Any chance a refund...

...on the remaining home games?

The manager has written them off as meaningless. In fact he's as good as said it. So what are the chances of getting a refund for the last few home games? Didn't fans pay for the whole season?

As your weighing up whteher you can afford one for next year what incentive does this give you?

Incredible.

Sheridan out.

The manager has written them off as meaningless. In fact he's as good as said it. So what are the chances of getting a refund for the last few home games? Didn't fans pay for the whole season?

As your weighing up whteher you can afford one for next year what incentive does this give you?

Incredible.

Sheridan out.

jeeez louise......you would think people buy a season ticket to watch a game of football.....just because nothing is up for grabs doesn't mean he wont try to get them playing good football....get a grip

Edited by Blue_Guru

So you'd see them as being better value if we could still be relegated?

I think Derby fans have a slightly stronger case for a refund than someone griping over 2 games left that they've paid less than £14 on average for.

So, you'd rather have a relegation battle at the end then?

What happens at every other club that finishes safely in midtable with neither relegation nor playoffs to concern them in the last few games?

Tell you what - don't bother with a season ticket next year Guernica - just turn up and pay on the day when you feel it's worthwhile.

Incredible.

Sheridan out.

Yeah, coz we've never, ever had a season before where we've had games with nothing to play for, have we? Give it a :censored:ing rest now eh.....or just enjoying the attention???

Incredible.

Sheridan out.

How perfectic......

Incredible.

Sheridan out.

He's as good as said it? Well actually, he hasn't said it has he? It's just a few cobbled together words in a newspaper story about the Youngsters at Boundary Park. So therefore he hasn't written the games off as meaningless. So it isn't really incredible. So really, the Sheridan out call is unnecessary based on this ridiculous and spiteful post.

In fact, there's nothing really to see here folks apart from a good dose of word twisting to suit an agenda.

I'm no fan of Sheridan but this is complete crap.

Latics round up with Tony Bugby

ATHLETIC’S conveyer belt of young talent could see some of the next generation be given a taste of first-team football in the four remaining League One fixtures.

Manager John Sheridan says he is tempted to have a look at a number of their promising players now that a top-six spot appears beyond their reach.

And just as the likes of Lewis Alessandra and Deane Smalley have grasped their chances this season through the club’s horrendous injury problems, Sheridan is hoping there are others ready to knock at the first-team door.

It could be a golden opportunity for the likes of Paul Black, Josh Bell, Ashley Kelly, Danny Knight, Rory Winters, Aaron Chalmers and Ryan Brooke.

And those seven players will view Alessandra and Smalley as sources of inspiration just as that pair looked up to likes of Chris Taylor, Neal Eardley, Kelvin Lomax and Matty Wolfenden who broke into the side before them.

He's as good as said it? Well actually, he hasn't said it has he? It's just a few cobbled together words in a newspaper story about the Youngsters at Boundary Park. So therefore he hasn't written the games off as meaningless. So it isn't really incredible. So really, the Sheridan out call is unnecessary based on this ridiculous and spiteful post.

In fact, there's nothing really to see here folks apart from a good dose of word twisting to suit an agenda.

I'm no fan of Sheridan but this is complete crap.

If you've ever met Tony Bugby you'll know what a dour man he is. I do not think he's ever penned an article that is remotely positive in tone when writing about OAFC. He seems to revel in doom and gloom, even positive stories are turned on their head. The guy was positively wetting himself during the summer of hell with a seemingly endless supply of doom mongeringforced upon the unsuspecting Oldham public on a daily basis.

OAFC PROZAC - NEWLY APPOINTED CHAIRMAN OF THE HAPPY CLAPPERS :applause1::applause1::applause1::applause1::applause1:

Edited by oafcprozac

Incredible.

Sheridan out.

Agreed. No incentive whatsoever. Closer to bottom four than top two, season of progression my arse, we've gone backwards. I do agree with him though that things have to change next season. Starting with him.

Sheridan out.

Imagine we'd won every game this season and were promoted in February. Would have had about 8 or 9 meaningless home games! Would have been horrible. :(

Good point well made. :)

Sheridan can't win - on the one hand he's getting slated for suggesting Liddell and Gregan might start on Saturday when they're only just back from injury,on the other hand if he talks about playing the young lads he's given up,it's not worth going and he should be sacked. Give your season ticket to someone who can't afford to go to the game if you're that bothered.

Guest oa_exile

I bet he was one of the season ticket holders who bleated last season over the £2.00 games :wink:

Think the club should offer half season tickets for next season , just in case :lol:

I must admit these posts just get better and better :grin: I wonder if Tony Bugby posts on here ? :shock: possibly :unsure: maybe :huh:

Guest oa_exile
Not sure on that Exile.

This other bit of "spin" ran to 9 pages and so far, this thread is still on page 1.

You can't believe everything that you read these days.

Well in that case just remember these posts are of marathon content and cannot be completed as in a sprint ^_^

Agreed. No incentive whatsoever. Closer to bottom four than top two, season of progression my arse, we've gone backwards. I do agree with him though that things have to change next season. Starting with him.

Sheridan out.

Naaaaa - Shezza in - our expectations are sooo high - why? They werent like that under Talbo/Moore - no they werent. They ARE under Shezza coz we can see the potential of our team under him and what CAN be achieved - the frustration is that we havent done as well as we EXPECT under Shezza. Shezza is the man, subconsciously you know that but coz results havent gone for us you are now doubting him. Give him a nice long-term juicy contract and sit back and enjoy the ride!

Incredible.

Sheridan out.

I bet your first in line for a new season ticket...if you are reading between the lines that much you cant have much else to do than watch your beloved Latics. Get a grip man we have finished mid table. It happens. Are you trying to say that nearly getting relegated is more fun because there is still something to play for. You pay to watch football matches, the season ticket never has a guarantee of promotion written in it. I swear some of our fans think we have a right to win every game it baffles me!!

Incredible.

Sheridan out.

Jeez - Twenty years on and Maggie's still got a lot to answer for.

Lock 'em up I say!