What really disappointed me yesterday

Forget the performance, the tactics and so on, we've had them poor things a plenty this season and at home too let alone the travels. But what really really sticks in my throat, even at the blunt end of a poor season when a fan travels hundreds of miles to continue his/her blind faith is for players to walk of the pitch and not even look at those poor souls in the stands. Not even a cursory half hearted two claps of the hands, just a trudge off. Half the side did this yesterday and Eardley was the first off. Total lack of any respect. If I was the manager I'd walk in the dressing room and make them go applaud the empty stand. I cant stand that I really cant.

Also what on earth was Sheridan doing kicking the ball away in anger after his verball attack? How very unprofessional and had he been sent to the stands for it he couldn't have complained. I am sorry The Swindon fans must think were utter Mickey Mouse.

Lets get this season wrote off and over, move on to next season and lets get a little bit of pride back into the club. Lets get a club were players want to come here, cos right now it appears we're last watering hole saloon. The players who have come out of this season with any credit, Allott, Rubes, Crossley, Lewis, Davis, Macca, Trotman & Smalley. Add to those who I'd keep of Hughes, Taylor (one more season to deliver) Lomax. The rest can leave and their places took with quality additions otherwise we'll be here again this time next year.

agree, u get that at a lot of teams these days, if the team lose the players wont be over to applaud the fans who came anyway, but they will quickly be over if they won to lap up the praise. its no longer an honour now to a lot of players its just sometihng they have to do for 90 mins to fuel their orange wags spending habits. it seems like they couldnt care less, someone needs to bring em down to earth! wasnt at the match but heard about that rant, whilst im a shez in i agree thats a bit unprofessional

agree, u get that at a lot of teams these days, if the team lose the players wont be over to applaud the fans who came anyway, but they will quickly be over if they won to lap up the praise. its no longer an honour now to a lot of players its just sometihng they have to do for 90 mins to fuel their orange wags spending habits. it seems like they couldnt care less, someone needs to bring em down to earth! wasnt at the match but heard about that rant, whilst im a shez in i agree thats a bit unprofessional

Finally the penny drops.

Forget the performance, the tactics and so on, we've had them poor things a plenty this season and at home too let alone the travels. But what really really sticks in my throat, even at the blunt end of a poor season when a fan travels hundreds of miles to continue his/her blind faith is for players to walk of the pitch and not even look at those poor souls in the stands. Not even a cursory half hearted two claps of the hands, just a trudge off. Half the side did this yesterday and Eardley was the first off. Total lack of any respect. If I was the manager I'd walk in the dressing room and make them go applaud the empty stand. I cant stand that I really cant.

Also what on earth was Sheridan doing kicking the ball away in anger after his verball attack? How very unprofessional and had he been sent to the stands for it he couldn't have complained. I am sorry The Swindon fans must think were utter Mickey Mouse.

Lets get this season wrote off and over, move on to next season and lets get a little bit of pride back into the club. Lets get a club were players want to come here, cos right now it appears we're last watering hole saloon. The players who have come out of this season with any credit, Allott, Rubes, Crossley, Lewis, Davis, Macca, Trotman & Smalley. Add to those who I'd keep of Hughes, Taylor (one more season to deliver) Lomax. The rest can leave and their places took with quality additions otherwise we'll be here again this time next year.

4-1 one week, 0-3 the next: a sign of a mediocre side and no better than we had under Ritchie.

The only difference is that this squad is considerably more expensive.

Guest oa_exile
The only difference is that this squad is considerably more expensive.

Disagree , this season we must have one of the smallest wage bills for many a year.

Disagree , this season we must have one of the smallest wage bills for many a year.

Whilst its a small wage bill exile, compare the following:-

98/99 Kelly, Garnett, Sheridan, Whitehall, Allott, McNiven, Duxbury, Rickers, Orlyggsson, Reid,

99/00 Dudley, Jones, Tipton, Holt, Hotte, Thom, Salt, Boshell, Miskelly, Beavers,

00/01 Corazzin, Eyres, Carss, Sugden, Adams, Prenderville etc

This season:-

Crossley, Gregan, Liddell, Hughes, Davies, Allott, Macca, JP, Thompson etc.... so I'd think the wages this year are likely to be as much as they were last year, and certainly a helluva lot more than what Ritchie had.

Although 98/99 in retrospect does show we must have been paying a fair whack for players such as Dux, Toddy and Reid and Kelly and Garnett were on Championship wages no doubt too, no wonder McCarthy and Littlejohn were binned early season.

Edited by oafcprozac

98/99 Kelly, Garnett, Sheridan, Whitehall, Allott, McNiven, Duxbury, Rickers, Orlyggsson, Reid,

99/00 Dudley, Jones, Tipton, Holt, Hotte, Thom, Salt, Boshell, Miskelly, Beavers,

Crossley, Gregan, Liddell, Hughes, Davies, Allott, Macca, JP, Thompson etc.... so I'd think the wages this year are likely to be as much as they were last year, and certainly a helluva lot more than what Ritchie had.

Although 98/99 in retrospect does show we must have been paying a fair whack for players such as Dux, Toddy and Reid and Kelly and Garnett were on Championship wages no doubt too, no wonder McCarthy and Littlejohn were binned early season.

Was Orlygsson still at BP in 1998/99?

Guest oa_exile

You took the words out of my mouth with some of your post and also answers C_J "Do they come cheap".

With the in's & out's of last season V's this season I think the wage bill was probably less this season.

C_J , yes Orlygsson was still at BP in 1998/99.

Edited by oa_exile

Who did Shez have a rant at after the match? We walked as slowly as possibly down towards the exit, as I saw him waiting, but we got ushered down the steps.

If he kicked the ball away he was stupid. He has to stop losing his temper, although I find it hilarious. Luton when he actually jogged to get at the ref at half-time. :lol:

I agree with all of the above apart from one thing- Stefan Stam - he has had an injury free run and has done well in an ever changing back line. Still cannot understand why we let Trotman go though - he was more important than any of the other players imho <_<

...what really really sticks in my throat, even at the blunt end of a poor season when a fan travels hundreds of miles to continue his/her blind faith is for players to walk of the pitch and not even look at those poor souls in the stands. Not even a cursory half hearted two claps of the hands, just a trudge off.

Wouldn't know. I was in a pub the other side of Swindon by then. :blink:

I agree with all of the above apart from one thing- Stefan Stam - he has had an injury free run and has done well in an ever changing back line. Still cannot understand why we let Trotman go though - he was more important than any of the other players imho <_<

The fact we are losing massive amounts each week and were offered £500,000 is a clue as to why we let him go.

Interestingly enough, he's been injured for much of the time since so it's unlikely we would have got a lot out of him for the rest of the season if he'd stayed.

The fact we are losing massive amounts each week and were offered £500,000 is a clue as to why we let him go.

Interestingly enough, he's been injured for much of the time since so it's unlikely we would have got a lot out of him for the rest of the season if he'd stayed.

Also the fact we are a club with little ambition. 500k is nothing if the boy could have taken us up. Although Stam has been good in patches he has been one of the many inconsistnet performers and often switches off. I think Shez will be making some suprise releases this summer based on the inconsistency. What we need is a team of Mark Allotts and Reuben Hazells.

Anyone know whos out of contract this summer, cos I would think most will be looking for new jobs

Also the fact we are a club with little ambition. 500k is nothing if the boy could have taken us up.

Sorry to pick through your posts Youngen, but I remember agreeing to an earlier one of yours (Feb 1st) when you informed Max Damage;

"You seem to be forgetting weve just made 500K on Trotman plus the 200k we made off Philiskirk in the summer. Wages saved on Ricketts. Thats how we afford half decent players. "

I'm confused now, because I thought you were originally in favour of the sale of Trotman? It seemed good business to me under the circumstances.

I bet the wages of some of our players would suprise some people. Liddell must be on a fair bit? Wonder what Hughes and Davies were tempted with?

Id have a clear out in the summer. If someone comes in for Eardley with anythin close to a million then id snatch their hand off. Id also get rid of Taylor for the right price.

Sorry to pick through your posts Youngen, but I remember agreeing to an earlier one of yours (Feb 1st) when you informed Max Damage;

"You seem to be forgetting weve just made 500K on Trotman plus the 200k we made off Philiskirk in the summer. Wages saved on Ricketts. Thats how we afford half decent players. "

I'm confused now, because I thought you were originally in favour of the sale of Trotman? It seemed good business to me under the circumstances.

I never agreed to the sale of Trotman, it showed no ambition and has done nothing but harm to our season. By keeping him alone would have boosted us at least a couple of places. In this earlier post I was also commenting on the lack of ambition as we had already made the money so therefore we should have invested it, I never condoned his sale but was merely saying it should have been re invested. To me the club are happy sitting in this division and breaking even every year until the stadium is built, the flats are sold and a nice profit will be made, and then the owners will sell up claiming were in a better position than we were in, when we, at the moment, are about as good as we were under Ritchie. The only thing is their will be a bigger echo in the stadium from all the extra room that wont get filled.

I bet the wages of some of our players would suprise some people. Liddell must be on a fair bit? Wonder what Hughes and Davies were tempted with?

Id have a clear out in the summer. If someone comes in for Eardley with anythin close to a million then id snatch their hand off. Id also get rid of Taylor for the right price.

Hughes is on less than you think. Wouldn't think Davies is on too much. Possibly decent bonuses for both.