Champions League Opinion Poll

martjs

ABU or ABT?  

156 members have voted

1. 1. Anything but United or any British Team?

• ABU
    • ABT

Don't know how to set this up but I would love to do a poll on here for the Champions League Semis.

A bit of background: I used to get stick on the old Official Board for being a raging ABU (Anyone But United) usually, strangely enough, by other ex-pats (in Australia, cough) who were more inclined to be "Any British Team". Probably something to do with bragging rights.

So who do you want to win the "Champions" League?

Are you an ABU or any ABT?

Can a Mod please oblige with the poll? Thanks.

Edited by philliggi
Poll Added

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont mind UTD winning it, they're the most entertaining team in British wise and I cant stand Rafa Benitiz or Chelsea so Im pretty limited in who I can follow in this particular competition untill the day Latics make it which Im sure one day they will do!!

Don't know how to set this up but I would love to do a poll on here for the Champions League Semis.

A bit of background: I used to get stick on the old Official Board for being a raging ABU (Anyone But United) usually, strangely enough, by other ex-pats (in Australia, cough) who were more inclined to be "Any British Team". Probably something to do with bragging rights.

So who do you want to win the "Champions" League?

Are you an ABU or any ABT?

Can a Mod please oblige with the poll? Thanks.

ABU, but it's becoming as boring as the Prem. Pretty much the "Big Four" knockout this year. With a foriegn ref.

ABU, but it's becoming as boring as the Prem. Pretty much the "Big Four" knockout this year. With a foriegn ref.

It's self perpetuating, isn't it? The same teams qualify for the Champions League, pocket the cash, therefore qualify for the Champions League the following season etc.

It does make you wonder how long it can go on, year after year, before interest wanes.

I felt the need to put a bet on tonight to try to sustain interest. It didn't work, I was still more interested in the Burton Albion situation.

I did have Liverpool winning at HT, Draw at FT at 14-1. :grin:

It's self perpetuating, isn't it? The same teams qualify for the Champions League, pocket the cash, therefore qualify for the Champions League the following season etc.

It does make you wonder how long it can go on, year after year, before interest wanes.

I felt the need to put a bet on tonight to try to sustain interest. It didn't work, I was still more interested in the Burton Albion situation.

I did have Liverpool winning at HT, Draw at FT at 14-1. :grin:

In that case.....two Heineken and a diet coke. No ice. See you in the pub on Saturday

Hmm. I don't think I like any of them.

Normally I'd be ABU, but I don't like Chelsea's football or many of their players, and I don't like the attitude of some Liverpool fans. Barcelona I just don't care about either way - another rich club in the world.

Man Utd are the most entertaining to watch so I'm a bit stuck, really. Probably I'd lean towards Barcelona, but if Man Utd won an entertaining final it wouldn't be the end of the world for me.

I love this assumption that to be a Latics fan you have to hate United - it simply aint true... for me United have never, ever, been a rival to us... they have always been out of our league - and yes I was there to see us beat em many years back... I dont know whether i have just lived away from manchester and surrounding areas too long... but for me, if we aint gonna win everything, and we never will, I want United to stuff the bobbins out of everyone in the league, cups, and especially europe... they are the best team I have ever seen in my lifetime, and they are northern, and most importantly... they aint liverpool...

I hope united romp this european cup, and the league - they deserve it, they are simply awesome, and an absolutle pleasure to watch - for me, they are one of the few things that make the premiership worth watching...

... but to be honest as Long as liverpool dont win squat, then i will be happy... "Oooooooh who put the ball in the scoucers net - super Janne Riise!"

.. sorry Jonny, hope your boys take a beating tomorrow night and United make it an all England final - that would make me happy, and if they have to stuf liverpool in the final - it would make it all the sweeter...

I love this assumption that to be a Latics fan you have to hate United - it simply aint true... for me United have never, ever, been a rival to us... they have always been out of our league - and yes I was there to see us beat em many years back... I dont know whether i have just lived away from manchester and surrounding areas too long... but for me, if we aint gonna win everything, and we never will, I want United to stuff the bobbins out of everyone in the league, cups, and especially europe... they are the best team I have ever seen in my lifetime, and they are northern, and most importantly... they aint liverpool...

I hope united romp this european cup, and the league - they deserve it, they are simply awesome, and an absolutle pleasure to watch - for me, they are one of the few things that make the premiership worth watching...

... but to be honest as Long as liverpool dont win squat, then i will be happy... "Oooooooh who put the ball in the scoucers net - super Janne Riise!"

.. sorry Jonny, hope your boys take a beating tomorrow night and United make it an all England final - that would make me happy, and if they have to stuf liverpool in the final - it would make it all the sweeter...

good games to watch from a neutral point of view.

tonight i thought it was a cracking game,and for no other reason than liverpool are in the north wanted them to win.

tomorrow will be another cracking game,and again i hope united win it because there a northern team.

doesnt make me a closet red or anything,i can just appreciate a good game of football between to equal teams playing football how i would like my team to play.

I concur!!

but to be fair, how long have you lived in Bristol? The majority of Latics fans live in Oldham and have to put up with living in a town full of them red *****. They aint a rival to us? They (and city) pretty much steal most of our (and other local clubs- rochdale, stockport, bury) support meaning we are constantly in a stuggle to survive and gain new fans.

I cant stand anything about that club business. Who cares if they play good football. They are at the forefront of everything that is bad about football. I know Chelsea and Liverpool are not different, but at least if they win it it will p**s united fans off.

ABU!

here goes...........

as much as i hate my colleagues discussing how fantastic their team is... after inevitably watching it on sky! i must admit that they are a pretty decent team to watch when i get the chance myself.....

i can't for some reason watch any footy on the box.. include any team in that statement, england too!! but will watch anything live.... weird or what???? but i can just about watch manure if there isn't any pots to wash...

now last week i caught one of my esteemed colleagues perusing the 'red tops', discussing how that team won't get past that team etc etc... sort of assuming that the games that united have yet to play..(inc Roma in that!) are sort of practise games, and they are already in the final..... what a complete 'thrower'... OK they got past Roma, but still have a certain Spanish team to beat over two legs... AND then win the final itself... from what i recall the last one they were in didn't exactly go their way till the very end...

so he got a very swift rebuke, and was told in no uncertain terms that he should support all English teams (OK, OK i know most have little or any British players in them!) up until they play one....

that aside... as i have already stated..i enjoy watching live footy so if English teams are constantly in the final stages of the champions league then that must surely encourage our chance to hold world cups, European championships and champions league finals... basically LIVE FOOTY!!

have three examples of why united fans grip my s**t* ...

1. was on a tram back from O.T after the Carroll dragging ball back out of the net episode...

utd fan to spurs fan ... "unlucky or what mate? ref (clatters!) was shocking!"

spurs fan to utd fan ... " yeah tell me about it! what do we have to do to get a goal here?" blah blah blah

separate utd fan .... " what ya talking about.. that ball was nowhere near the line!.."

2. colleague..." who ya playing Saturday? "

me ..........." XYZ at home ... "

utd fan ..... " how's that then? it's cup final day? "

me ...... " we're not in it, have league game to play!"

...... " but it's the cup final! "

me ....... " AND ???? the world does NOT revolve around man united you know!!! ..... "

3. late shift... not impressed.. no patience!!

colleague getting off the tram I'm about to start my shift on...

" hey..ronaldo's just got his second! "

me .... in front of a packed tram....

" i couldn't give a toss about ronaldo or what he's doing at this present time.. about time you lot realised that some of us don't care whats happening at old trafford.....and besides which! why aren't you there?????? ........ "

so yes they are a joy to watch from time to time....

their fans are generally knobbers! but i believe that when it's needed... a English team should be supported..

now where did i leave my spanish phrase book???

I can't believe anyone can bring themselves to support United in anyway, they make me physically sick. They're exactly what's wrong with football and their fans are completely ignorant to it all and have some ridiculous idea that the whole footballing world revolves around them. The amount of clowns who think they're massive fans because they never miss a televised game, bunch of nobs. Even worse are those that started the FCUM bull****, who made there own team and compared what happened to them to what happened to Wimbledon. It isn't close you self righteous morons! An American took over and made you better than you possibly ever have been, wimbledon fans had their team stolen from them ffs, how is that the same?! If they were playing against a team comprised of Hitler and his mates, there STILL wouldn't be any contest for who I was supporting!!!

:rant.sml:

Edited by LeylandLatic

I can't believe anyone can bring themselves to support United in anyway, they make me physically sick. They're exactly what's wrong with football and their fans are completely ignorant to it all and have some ridiculous idea that the whole footballing world revolves around them. The amount of clowns who think they're massive fans because they never miss a televised game, bunch of nobs. Even worse are those that started the FCUM bull****, who made there own team and compared what happened to them to what happened to Wimbledon. It isn't close you self righteous morons! An American took over and made you better than you possibly ever have been, wimbledon fans had their team stolen from them ffs, how is that the same?! If they were playing against a team comprised of Hitler and his mates, there STILL wouldn't be any contest for who I was supporting!!!

:rant.sml:

My god......I thank you for writing everything I wanted to but don't need to now!!! What a superb post....I'm actually astounded at the closeness of the first 40 votes on this topic!!! But some of our lot do astound me from time to time!!! (NB: Don't bother replying to that saying it's a ######, higher moral, superfan stance coz I really don't give a ######!!!)

The Red Scum are pure filth...they stole our greatest moments....twice!!! They put PLC on their badge....they cheat, they point at others and call them for the things they've always done themselves. I actually feel these days that they've become more liked by some due to Arsenal and Chelski becoming more disliked for their arrogance and in Chelski's terms...the spraying around of more money than you can shake a stick at. So many forgetting who turned a sport into a business and began the divide in the leagues with their brand making of a team!!! Right back from the days of the Busby Babes and the milking of the Munich Air Disaster. Those who died must be turning in their graves at how it's been marketed over the years!!!

So much more that could be said....singing Argentina songs, Anti-England songs and stuff about "That boy Ronaldo makes England look ######" etc.....so, so, so much more but no point.....

Scum!!! I'm ABU and proud!!!

Edited by boundaryblue80