Fans on pitch

No fear lads. Me and Mark will engage one of them in a reasonable discussion about the implementation of their policy. Then, while the attack dogs are chewing our balls and the heavies are getting the pools ready for our electric waterboarding with the pride of Syrian intelligence, the rest of you can walk onto the pitch, put a tent up and have a three day rave-up

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a load of ######ing rubbish spouted on this one....which I expected to be too!!! My god....

First of all....funny how nobody has mentioned Scunny away....and that was only an equaliser! I bet some on here (adults too!) slaggin off the kids behaviour were on the pitch there! To get so upset about it is pathetic.....I actually stood there and saw the positives from it.....and thought maybe some of them will remember their first trip to the Latics when they ran on when Lewis scored the winner vs Cheltenham. And that it might cement something in them to follow the club......I'm sure every single whinger on here has done something against the rulebook involved with the Latics in their youth and recall it fondly in the pub many a time!

Get a grip chaps (and chapesses)......it really was miniscule in the world of bad behaving!

Edited by boundaryblue80

Cant believe so many people are upset by this. Yes running on for the goal was wrong but it was obviously going to happen I don't think Allesandra minded being mobbed for scoring the winner.

As for running on at the end thats tradition, no way I was going to run on on saturday but can't believe everyone is so upset, it was just kids who want a chance to mob their heroes. But some on here want to ban them for life so they end up watching united on tele and are attendances dwindle further.

As for people saying it should never be done and they have never done it then I feel sorry for you. At the age of 7 I ran on after we had secured the championship, it took my dad 30 minutes to find me. I ran on when we beat City and tried my best last season at Scunny. If that makes me such a bad football fan then so be it. But for me thats what footballs about, sharing the passion with the players at such a great time.

Guest oa_exile
What a load of ######ing rubbish spouted on this one....which I expected to be too!!! My god....

First of all....funny how nobody has mentioned Scunny away....and that was only an equaliser! I bet some on here (adults too!) slaggin off the kids behaviour were on the pitch there! To get so upset about it is pathetic.....I actually stood there and saw the positives from it.....and thought maybe some of them will remember their first trip to the Latics when they ran on when Lewis scored the winner vs Cheltenham. And that it might cement something in them to follow the club......I'm sure every single whinger on here has done something against the rulebook involved with the Latics in their youth and recall it fondly in the pub many a time!

Get a grip chaps (and chapesses)......it really was miniscule in the world of bad behaving!

I would go on , but probably cant get over the wall :blink:

Still laugh to myself about Scunny last season , fans spilling onto the pitch :lol:

Your right everyone likes to talk with there mates ......... "Remember when............"

My opinion exactly. The way people are going on about it, it was worse than the Luton V's Millwall FA Cup match in '85.

The people on here need to get a grip, moaning about such minor incidents.

Oldham fans are one of the best behaved clubs in the league, remember that.

:bluearmy::chubb:

My opinion exactly. The way people are going on about it, it was worse than the Luton V's Millwall FA Cup match in '85.

The people on here need to get a grip, moaning about such minor incidents.

Oldham fans are one of the best behaved clubs in the league, remember that.

:bluearmy::chubb:

i have been known on occasions to grace the hallowed turf of boundry park at the end of the season,most notebly when we got promoted after beating the wendies,i was actually sat in the dug out trying to wrestle signed balls from youngsters,lol

think the last time was when moore kept us up,with andyb100 sean chickers n one or two others.

there isnt any harm in it really.

i do agree it was maybe foolish slightly after the goal,but thats kids for ya,the excitment and all that.

but noharm when the game is over......i would imagine the main reason people are having a go is because we could be fined for it

I have never understood the attraction of running onto the pitch. Sprint into the centre circle, jump up and down for a bit, and run back into the stand. Talk about utterly pointless!!

Do they not feel like total pillocks!

"YAY! I'm on the pitch, lets have a little forward roll in the sand. Oh, better scarper back before some other scally chav nicks my Burberry clone from my seat. oh yeah, by the way, What are we celebrating again? Oh yeah, a mid table finish."

It's a "tradition" that should have died out years ago, along with 5 year old chimney sweeps and the compulsory drowning of witches.

I take it you haven't been to Denshaw recently!!

Try this on a Mac and you get the glorious message "LICENSE REQUEST FAILURED".

Apart from the fact they can't spell "licence", whatever happened to the word "failed"?

Anyone know how I can watch highlights on my Mac? It's great being part of an oppressed minority.

:cardinal:

Guest oa_exile
Try this on a Mac and you get the glorious message "LICENSE REQUEST FAILURED".

Apart from the fact they can't spell "licence", whatever happened to the word "failed"?

Anyone know how I can watch highlights on my Mac? It's great being part of an oppressed minority.

:cardinal:

LaticsWorld :lol:

I found out yesterday that my step son (12 years old) was one of the ones on the pitch. He was sat with his mates from school so im afraid it was a bit of peer pressure in his case as he knows how i feel about people running on the pitch.

I explained to him that what he did was breaking the law, he said "Yeah, but my mates did it". I explained to him that his mates wont be paying towards his "Fine" from his birthday money if the club get charged for it. His "Fine" will go towards Ernie Cooksie, so everyone benefits. Ernie gets that bit extra, and my lad learns that breaking the law costs you in one way or another.

I hate the fact that people run on the pitch at the end of season, it means i cant show my appreciation to the kids as there is always some numpty who wants to make a name for himself by punching the big owl. The one who tried it last season won ttry it again though, he tasted my knuckles in return for hitting me. Dont think they were to his liking though :grin:

I found out yesterday that my step son (12 years old) was one of the ones on the pitch. He was sat with his mates from school so im afraid it was a bit of peer pressure in his case as he knows how i feel about people running on the pitch.

I explained to him that what he did was breaking the law, he said "Yeah, but my mates did it". I explained to him that his mates wont be paying towards his "Fine" from his birthday money if the club get charged for it. His "Fine" will go towards Ernie Cooksie, so everyone benefits. Ernie gets that bit extra, and my lad learns that breaking the law costs you in one way or another.

I hate the fact that people run on the pitch at the end of season, it means i cant show my appreciation to the kids as there is always some numpty who wants to make a name for himself by punching the big owl. The one who tried it last season won ttry it again though, he tasted my knuckles in return for hitting me. Dont think they were to his liking though :grin:

lol....his fine from his birthday money ? :lol sorry thats just a little sad :D

Why's it sad? He doesnt earn money himself as he doesnt have a part time job. How else will i teach him that breaking the law costs him? He wants to use the money to buy a game for his console, this way he has to make up for it to gain the lost money back. You failed to see that a worthy cause is the main benefit from all this.

Why's it sad? He doesnt earn money himself as he doesnt have a part time job. How else will i teach him that breaking the law costs him? He wants to use the money to buy a game for his console, this way he has to make up for it to gain the lost money back. You failed to see that a worthy cause is the main benefit from all this.

In this day and age I do critise the way some parents bring up there children so to be fair I respect you showing the lad right from wrong...and its up to you how you deal with your kids....

But seriously....this is hardly shop lifting and i reckon there was 0% chance of the police nicking him for it :D

I dont know, im from the old school of football fan .... :D ...it really isnt that big of a deal :lol:

My dad alwats tought me right from wrong, with a stern hand at times, but Im sure he would of found all this more funny than worrying :)

Edited by oafc0000

What I don't get is if the club don't want people on the pitch, why don't they put stewards on the inside of the stand, rather than on the pitch. Lot harder to get past a load of stewards preventing you climbing up, rather than trying to stop you when you're already half way over.

What I don't get is if the club don't want people on the pitch, why don't they put stewards on the inside of the stand, rather than on the pitch. Lot harder to get past a load of stewards preventing you climbing up, rather than trying to stop you when you're already half way over.

To be fair the only way to stop people getting on the pitch is to have shoulder to shoulder stewards.......

Looking at the highlights seems to confirm there was only about four stewards for the whole stand!

There might be a silver lining in this cloud... if we're fined because the stewards didn't do their job properly, who do you think the first casualty will be? Yep 'Special Events' or Needs or whatever they're called. Straight out the door.

couple of thoughts - firstly, good on you chaddy, you teach kids a lesson by punishing them where it hurst most, ie if he wants a game for his computer, take his money off him, like you say, its just like the fine he would receive to be bound over fro breach of the peace.

secondly, in general terms, bit of an over reaction to the whole pitch invasion thing, especially if its coming from older ones - christ did you not go in the 70's and 80's? (and before anyone gets all sanctimonious any disaster from then had other contributing factors) as has been stated on here, if it gets kids hooked, good stuff, keep 'em coming back for more, and it is ENTERTAINMENT at the end of the day, dont know who posted it but the middle class comment earlier on was spot on.

thirdly, the club wont be fined, will get a warning/suspended fine pending next season (which could be a problem if promotions secured on the last day!)

Finally, may get slaughtered for this but hey ho, cant really complain about kids breaking the law and punishing kids for their wrongs etc etc and then state that you hit someone back and appear to revel in it a little bit.

Does anyone else think that we won't get fined I mean its not like alot of damage was done was it.

Kids let in for half price on the final day of the season who have probably been scoffing e numbers all day they weren't exactly threatening. To compare these school kids with the leeds nuckle draggers who tried to get their very important game abandoned last season is pretty laughable. They were just annnoying in a kiddish kind of way more than they were threatening.

Edited by GlossopLatic