Micah Richards

Rumours of him leaving are once again rife.

It seems a pretty sure thing he wont be turning out for City again........I wonder just how we will get screwed in the end??

£20M to scum

£20M to scum/arsenal

Scum again....

It may be paper talk but there is no smoke without fire.....how would nice would it be to collect the mancs money?? Something will go wrong though....wont it?

Richards could be an ideal replacement for Gary Neville. It is understood the United manager has been alerted to the England player's unease at City.

Get in........ Quickly......PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Although Wes Brown has had a decent season and signed a new contract...

If he is sold, do we get 20% of the whole fee, or minus agents fee's ect.?

and what if he is sold to someone like Manure, who never pay the full fee upfront? do we get 20% in full, or 20% of every installment city will get (which could be over a number of years)?

Wes Brown is the new Michael Clegg.

I'd take Wes Brown tomorrow even thou I couldnt forgive his red breed. If he's the new Michael Clegg, Rio must be the new Kilcline.

Edited by Lags

Guest oa_exile
If he is sold, do we get 20% of the whole fee, or minus agents fee's ect.?

and what if he is sold to someone like Manure, who never pay the full fee upfront? do we get 20% in full, or 20% of every installment city will get (which could be over a number of years)?

Good question(s) , I would make an assumption that we will get 20% of the full selling price , how that will be paid WE are not privy to that info.

Did you see that Everton are still receiving monies for Rooney , so the Manure theory about payment schedules could be spot on.

Usually with these deals the player is given a value - tax purposes more than anything (ex agents fees etc), which then triggers the % to be paid. As it is classed as 'outstanding finance' on the purchasing club it is usually the case that the % clause is one of the first things to be paid.

However, you would expect (for such an amount) that citee would probably look to strike a deal with us to pay the % in installments. That's of course unless Frank gets involved in which case it could get interesting!! The other thing that might cloud things is the fact that the new contract he signed in Feb has probably got all kinds of clauses in there...they may have an impact on things. At the end of the day I'd gladly take that amount over a couple of years!!!!

That's my understanding of these things anyway. I know these rumours have been circulated before, but they have never been this regular and (perhaps most tellingly) in several different papers. Believe it when I see it though.

Guest oa_exile
Usually with these deals the player is given a value - tax purposes more than anything (ex agents fees etc), which then triggers the % to be paid. As it is classed as 'outstanding finance' on the purchasing club it is usually the case that the % clause is one of the first things to be paid.

However, you would expect (for such an amount) that citee would probably look to strike a deal with us to pay the % in installments. That's of course unless Frank gets involved in which case it could get interesting!! The other thing that might cloud things is the fact that the new contract he signed in Feb has probably got all kinds of clauses in there...they may have an impact on things. At the end of the day I'd gladly take that amount over a couple of years!!!!

That's my understanding of these things anyway. I know these rumours have been circulated before, but they have never been this regular and (perhaps most tellingly) in several different papers. Believe it when I see it though.

Surely the "Method of payment" would have been written into the original agreement between Citeh and ourselves ?

£5M all at once is better though as we make interest on the full amount from day one where as payment in dribs and drabs will probably be used to pay of the overdraft.

Good question(s) , I would make an assumption that we will get 20% of the full selling price , how that will be paid WE are not privy to that info.

Did you see that Everton are still receiving monies for Rooney , so the Manure theory about payment schedules could be spot on.

Yeah Everton already got £1mil this season with an extra 500k if scum win the champions league! i also see Shrewsbury will get £500k this week if Joe Hart plays for England! I just hope someone comes in for Micah now!

EDIT: beat me to it jorvik

Edited by Gaz_Oafc

The fact is City are leaking money ... their new owners as put as much as he is going to do into the club, he hasn't got much more left to spend anyhow.

Richards signed a new deal after xmas which clearly showed me he was leaving in the summer. It is common practice when a player his likely to leave that a new agreement is reach by both so that

1. This pumps up the price the club can demand and

2. it does the same for the wages the player is likely to get at his new club.

A win win situation

City offered to buy out his clause a few years ago for a million or so once his potential transfer fee became clear........ I suspect that any money due to us will be in one sum. City will try to strik a deal..... we owe them nothing.

Richards may actually want to win things / play in Europe ... he's got a cat in hells chance to do that at City.

...I wonder just how we will get screwed in the end??

....how would nice would it be to collect the mancs money??

....Something will go wrong though....wont it?

Been supporting Latics too long but I have given up on the Micah money. I really hope I am wrong and would love it, love it if we get a tasty £4m, even if it is in installments - would be even sweeter if we get it from Manure too.

Surely the "Method of payment" would have been written into the original agreement between Citeh and ourselves ?

£5M all at once is better though as we make interest on the full amount from day one where as payment in dribs and drabs will probably be used to pay of the overdraft.

Please stop showing this highly disturbing picture. It puts me off my food>

Please stop showing this highly disturbing picture. It puts me off my food>

Try embracing the new side of your sexuality that has been awoken by it. I also used to be repressed, but now I’m perfectly happy to be the object of sexual desire from both men and women, although personally I wouldn’t be able to respond physically to you, not being of that persuasion myself.

Re: Micah – I can’t ever see Arsenal spending anything like £20m on a defender, simple as that. The Redd Sox might, although personally I see Micah as a CB more than a RB, so would he want to take Handsome Gary’s place? Added to which, Neville will play if he gets fit enough ever again, and with Vidic and Ferdinand looking so good :shock: as a partnership he might end up as a very expensive substitute. Gutted that Chelsea looks like a no-no. I’ve a feeling that he might end up at Liverpool, or find himself the subject of a silly offer from Newcastle or Villa.

In the age of the top teams playing 60 games or so a season, plus more if a far east tour is arranged then having a player who can play right back, central defence or as a defensive midfielder might be a bargain at £20m+

He is only early 20s too and Rio is in his early 30s now I think so he could be the long term replacement, even if Rio goes on for another 5 years they will still get a lot of mileage out of Micah. Pique doesn't look like making the breakthrough into the first team and utd haven't looked as convincing when either Rio or Vidic have been out.

Plus by buying Micah they stop Chelsea, Liverpool or Arsenal getting him and that has to surely be worth a lot more than £20m.

I can't him being sold for 20million. Thats crazy money.

Yes but so is £18M for Hargreaves, £16M for Carrick, £30M for Shevchenko, £30M for Rio......

I CAN see him sold for that or even more.

19 years old, physically awesome (seemingly more important than ability these days), 12 England caps, wanted by ALL the top clubs. Plus Man U will have to pay an extra premium if he comes from city AND they know we get a big cut bumping citys demands up further.......I wouldnt be surprised if he goes for £30M, like Rio did!

Taggart is gonna pay through the nose for Richards.

Because he wants him and he can! Must be nice to have the money available. When you think about it a ready made Neville replacement and potential to be Ferdinands long term replacement and versatile at CB as cover now, Europe and England prospects enhanced.

If a move to Motherwell for Porter was a good move then Richards to United is Perfect for us, him and United. Only city fans would be upset so nothing to worry about there. Hes also dating Helen Flanagan in Manchester so even better on the WAG front for him.

is in two or three papers today that united are after a pair of brazilians,one of them alves,who is the next big thing in the right back position,and would get him and a striker both for under 30 million.

i can defo see him leaving city as he isnt happy with erickson being sacked,it is muted richard dunne is heading for newcastle and i wouldnt be suprised if king kev went for him,if for no other reason than getting one over on tagget.....people who say they cant really see him moving for silly money should open there eyes to what is happeing in the transfer battles....he will go and it will be a mega move,and we will cash in

Guest oa_exile
Things could be getting expensive for City. If Joe Hart gets capped by England, they will have to pay half a mil to Shrewsbury. Get Micah sold!

The fact is City are leaking money ... their new owners as put as much as he is going to do into the club, he hasn't got much more left to spend anyhow.

Plus if Sven is shown the door that will cost them a pretty penny to pay up his contract up :)

Yes but so is £18M for Hargreaves, £16M for Carrick, £30M for Shevchenko, £30M for Rio......

I CAN see him sold for that or even more.

Manure usually make one BIG signing a season , maybe , just maybe Richards is the BIG signing this time B)

Please stop showing this highly disturbing picture. It puts me off my food

Priceless :grin: I assume you dont like my "Off season" Sig ? :unsure: , New season cant come soon enough for some then ? :lol:

Out of the top four I can only see him going to United. Chelsea have just signed their right-back, Arsenal haven't spent more than £13 million on a player since Wenger arrived and I'm guessing Benitez won't have a clue how much he has to spend at Liverpool with the petty boardroom bitching going on there.

Only United could afford to pay £20million + on him but if Richards is adamant at leaving to compete in Europe perhaps the only other clubs he could seriously look at are Everton, Aston Villa and Tottenham, the first two are very stable clubs very much on the up and with Ramos at Tottenham they should be up there next season and the defence is something Spurs definately need to improve! We'd probably get less if he went to any of those clubs but we would still be talking a hell of a lot of money coming our way.

Still I'll be amazed if Richards does leave City, depends what happens this summer there. I'm sure he won't be happy at losing Sven as manager but with Big Phil reportedly coming in I'm sure that'll be enough to keep him there.

I'm sure he won't be happy at losing Sven as manager but with Big Phil reportedly coming in I'm sure that'll be enough to keep him there.

I didn't even think Phil Jupitus was a good captain on Never Mind The Buzzcocks.