Day Trippers!

I SHOULD be managing various marketing campaigns on Google instead however i spend my days bored out of my mind in an office wasting away the hours on various forums until its 1730 and i can escape!!

Are the rest of the daytime forum users also skiving office monkeys??

To make things worse i sit next to an avid Man U fan and have to hear about how amazingly good they are all week, does any one else share my pain??!:(

I would post more often but its difficult in an open plan office there is bosses all over the place!!

I SHOULD be managing various marketing campaigns on Google instead however i spend my days bored out of my mind in an office wasting away the hours on various forums until its 1730 and i can escape!!

To make things worse i sit next to an avid Man U fan and have to hear about how amazingly good they are all week, does any one else share my pain??!:(

I would post more often but its difficult in an open plan office there is bosses all over the place!!

I too am a skiving office monkey.

I sit next to 2 united fans and 1 liverpool fan.

My days are filled with endless "i like Oldham, is Joe Royle still in charge?".

:disappointed:

I too am a skiving office monkey.

I sit next to 2 united fans and 1 liverpool fan.

My days are filled with endless "i like Oldham, is Joe Royle still in charge?".

:disappointed:

Add me too the list... well it is friday.. i have a Goooner to the right and a Luton fan to the left ohhh the joy..

I think the more pertinent question would be "Is anyone here not a skiving office monkey?"

I've managed to back myself into a corner where there are walls at my left, right and back and I look out so I can get up to anything (that won't get detected). Music on headphones, and just gradually make the work last long so people get used to it taking that amount of time. Then plan next years holidays/away days to the minutest detail in the gaping spaces in my schedule.

It's a hard life.

Add me too the list... well it is friday.. i have a Goooner to the right and a Luton fan to the left ohhh the joy..

I am an IT tech sat in an office with 2 united fans, a chelsea fan in the next office who strangley has had a holiday this week! Dont know why... Also a Spaniard who supports Athletico. I do work in Cheadle so its mainly Utd

Im the only Oldham fan keeping it real.

One thing in common.

We all hate Leeds.. ahhh

Sat on my todd, very rarely bothered and browse forums all day long bored out of my skull.

Only other footy fan here is a Norwich supporter.

What other forums do people visit then? Apart from here Facebook Scoobynet an a private forum I cant give out thats about it. Pistonheads is worth a look sometimes too.

The worst thing i find with the supporters of the big 4 teams is that they tell you nothing new...you get bombarded with their games on TV so you have already seen the games then you have to listen about how the game was and how amazing they are again the next day, then you get bombarded by all their press coverage so you again have to listen to all the rumours and mind games which are going on which you have already read about in the paper AAHHHH!!!

Much prefer to chat to fans of the teams you dont hear about 24/7 and how they are getting on, the majority of Premiership teams fall into this category as well.

Sat on my todd, very rarely bothered and browse forums all day long bored out of my skull.

Only other footy fan here is a Norwich supporter.

What other forums do people visit then? Apart from here Facebook Scoobynet an a private forum I cant give out thats about it. Pistonheads is worth a look sometimes too.

Football365 is not bad - some funny posts etc on there, its very popular so you have to sift through a lot of crap as well!

Yep skivving office monkey here too.

I sit next to a Blackburn Rovers fan (only to be expected as I work in Blackburn).

The big boss of the whole caboodle is a dirty Leeds fan <_<

There is also a Huddersfield fan, a Bolton fan and a Burnley fan in the building.

I too am a skivving office monkey.

Where my monitor is though it can be seen as you come into my office so ive got the skill of dropping the window thats open down to a fine art.

That backfired though yesterday when i decided to play about with my computer and rotated my whole screen 180 degrees. When someone came in i tried to move the mouse down to close it and ended up with the cursor at the top of the screen and someone behind me just laughing at me as they knew they had caught me.

Not been bad this week though, my director was in Taiwan on business, its been like the last day at school before the summer holidays all week (apart from we got paid for this). I have been flying a remote control helicopter round the board room for two days, highly amusing.

Another skiving office monkey here.

My PC faces the door unfortunately, so I have to be careful. I have fine-tuned my hearing to recognise the door down the corridor going meaning someone is coming this way, but it's quite a busy building, so it's really hard to concentrate :mad: .

I should be writing reports and making phone calls, but now instead of sitting wishing I was outside in the sun, I'm sitting bemoaning the end of our summer!

I think it's time for a fag break............ B)

Another skiving office monkey here.

My PC faces the door unfortunately, so I have to be careful. I have fine-tuned my hearing to recognise the door down the corridor going meaning someone is coming this way, but it's quite a busy building, so it's really hard to concentrate :mad: .

I should be writing reports and making phone calls, but now instead of sitting wishing I was outside in the sun, I'm sitting bemoaning the end of our summer!

I think it's time for a fag break............ B)

Used to be an office monkey, although I'd try and get out to site as often as I could but I am truly grateful to you lot on this thread for reminding why I quit my job and retrained. Prisoners the lot of yer!

I too am an Office Skiving Monkey where i have been caught that many times i think my boss has just given up and doesn't bother sayin anythin anymore :)

Sat in a room full of plastic Manure fans who when you ask "Who are they playin this weekend then?" they just look at you like you have 3 heads and respond with a guess of a random club....most not even in the Prem!

Used to be an office monkey, although I'd try and get out to site as often as I could but I am truly grateful to you lot on this thread for reminding why I quit my job and retrained. Prisoners the lot of yer!

Having said that my last office was quite good fun with some cracking banter between the estimators and QS's, they knocked down the partitions and we were all herded into a massive open plan office, personally it felt more like a sodding corridor with everybody cutting through and mithering. Anyhow we had me a Latic, a Dale Fan, St.Mirren fan, Citeh fan, United fan and interestingly Dinamo Tblisi fan (think they renamed to summat else though) AND my director was a dirty Leeds Scum fan! So the banter eas great, apart from the Monday morning after the Cardiff defeat when they all lay in wait. I had weeks of everything being seven................................

Another office slack-monkey here. I use an alternative tactic, I just use the internet completely blatantly, although I sit in the middle of the Senior Management team. My job gets done, regardless of how late I have to stay or whether I have to come in on the weekend, so I don’t really expect to be picked up over things like that. Likewise, I come in any time I feel like it within reason. It’s amazing what you can get away with if you just assume it’s OK and perfectly normal! There’s a couple of Palace fans in my area, and all sorts in the company, including plastic scousers (both flavours), Mancs, Chelsea new and old, West Ham, Bournemouth, Bromley and many many more. Aside from me there are two other Celts, both of whom are still wearing big grins!

I use a couple of indiepop forums, which have decent footy parts on them, and also Shane Meadows' forum. Cod Almighty's always a good read once a day and then it's Facebook, F5ing the fishul and trawling Wikipedia for useless facts.

It's great today, got 5live extra for live cricket commentry all day!

Same here, screen faces the door. Only been hooked up to t'internet for a few weeks. As my job is under threat I blatantly use jobsearch sites all the time. When on owtb I have to listen for the door, though.

Edited by oafc_ok

I've just got my work lap top, so now I'll be able to not work from home as well as not working in the office :) As it happens I will often have enormous databases of personal information on it, what's the worst that could happen? :drinking::ohno:

I've just got my work lap top, so now I'll be able to not work from home as well as not working in the office :) As it happens I will often have enormous databases of personal information on it, what's the worst that could happen? :drinking::ohno:

Only just noticed this as I had a few busy days at the end of last week :grin:

My desk is at the back of the office but my monitor faces outwards so I have to be careful if someone creeps up on me. I am the only football (soccer?) fan in the office as everyone else is a yank. Although in the next cubicle (sic) a French lad and German lad have moved in recently. I told them I don't want to hear them talking about Euro 2008... I think they realized I was joking. :wink:

What Google marketing campaigns?

:towork::grin: