Swindon confusion

O/S says that we have been allocated the covered seats behind the goal rather than the Arkells Stand where we've been in the last few years.

Last time I remembered the away end behind the goal wasn't covered and they usually only open it for local derbies and big games.

Anyone know exactly what's going on?

Due to the fact they are getting no were near filling the stadium these days they can afford to give the covered stand to the aways fans ...... this as nothing to do with the fact you can charge more if the stand as a roof :blush:

I dont understand your comment Mark as the side stand we are always put in is covered anyway!!!

Surely they are not putting us in the covered stand behind the other goal..... Maybe the OS meant to say UNcovered

Edited by NIKI1234

The only covered stand behind the goal is the TownEnd and there's no way they'd put us in there. We will defo be in the Arkells which provided accoustics to take to the grave for the 2-1 under Talbot...

That game was a lesson on how to sing "oh when the blues"

That game was a lesson on how to sing "oh when the blues"

For those that didn't attend that day, all I can say you had to be there to understand why it's so much referred to. The Swindon crowd for an entire second half stared in awe and remained tight lipped such was the passion generated. The singing was like a tsunami getting greater and greater till it reached the game end. It was born out of back to the wall (club wise) league wise, underdog wise, pride and passion for OAFC. It was fantastic to be apart of and what makes following this club so great. A band of a few who go week in week out and where if 10 or so miss out it's noticed. Unlike Man Ure who rely on the weekly jet from japan for the one matchers to cover those who watch 80% of the matches on sky.

I remember the chant starting at the beginning of the second half and after a few minutes thinking that the 30 or 40 singing "oh when the blues" were not going to stop....... More and more joined in and within minutes all 400 tics were giving the best rendition of this I have ever heard.... For it to last the full 45 minutes was brilliant.....

I remember after ten mins or so laughing each time the chorus was coming round thinking surely we are not going to sing it again only for it to go on for the rest of the game.....

Sang it all the way home as well

For those that didn't attend that day, all I can say you had to be there to understand why it's so much referred to. The Swindon crowd for an entire second half stared in awe and remained tight lipped such was the passion generated. The singing was like a tsunami getting greater and greater till it reached the game end. It was born out of back to the wall (club wise) league wise, underdog wise, pride and passion for OAFC. It was fantastic to be apart of and what makes following this club so great. A band of a few who go week in week out and where if 10 or so miss out it's noticed. Unlike Man Ure who rely on the weekly jet from japan for the one matchers to cover those who watch 80% of the matches on sky.

Spot on Lags. I'll remember that afternoon for a very long time. Everton, West Ham, Derby, Man City etc.. all wonderful days, but that afternoon of April 24th 2004 showed that despite everything we had been through in the previous 10 months Oldham Athletic were alive and kicking. The pandemonium and unbridled joy after JJ made it 2-0 had to be seen to be believed. There weren't many of us there but we didn't half make a rackett!

Edited by oafcprozac

Sounds like I missed out. :disappointed:

Lets do it again!

Spot on Lags. I'll remember that afternoon for a very long time. Everton, West Ham, Derby, Man City etc.. all wonderful days, but that afternoon of April 24th 2004 showed that despite everything we had been through in the previous 10 months Oldham Athletic were alive and kicking. The pandemonium and unbridled joy after JJ made it 2-0 had to be seen to be believed. There weren't many of us there but we didn't half make a rackett!

Sends shivers down my spine remembering that.

Also remember singing 'going up with Ronnie Moore' there after 2 wins out of 2 at the start of his full season here!

Sends shivers down my spine remembering that.

Also remember singing 'going up with Ronnie Moore' there after 2 wins out of 2 at the start of his full season here!

Missed the game being talked about through illness. Only 1 of 2 that I missed all season, home and away, cups and everything (I'll knock in that ever-present one season!).....gutting, I tell thee! But remember that game the following season....3-0 up at Half Time....then Rob Scott decided to play for Swindon in the 2nd half and gift 2 goals. Cue onslaught and even our woodwork being rattled in the last minute.....a strange, but very entertaining game.

Missed the game being talked about through illness. Only 1 of 2 that I missed all season, home and away, cups and everything (I'll knock in that ever-present one season!).....gutting, I tell thee! But remember that game the following season....3-0 up at Half Time....then Rob Scott decided to play for Swindon in the 2nd half and gift 2 goals. Cue onslaught and even our woodwork being rattled in the last minute.....a strange, but very entertaining game.

That was the season they had Thorpe and Cureton up front, after going 3-0 up Wellens led the "easy, easy", celebrations. Remember thinking at the time how unprofessional that was and boy how it nearly bit us on the arse in that mad 12 minute spell at the end.

Remember us all going mental at the ref for not playing advantage when Porter was sure to put us 2-0 up, anyhow Lidds stepped up with an absolute screamer of a free-kick to vidicate the referee. Sadly for Liddell it was pretty much down hill all way after that! "Going up with Ronnie Moore............." Oh how wrong could we be!?

Edited by oafcprozac

That was the season they had Thorpe and Cureton up front, after going 3-0 up Wellens led the "easy, easy", celebrations. Remember thinking at the time how unprofessional that was and boy how it nearly bit us on the arse in that mad 12 minute spell at the end.

Remember us all going mental at the ref for not playing advantage when Porter was sure to put us 2-0 up, anyhow Lidds stepped up with an absolute screamer of a free-kick to vidicate the referee. Sadly for Liddell it was pretty much down hill all way after that! "Going up with Ronnie Moore............." Oh how wrong could we be!?

Up the league we went.....just not up leagues.....still, unless you're Iain Dowie, you rarely see miracles performed in 1 season :wink::grin:

WORM....any biters?

Edited by boundaryblue80

2 weeks after the event I walked into my local in Swindon and 2 blokes just started singing it at me. For weeks afterwards people just referred to me as "one of those noisy northern b**stards." The County Ground were in awe of us that day.

Ding Ding, Rd 2...