Tonights Results

Both Leeds and Walsall lose. Still tight up there...

I thought this thread was about Rochdale! Won 3-0, almost guaranteed play-offs.. Anyone know the attendance? Are they getting more than us now? :grin:

Aye... and miles more atmosphere than we can ever manage at BP. I'm pretty impressed with them.

The 25 was from Barnet. :wink:

Bentley's going to wembley! (chant of the night ey jamie) :lol: Take away about 50/100 oldham fans either who've started jumping on the bandwaggon :lol:

Edited by Rocky_Latic

Bentley's going to wembley! (chant of the night ey jamie) :lol: Take away about 50/100 oldham fans either who've started jumping on the bandwaggon :lol:

Heh yeah. I must admit, Spotland is a lovely little ground to get an atmosphere going, certainly in comparison with ours. I actually want us to stay down and play Dale next season, the atmosphere between the fans would be fantastic.

:shock: Really?!

Aye. Certainly if Rochdale come up.

Seriously, I think it'll be better for us to stay down this season and start getting our plans in early. The three stand-out teams in our division all missed out on the play-offs the previous year which helped them plan a lot better and are now reaping the benefits.

It's hard, Leeds win once more and we can't make it, ...

Not quite, they win one match 1-0 and lose the other two; we win all three of ours 10-0, we're in the play-offs!

edit: that is, given helpful results at Walsall and elsewhere too!

:cardinal:

Edited by The Chaplain

This season is a mirror action of last season ... Dont worry Folks its all sorted ...

We'll just miss out on the Play Offs like Swansea did 2006/2007 and with a few signings we will be promoted by April 2009 :wink:

Also Dale, Stockport along with MK and Hereford are coming up :grin:

The 25 was from Barnet. :wink:

No offence Rocky but if Dale get promoted I'll be penning a 5,000 word essay using my "Corporal Jones" pen titled "The Rise and Decline of Oldham Athletic"... :grin:

Do Dale fans call us arrogant Biffos?

No offence Rocky but if Dale get promoted I'll be penning a 5,000 word essay using my "Corporal Jones" pen titled "The Rise and Decline of Oldham Athletic"... :grin:

Do Dale fans call us arrogant Biffos?

I think Corp wrote "The decline, fall, inevitable collapse, the rest of you don't understand that we're past the point of no return, of Oldham Athletic. RIP."

I think Corp wrote "The decline, fall, inevitable collapse, the rest of you don't understand that we're past the point of no return, of Oldham Athletic. RIP."

Lol...I'm still trying to get my head around his rantings TBH. Whilst predicting the doom of ourselves, he's moved onto Sheff Weds in recent days. And just generally is predicting the end of football, rather more than the end of us. And that we're just being swallowed up in it. If that's right, then I'm still waiting for him to tell us something new. Footballs been dying for years......the Prem want the FA encouraging a Prem 1 and a Prem 2 and the rest can wither and die in semi-pro (most likely, regionalised) football.

Not that any effort to point out how to turn it around for us has been put forward, but had it, then it would be doomed simply due to the football universe ending scenario he's painting out. In otherwords, it's a null and void load of tosh he's chasing his tail over. Be nice to hear a list of positives about OAFC from him, but to be honest, I don't think such a D&Ger could bring themself to do such a list (or would, but would cynically put about two points on it.)

Oh well...rant over...felt the above needing saying though :grin:

Thanks for clarifying that but my attempt will be much more upbeat and positive! :grin:

Question for old-timers or statto geeks: When WAS the last time we were in the same league as Dale?

A while ago I predicted a 10th place finish with the play-offs impossible with 2 games remaining - not looking to far off at the moment.

More interested in who is going up/down comingup/down - part of me wants Leeds/Forest out of the division, Wednesday to stay up etc so that the competition is less. The other part likes the idea of Leeds/Forest/Wednesday all the 3rd division.

1973/4

i have been telling people,especially my ex wifes leeds supporting partner,that if we win our last 3 games,and those teams around us lose theres we will have 70 points and be in the playoffs.

this has to happen as she has stated she will take me and the lad to wembly for the final in a posh hotel.....fingers toes and everything else is crossed.....but deep down i know where gonna miss it by one point,lol