Gregan at Crewe

Don't think it's been mentioned much, but I thought Gregan was pretty much back to his best on Saturday. Their forwards were bricking it every time he came out for a ball in the air, he was clearing out the ball and man every time. It was awesome the way he chased their player all the way out to the touchline, took the ball off it and played the pass to set us off for Eardley's first (I think :drinking::blush: ). With a good pre season behind him he's be ready to kick some serious arse next season.

Don't think it's been mentioned much, but I thought Gregan was pretty much back to his best on Saturday. Their forwards were bricking it every time he came out for a ball in the air, he was clearing out the ball and man every time. It was awesome the way he chased their player all the way out to the touchline, took the ball off it and played the pass to set us off for Eardley's first (I think :drinking::blush: ). With a good pre season behind him he's be ready to kick some serious arse next season.

nah it was Allesandras neat little touch for Eardleys first, but even though he was probably the fattest player on the pitch (he has been out for a long time) he was still better than any Crewe player

Really?? A fair few on here have had me believe he is too fat/slow/nasty and ought to be released!

Those who dont like him beggar belief. As well as all his obvious strengths he's probably our best passer! As for being a hard man just last week I was arguing with a red about who's harder between Greegs and Vidic and then right on cue Drogba knocked Vidic out :grin:

Really?? A fair few on here have had me believe he is too fat/slow/nasty and ought to be released!

Those who dont like him beggar belief. As well as all his obvious strengths he's probably our best passer! As for being a hard man just last week I was arguing with a red about who's harder between Greegs and Vidic and then right on cue Drogba knocked Vidic out :grin:

i dont like gregan 1 bit. hes too slow, always tries to play the offside trap then when it doesnt work his mistake costs us. however id have him in the team before john thompson anyday, deffo need a new centre back in the summer

i dont like gregan 1 bit. hes too slow, always tries to play the offside trap then when it doesnt work his mistake costs us. however id have him in the team before john thompson anyday, deffo need a new centre back in the summer

You are having a laugh aren't you Nes? I nominate that post as Most Ridiculous Post Ever Seen on Any Website In The World. Ever.

Gregan was first off the pitch at Crewe, where is the commitment,leadership and gratitude to the fans turning up in fantastic numbers yet again for a meaningless game.Journeyman professional on the slide.

Maybe he was desperate for the loo!!!

Gregan was first off the pitch at Crewe, where is the commitment,leadership and gratitude to the fans turning up in fantastic numbers yet again for a meaningless game.Journeyman professional on the slide.

I wouldn't mind this being double checked as although i'd had a fair bit to drink, Gregan was definitely there amongst the rest of them showing his appreciation at the end.

Some fans really do surprise me with what they see, he was best player on the park by a country mile on saturday and there was some outstanding performances from others too.

I wouldn't mind this being double checked as although i'd had a fair bit to drink, Gregan was definitely there amongst the rest of them showing his appreciation at the end.

Some fans really do surprise me with what they see, he was best player on the park by a country mile on saturday and there was some outstanding performances from others too.

Some just havent a clue and seem to think stupidity can be justified by giving it the old "well it's my opinion arent I entitiled to it?". Although I think latics jan and nesbit are guilty of a bit of a :whoosh: attempt in this case. I hope anyway.

Some just havent a clue and seem to think stupidity can be justified by giving it the old "well it's my opinion arent I entitiled to it?". Although I think latics jan and nesbit are guilty of a bit of a :whoosh: attempt in this case. I hope anyway.

Yeh, I didn't comment or reply as I just assumed and hoped it must be whoosh, if not then :shock::omg:

Best player on the field Saturday and best Centre Half at the club, what on earth are some people watching and thinking.

I have to say, I forgot how good he was when he was on-loan with us. We signed him permanently and his form wasn't as good as it was. However, he's come back after his injury, and I love the guy again; he's been fantastic. He isn't scared to get stuck in, he batters strikers when he's on his day, and he's had more good days than bad since he's come back.

He reads the game, leads the side, and I hope he can have a very good pre-season, and is lining up for us next season.

Didn't go on Saturday as we went away for the weekend and stayed with some Leicester fans which was fun! What was the formation if Eardley played in midfield again?

Crossley

Lomax

Hazell

Gregan

Taylor

McD

Allott

Eardley

Smalley

Lewis

Wolfy

Although, it was a bit like Wolfy up top (who again - after a run of games now too - showed it's time to shake hands and part company with) others in behind....4-3-2-1 maybe? Was partying more than concentrating on the game on this one :grin:

Edited by boundaryblue80

Although, it was a bit like Wolfy up top (who again - after a run of games now too - showed it's time to shake hands and part company with) others in behind....4-3-2-1 maybe? Was partying more than concentrating on the game on this one :grin:

It’s all a bit vague to me as well, but at times Wolfy seemed to be playing wide left similarly to how he did that home game where he only played first half. Which I am also a bit vague about :blink:

It’s all a bit vague to me as well, but at times Wolfy seemed to be playing wide left similarly to how he did that home game where he only played first half. Which I am also a bit vague about :blink:

I didn't realise he went off in that game until at least the 75th minute.

I didn't realise he went off in that game until at least the 75th minute.

My mate didnt even realise he'd been on in the first half and was surprised to realise he wasn't subbed on at HT but had actually been playing for the whole first 45!

My mate didnt even realise he'd been on in the first half and was surprised to realise he wasn't subbed on at HT but had actually been playing for the whole first 45!

Wolfy was poor against a poor RB showed his class for me today. Doesnt read the game that well and not strong enough.

Just to clear that up, Wolfy says he went off cos he'd picked up a knock in training and playing had aggravated it