some think he is, he's certainly not inept as despite our problems this season with injuries and players not coming in he has still steered us to the top-half, which considering where we were and the players he has available now is a pretty good achievement, only a couple of weeks ago were we saluting the defeat of Tranmere by a team full of youngsters.

There's one part this season where Shez has got it wrong and that is in the transfer market, he signed too many risky players in the summer which backfired on him early on, he got the team buzzing by the end of the year and then Kilkenny and Bertrand left and weren't replaced.

If he was a rubbish manager then with a team of youngsters we'd be with the likes of Port Vale, he needs help to bring players in I feel or a better scout at least. I don't think a Joe Royle type person should be brought in above Shez to oversee transfers but I think this is an area that really needs to be looked at.

sheridan out sheridan out

There's no free company car being vice president mate just the guarantee of s4!te football! :D

Lets hope these Administration rumours are bull as at the rate we are going minus 10 points we would be relegation fodder! :shock:

Edited by KYLEOAFC

There's no free company car being vice president mate just the guarantee of s4!te football! :D

Lets hope these Administration rumours are bull as at the rate we are going minus 10 points we would be relegation fodder! :shock:

so we aren't relegation fodder at the moment then? Cos I thought Shez was doing a really bad job?

cant see that happening mate where would it leave us on the stadium front

so we aren't relegation fodder at the moment then? Cos I thought Shez was doing a really bad job?

A drunken clown could maintain a mid table position with our squad of players without even trying for promotion....Hang on a minute???.............. :unsure:

A drunken clown could maintain a mid table position with our squad of players without even trying for promotion....Hang on a minute???.............. :unsure:

Yeah Gazza would do a great job as manager wouldn't he?

I'm probably not going to renew. Money is a little tighter this year but I could find it if I really wanted to. Thing is, I don't really want to.........there's been far too many poor games this season. Bar Everton, the enjoyment levels have been next to nil and we often spend most of the match taking the pisss out of our own team cos of how poor we are. I'm not sure if I want to spend £300+ to sit in the Chaddy taking the pisss out of my own team.

I will go to BP next season but will pick and choose my matches. It'll be the first time in 15 years that I won't have a season ticket but enough is enough.

Sorry TTA.

What administration rumours.....

There's a few people talking about us going into administration again but to be honest I don't believe it, just rumours.

On a side note if Sheridan cant get this=

Out of Deane Smalley and the other youngsters we should definitely get rid lol

:grin:

Edited by KYLEOAFC

I'm renewing but I must say that even though I have been to all home games and quite alot away my passion has definitely died this year for some reason. I guess i'm a little disillusioned with football on the whole really and the whole money making machine that it's become, but also with the revolving door of personnel on the pitch I feel less attached to them as well. That's not to say there haven't been some great moments this season, Everton and Tranmere away standing out for me, but I just feel as though a lot of others are in the same boat as me. We don't get any atmosphere at BP and away from home I don't feel we are getting that non stop vocal support we once had.

A part of me is just sick of the old ****s in the Lookers who just turn up to moan and as much as I argue with them it just seems pointless cos they will never learn. I'm renewing, but i'm going in the Chaddy or RRE where I can be as loud as I like without some people who have questionable allegiances looking at me like i'm mad.

£59 a week benefits.......thus making a season ticket far too expensive for me.

dont care what anybody says,i would rather eat and live,that comes first for me.

thats different tho ed, you haven't got a season ticket this year. your reason for not having one is understandable. the poll is more aimed at current season ticket holders. if someone has had a season ticket for the last 15 years, (unless there are mitigating circumstances) i find it laughable they can say it is too expensive even before the price structure has been announced.

My god there's some garbage spouted on here.

If the club did sack Shez is there a queue of highly qualified, talented and experienced managers waiting in the wings to take over a mid-table league 1 club surviving on about 4,500 average home gates, who operate on an approximately £10,000 weekly loss.

This wonder manager would have to operate on an absolute shoestring budget due to the financial pressures the club endures on a weekly basis with benevolent owners who allow this situation to exist and allow us to even have a football club to support.

Given the above information we supporters need to be a little more realistic with our expectations.

Come in Mr Mourinho, this looks like a perfect job for your massive managerial skills.

I will be renewing my season ticket for no other reasons than the fact that I always renew every year and I support the club and will always continue to do so, regardless of the the division we are in and the quality of the product on the pitch.

I have seen us play in all 4 divisions and whichever division we were in it has always been very simple for me, I've just gone along and supported the club.

It's called being an Oldham Athletic fan.

:comeon::ktf::ktf::ktf:

ill renew unless Shez goes, this season might not have been the greatest but ive seen much worse since we have been in this division. I honestly believe if we bring in another manager we will be in the same place in 2 years time with people calling for his head and then so on and so on and i just cant be bothered any more if we are not going to have any stability.

If the club did sack Shez is there a queue of highly qualified, talented and experienced managers waiting in the wings to take over a mid-table league 1 club surviving on about 4,500 average home gates, who operate on an approximately £10,000 weekly loss.

This wonder manager would have to operate on an absolute shoestring budget due to the financial pressures the club endures on a weekly basis with benevolent owners who allow this situation to exist and allow us to even have a football club to support.

Given the above information we supporters need to be a little more realistic with our expectations.

Come in Mr Mourinho, this looks like a perfect job for your massive managerial skills.

I will be renewing my season ticket for no other reasons than the fact that I always renew every year and I support the club and will always continue to do so, regardless of the the division we are in and the quality of the product on the pitch.

I have seen us play in all 4 divisions and whichever division we were in it has always been very simple for me, I've just gone along and supported the club.

What absolute common sense. I agree 100%. If the tickets were on sale tomorrow I would get one.

Does anyone remember the big meeting we had a couple of years ago in the Rochdale Road end. Don't think TTA said anything about just existing, they were putting up the season ticket prices to fund our push for promotion. Don't think we should get rid of shez but an old hand to help and learn from might be good as he's making mistakes.

I was thinking about this yesterday whilst watching that dreadful first half. I think that unless the club offer some form of incentive (ie a ticket for around the £200 - £250 mark) I won't be getting a season ticket next time and I've had one without thinking about it for the last 25 years. Certainly not if they are again going to be asking for £330 +.The standard of football is really poor for the money we are being asked to fork out and to be honest I just haven't enjoyed the majority of home games this season. Add to that fact that it's a 50 mile round trip for me when the majority of Oldhamers can't be bothered crossing the road to support their team has made this a quite depressing season.

I'll still go to the matches but will probably pick and choose - certainly no more Lutons /Bournemouths/Hartlepools or whatever on a cold Tuesday night. It's just really depressing seeing the side filled with loan players who are no more than journeymen hoping to pick up as much as they can for as little effort as they can get away with. Add to that our inability to attract any sort of decent player when it was really needed in January, for the 2nd season running, means I can't see any way out of this dreadful division in the near future. I thought we had a brilliant opportunity to push on after the Leeds & Everton games but instead we got absolutely nothing.

I think the club as a whole needs to spark more interest amongst fans. I still have a dreadful feeling this whole stadium saga isn't going to happen and we'll end up with 3 stands or at best the NSM being rebuilt and then having to tell fans theres no more money left to re-develop the rest of the ground. The silence from the club on this since they got planning permission has been deafening.

Perhaps I'll feel different in the Summer if they make some decent signings and the boards ambition becomes a little clearer but at the moment it just feels like a club going nowhere.

Add to that the cost of compensation in sacking a manger and funding a new managers team. I would really be unhappy at the club spending the money that I put into the club on doing it. Once again there's too many knee jerk reactions after a match (some well balanced opinions too!). I don't see why people would make themselves even more miserable by getting wound up on here. Oh, and nearly double that weekly loss which is coming straight out of TTAs pocket.

I might do - but i can see the cost of them pushing 400 and i cant justify that the standard have football has been crap and we have a manger who appears to be next to clueless at time

I still cant get over how thick sheridan was at the start of the season for not signing any left sided players. The team has struggled for balance all season long and even now we are persisiting with playing players wide left who cant use thier left, a center mid (who cant take anyone on) wide right in gary mac a left sided midfielder in defence etc and then as keeper cover we use an untried kid and when crossley gets injured hes isnt good enuff for the first team cover should have been brought in a lot sooner

I think the idea of doing a "bradford" is the most sensible option and almost the only way the club can improve gates.

The club has to get ticket prices right next season otherwise the average home gates will drop lower and lower