You have got to admit....

Watching the Liverpool v Arsenal is it any wonder fewer and fewer people are watching lower league football these days....That is the best 45 minutes of football i have seen in a long while end to end stuff at such a fast pace for the full length of time. The difference in standard is ridiculous.....Ahh well but it still aint good enough to take the Oldham out of me! :)

Peno - the big liverpool european games are always class.

Wanted Arsenal to win this, cant believe they have blown it.

Edited by AMO

I think you missed out "very, very, very, very" there Steve.

Can't stand Liverpool. Only Team I really don't like (alongside MkDonalds).

How was that a penalty but Kuyt's identical foul last week wasn't????? Shows the inconsistencies of officials blight the very top level too.

I think you missed out "very, very, very, very" there Steve.

Can't stand Liverpool. Only Team I really don't like (alongside MkDonalds).

That was the summarised version.

What got me was the co-commentator (can't remember who it was) saying after Babel's goal "Well, that makes the penalty less of an issue." Does it? Really? So you think Arsenal would have everyone in Liverpool's box, in injury time, if they were leading on away goals then?

What got me was the co-commentator (can't remember who it was) saying after Babel's goal "Well, that makes the penalty less of an issue." Does it? Really? So you think Arsenal would have everyone in Liverpool's box, in injury time, if they were leading on away goals then?

Jim Beglin ex LIVERPOOL and Leeds defender

Well, I hope they do Roma in Moscow.

Haha nah would be better my way! Actually maybe id sooner an english club doesnt win - just hypes up the prem even more. Cant see anyone stopping united other than liverpool in the final though. Liverpool just have seem to have something magical about them.......when adebayor was celebrating I was just thinking "lets see who's smiling in a minute"

I know it's staggering some of the crap which comes out of these 'football peoples' mouths. I reckon I see more knowledge on here every day, after you have waded through all the rubbish of course.

Jim Beglin ex LIVERPOOL and Leeds defender

Alongside Clive Tyldesley. They were probably unable to see that much of the game due to the Liverpool scarves, hats and red-tinted specs that they were wearing.

I'm sure this affected the result and demand a Replay.

:)

The OP was right and it was a cracking game. Thing is though, it means nothing 5 minutes after it has finished. A Latics game on the other hand........... :D

Alongside Clive Tyldesley. They were probably unable to see that much of the game due to the Liverpool scarves, hats and red-tinted specs that they were wearing.

I'm sure this affected the result and demand a Replay.

:)

The OP was right and it was a cracking game. Thing is though, it means nothing 5 minutes after it has finished. A Latics game on the other hand........... :D

Amen.

Watching the Liverpool v Arsenal is it any wonder fewer and fewer people are watching lower league football these days....

The difference in quality is staggering yes. And that was an awesome game of cup football.

However your basic premise is wrong.

Crowds may have dropped at Oldham, but Football League Attendances as a whole are up. Again. That's several years of consecutive increases in gates.

It was good. Quite why Liverpool decide to be the ones who can't really be bothered with the Prem I don't know. They slipped away in October (when the serious business starts) and they've been nowhere near. Again.

Still suppose they're full of energy for nights like tonight!

I can see a United Liverpool final. I predict death and carnage all the way to Moscow and back. Or will UEFA have already envisaged that :wink::ph34r:

It was good. Quite why Liverpool decide to be the ones who can't really be bothered with the Prem I don't know. They slipped away in October (when the serious business starts) and they've been nowhere near. Again.

Still suppose they're full of energy for nights like tonight!

I can see a United Liverpool final. I predict death and carnage all the way to Moscow and back. Or will UEFA have already envisaged that :wink::ph34r:

There will be a big problem with flights to Moscow if it is a United/Livepool final. Obviously the possibility of violence in the air, but also the problem that whoever goes through on the Tuesday night will book all the flights on the Wednesday meaning there's no seats left for the team that goes through on the Wednesday. I know this was a potential difficulty last year when Liverpool went through on the Tuesday and United were in front before going to Milan the following day.

Still, it would be hilarious if no United fans can get there and the Scousers beat them in Moscow.

There will be a big problem with flights to Moscow if it is a United/Livepool final. Obviously the possibility of violence in the air, but also the problem that whoever goes through on the Tuesday night will book all the flights on the Wednesday meaning there's no seats left for the team that goes through on the Wednesday. I know this was a potential difficulty last year when Liverpool went through on the Tuesday and United were in front before going to Milan the following day.

Still, it would be hilarious if no United fans can get there and the Scousers beat them in Moscow.

C'mon guys Liverpool/United semi. Put ypur house on it.

I enjoyed the matches last night. I had a prime spot in the pub where I could see either match with a slight turn of my head, and due to my increasingly Grouch-like approach to pretty much every other team I was able to take enormous pleasure in the desolation of both the Arsenal fans and the plastic Scousers as the tide turned.

Hilarious scousers

After the experiences of England fans in Moscow I think ManUre and Liverpool fans would be advised to stick together.

After the experiences of England fans in Moscow I think ManUre and Liverpool fans would be advised to stick together.

If it is a Scouse V Scum final I've got mixed feelings about it being in Moscow.

My overriding view is that it is probably the ideal venue because it is the only country where the final could be played where they can genuinely restrict the number of fans travelling.

If this game was in Barcelona or Amsterdam, or just about any other major city in Europe, there would be 50,000 plus travelling from each club which would lead to utter carnage. This isn't going to happen though, partly because of cost, but mainly due to the fact that you need a visa to get there. The two successful clubs will find out that they are in the final on 29/30 April and the final will take place three weeks later.

The postal application process for a Russian visa takes 4 weeks. You can queue up in person at the embassy in London but they only accept about 200 applications a day in this way.

It has been announced that the Russian embassy will be issuing visas through the successful clubs but I would assume that this will only apply to people who purchase tickets from the club so there will be almost no fans travelling who do not have tickets.

On the other hand, each club is being given 21,000 tickets so that means there will still be over 40,000 fans over there. I can't imagine there being much trouble around the ground because you would have to have a death wish to mess with those Russian police and I don't think people would be that stupid.

I think the major issue is the fans staying in the big hotels, in particular the Cosmos which has over 5,000 rooms. This is where most will stay and it will not be safe for them to leave the hotel at night (or probably in the day) as the local thugs will be targetting people as they leave. This means that on the Tuesday and Wednesday night there will probably be the best part of 10,000 fans in there in the hotel bars. How on earth that can be policed, I just don't know.

Edited by Latics & England