Do you expect Latics to get promoted next season?

the_mighty_bosh

Do you expect Latics to get promoted next season?  

146 members have voted

1. 1. Do you expect Latics to get promoted next season?

• Yes
    • No

My first poll so it may need altering from the Mods...

Sorted!

Obviously we all want us to do it, but when predicting league positions for next year would you put Latics amongst the top 2 or top 6?

Edited by sheridans_world
Removed Multiple Choice

Its got to be a YES as its a YES every year. But this time a definate YES injuries permitting. A full season from Hughes, Gregan might make the difference.

Very difficult to just say a straight yes or no with so many other contributing factors to consider.

Players In/Out, and if we have another season for injuries like this one then a definate no.

I agree Greganator alot depends on keeping the likes of Hughes and Gregan fit for the biggest part of the season and on that basis I've said no as I'm not convinced we can keep those two (especially Hughes) fit for long enough.

Not quite as easy as that.

It is unreasonable to EXPECT promotion. Of course I WANT and HOPE for promotion, but what I EXPECT is a sustained and realistic promotion challenge. If pushed, then I suppose I EXPECT top 6.

If you EXPECT promotion, and then we finish 3rd and are cruelly beaten on penalties in the play-off final, would any of you claim that constitutes failure and we should sack the manager?

Not quite as easy as that.

It is unreasonable to EXPECT promotion. Of course I WANT and HOPE for promotion, but what I EXPECT is a sustained and realistic promotion challenge. If pushed, then I suppose I EXPECT top 6.

If you EXPECT promotion, and then we finish 3rd and are cruelly beaten on penalties in the play-off final, would any of you claim that constitutes failure and we should sack the manager?

thats exactly the point, even if we assembled a sqaud made up of some of the best players across the world I still wouldn't EXPECT promotion. If you do then you've got a very big chance of being dissapointed

thats exactly the point, even if we assembled a sqaud made up of some of the best players across the world I still wouldn't EXPECT promotion. If you do then you've got a very big chance of being dissapointed

Err... if our starting Line up looked like this:

Casillas

Zannetti Nesta Puyol Alves

Ronaldo Fabregas Kaka Messi

Torres Eto'o

Subs: Ronaldinho, Cech, Gerrard, Terry, Rooney

Then I think I might EXPECT promotion from League 1!

... as we wont, then I guess I'll just accept a decent season around the top 6 - any more is a bonus...

i personally don't EXPECT to get promoted...

i WANT to get promoted though..

like other posters, i think with the right balance, limited injuries and hitting the ground running for a change, we'll hopefully be in the mix come this time next season...

season ticket done and dusted this afters too.... roll on august!

I believe we will get promoted, although I don’t expect it. That’s nature of being a football fan for me.

like when I get asked by mates 'do you think you'll win?' Most times I'll respond with 'We can win, but wheather we do or not is another question'

I'm quite looking forward to losing the first game of the season...always seems to be those teams that end up promoted!! :naughty:

ps. no stats to back this up just seems to happen.

If we do lose our first game of the season then we can prepare ourselves for the knee jerk reaction and call for Shez's head from some on here.

Edited by Hometownclub

Guest sheridans_world

Similar to others, I dont expect it. I want it! I believe we can get promoted!

No doubt we will play Southampton/Leicester at their place the first game of the season.

I expect Promotion and at least one Cup (Preferably the FA), plus a major ex-prem signing to show the TTA mean business.

* Sits back and awaits whoosh replies from certain quarters *

I expect Promotion and at least one Cup (Preferably the FA), plus a major ex-prem signing to show the TTA mean business.

Have no problem with this. We've been so close to grabbing the Machester Senior Cup in the last few years then next season we should make a push for it.

That should finally be the definitive answer to Corp Jones and his bleatings about lack of ambition.

Have no problem with this. We've been so close to grabbing the Machester Senior Cup in the last few years then next season we should make a push for it.

That should finally be the definitive answer to Corp Jones and his bleatings about lack of ambition.

I'll book the open-top bus in anticipation :D

Call yourself a fan? Go and watch Man Utd if that's what you expect.

*I aim to please* :wink:

If we do lose our first game of the season then we can prepare ourselves for the knee jerk reaction and call for Shez's head from some on here.

True. Wonder if the swans were doing the same re: Martinez this season, after our somewhat fortunate win. Hopefully some will remember that Swansea didn't hit top spot properly until November, and look at them. It's a marathon (snickers -for the youngsters) not a sprint after all and there aren't many marathon winners that sprint off the line and still end up first.

3 or 4 signings added to what we've got, a decent physio in place and a bit of luck and we could be challenging whoever else is in the division.

I'm quite looking forward to losing the first game of the season...always seems to be those teams that end up promoted!! :naughty:

ps. no stats to back this up just seems to happen.

Not really, at least not for champions anyway.......but playing

us seems a good way to do it :blink:

08 Swans L (at BP)

07 Scunny L

06 Southend L

05 Luton W (Latics 2-1)

04 Plymouth D

03 Wigwam W

02 Brighton D

01 Millwall W

00 Preston W (1-0 at BP)

99 Fulham W