Dale at Wembley

Perkins' tackle didn't make contact with Ravenhill but that was more luck than judgment. He went in studs up and it was reckless, if he had made contact it could have been a broken foot. Then his reaction was completely OTT, petulant and unnecessary. Passions run high but he just lost control of himself. He may get it rescinded as there was no contact (not that RR made out there had been), but it was a daft thing to do and I don't have any sympathy. He was bobbins anyway.

Darlo were the better side no doubt, they faded until Dale got their aggregate leveller but looked dangerous going forward and should have won it in extra time. On that defensive performance, Dale would struggle with any side that plays the ball to the feet of the front men, they were being pulled all over the place. Darlo will rightly feel aggrieved not to be going through, and I expect the winner will come from the other semi final.

fans, darlo fans all agree that the better side won over two legs. Dale for the 2nd week running absolutely bossed the 2nd half. Had the better chances and looked the only side likely to score.

Well theres no point being bitter is there, the best team over two legs won.

darlo were happy to play keep ball and counter attack. They hit the bar but apart from that and the chance in extra time which should have been put away. They didnt really threaten alot. Dale hit the bar themselves. Rundles effort, the scramble in the box. two decent penalty claims in the 2nd half to name but a few. Does make me laugh though that dale's only player who can take a set peice is on the bench (muirhead) - cant fault Higginbotham though. He ran his arse off and was clearly knackered when he went off.

Up against it with a ref who didnt have a clue. He was by far the worst ref I have ever seen live. Never before have I seen so many basic errors made nevermind the big decisions which could have cost dale - in what is said to be a £400,000 game for the winner.

Both players went in studs showing, which is why perks complained as he did look like he was about to come off worse. What about 5 minute's after that when the darlo player stamped on the dale players head whilst he was on the floor. Ref had an Arsene wenger with that incident.

Perk's goal was pure quality. Just pleased my football season has been delayed by 3 weeks and I get to witness something I never thought I would with dale. Next week will be amazing. win or lose.

why do you think the vast majority of darlo fans stayed behind to watch the scenes infront of them and wished dale the best saying they deserved it. Even outside the ground.

Edited by Rocky_Latic

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Both players went in studs showing, which is why perks complained as he did look like he was about to come off worse. What about 5 minute's after that when the darlo player stamped on the dale players head whilst he was on the floor. Ref had an Arsene wenger with that incident.

Perk's goal was pure quality.

Have you seen the replays of either? The Darlo player, well he was running and definately tried to hurdle over the Dale player. Oh, and he didn't get his head, it was his chest. The Dale defender then started trying to 'even it up' and try and get him sent off, much to the bemusement of the Darlo players and the referee. Unsportsmanlike on behalf of Dale if anything.

Pure quality? If that's what you call a massive deflection then fair be it. In that case, Dagnall's goal in the first leg was 'pure quality' too.

Went to the game today and thoroughly enjoyed it. Thought that Dale were the better team. My 1st reaction was that it was a penalty to Darlo, but having seen it again on TV it clearly wasn't. Still it made up for the 1 they didn't get later when Jones had a Ferdinand moment.

The referee. Well those who went to Vale last season won't forget Bibby will they. He sent Shez to the stands and Poggi off. On todays performance he clearly has not improved at all. How the hell do the FA have assessors at matches and sessions with the refs and yet they cannot improve their basic standards is beyond me. I can't agree that Bibby was against Dale he is just a crap ref. Always has been and it looks like he always will be.

An appeal on the red card could go ether way. I hope it is overturned, because their were worse incidents in the match and Ravenhill should have walked during the Perkins incident as he should at least have had a yellow card and having already been booked for diving he would have gone as well. The stamp on the Dale player in the top corner looks like it was missed by the ref, although how intentional it was is debateable.

Any way good look to Dale at Wembley. I hope they win. I also hope Stockport win this afternoon to set up the all North West (Lancashire- Cheshire) final so that at least we are guaranteed a derby next season.

I know that the play offs dont always give a true picture of how good a team is and they tend to be tense affairs, but on todays showing, I don't think Dale will be a force in League 1 next season.

Cheers,

Harry

Nope. No luxury of replays for either of those. Only replay i've seen is the darlo penalty like i've said.

Couldnt care less now anyway to be honest. Though i've just seen the prices for wembley - 25,000 allocation. Tickets priced £26 - £56.

Gonna be an expensive weekend but I cant wait. B)

No they are both from Greater Manchester heres my prove. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stockport

I quote from your link:

In recent years, Stockport Metropolitan Borough Council has embarked on an ambitious regeneration scheme, known as Future Stockport. The plan is to bring over 3,000 residents into the centre of the town, and revitalise its residential property and retail markets, in a similar fashion to the nearby city of Manchester. Many ex-industrial areas around the town's core will be brought back into productive use as mixed-use residential and commercial developments.

Governance

Most of the town is within the historic county boundaries of Cheshire (south of the Mersey), although Reddish and the Four Heatons lay within the historic boundaries of Lancashire (north of the Mersey).

Civic history

The 1835 Municipal Corporations Act made Stockport a municipal borough divided into six wards with a council consisting of 14 Aldermen and 42 Councillors. In 1888, its status was raised to County Borough, becoming the County Borough of Stockport. In 1974, under the Local Government Act 1972 Stockport amalgamated with neighbouring districts to form the Unitary Authority of the Metropolitan Borough of Stockport in the now ceremonial metropolitan county of Greater Manchester.

NOTE: Ceremonial metropolitan county not geographical county.

Then this is what happened to the Greater Manchester County:

Greater Manchester County Council

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

• Ten things you may not know about Wikipedia •Jump to: navigation, search

Greater Manchester Council

Status

Type County council

Territory Greater Manchester

HQ GMC County Hall

Manchester

Civic arms

Coat of arms of Greater Manchester Council

History

Created 1974

Local Government Act 1972

Abolished 1986

Local Government Act 1985

The Greater Manchester County Council (also known as Greater Manchester Council and GMC) was, from 1974 to 1986, the upper-tier administrative body for Greater Manchester, a metropolitan county in North West England. It comprised 106 members drawn from the ten metropolitan boroughs of Greater Manchester.[1]

GMC existed for a total of twelve years. It was established on April 1, 1974 by the Local Government Act 1972. However, along with five other metropolitan county councils and the Greater London Council it was abolished on 31 March 1986 by the Local Government Act 1985.

So once and for all, let's not keep harping back to the period from 1974 to 1986.

If the time stamp is correct, many of the posts in this thread were made during the Cup Final. Has it lost so much of its magic, that people would rather sit at their computers reading and writing to a message board than watch ths Cup Final on the telly?

Or were you people at work skiving .

If the time stamp is correct, many of the posts in this thread were made during the Cup Final. Has it lost so much of its magic, that people would rather sit at their computers reading and writing to a message board than watch ths Cup Final on the telly?

Or were you people at work skiving .

I was at home, watching the cup final and updating to WindowsXP SP3.

Is this OK?

Last season I think Stockport won 3-1 at Rochdale and Rochdale won 7-2 at Edgeley Park, shortly after Stockport's 9 games without conceding a goal run had come to an end.

This season (from memory) Rochdale won 2-1 at Spotland and more recently County won 2-0 at Edgeley Park.

Stockport have managed to beat all the other sides in the top 7 this season (including away wins at the top 3). Because of this I think they are more likely to win the big one.

I also hate Rochdale despite living here for my whole life!! Think its because of some of the most totally blind disilusioned fans they have and i happen to know. They belive every player they have would walk into our team. And yes ive seen about 5 matches of Dale this season and there is not one i would consider taking. At all. Possibly Gary Jones-but even he is past it.

Just loathe them utterly. :angry:

I also hate Rochdale despite living here for my whole life!! Think its because of some of the most totally blind disilusioned fans they have and i happen to know. They belive every player they have would walk into our team. And yes ive seen about 5 matches of Dale this season and there is not one i would consider taking. At all. Possibly Gary Jones-but even he is past it.

Just loathe them utterly. :angry:

doesnt every club has it's fans who think the players are world beaters. I certainly know Latics do.

As for who could walk into our team, or at least walk onto the bench.

Tommy Lee - Hard to believe he's Macclesfield's number 3. One of the best shot stoppers i've seen in recent seasons. Decent kicking as well, especially under pressure

Stanton - A younger version of the Gregan mould

Rundle - Tricky left winger with an actual left foot, runs at defenders and beats his man time and again

Perkins - On his day the best midfielder in League 2.

Dagnall - Scored for fun despite being injured for 6 months of the season

doesnt every club has it's fans who think the players are world beaters. I certainly know Latics do.

As for who could walk into our team, or at least walk onto the bench.

Tommy Lee - Hard to believe he's Macclesfield's number 3. One of the best shot stoppers i've seen in recent seasons. Decent kicking as well, especially under pressure

Stanton - A younger version of the Gregan mould

Rundle - Tricky left winger with an actual left foot, runs at defenders and beats his man time and again

Perkins - On his day the best midfielder in League 2.

Dagnall - Scored for fun despite being injured for 6 months of the season

What about Doolan? Surely, he is a ready made replacemen for Greegs?

what the hell is Greater Manchester?

It's a Lancashire v Cheshire final if Stockport get thru.

How very traditional. ou are so typical of the old school. I've had this argument with my own family and friends for years. I suspect I will be in a very small minority on this board. However, although the GMC has gone, Greater Manchester is still a political unit. It reflects more accurately the geographical reality of belonging to a large conurbation. It includes Stockport MBC and Rochdale MBC. It has been the case since 1974. The old county structure disappeared a long time ago. Manchester continues to increase it's social, economic, cultural and political influence over the entire region. We still have Greater Manchester police, fire, ambulance and transport and the 10 MBCs still own the airport.

There, that's my penny's worth. long live Greater Manchester.

Just got my tickets ordered on Ticket Master! £36 each.

Sitting in the Rochdale end obviously. Although they are our nearest rivals, I would rather play Rochdale in our "derby" than Stockport.... It smells down there y'know :)

Gav

However, although the GMC has gone, Greater Manchester is still a political unit. It reflects more accurately the geographical reality of belonging to a large conurbation.

People don't live in political units, they live in geographical areas. The large conurbation used to be known as SELNEC (South East Lancashire and North East Cheshire). Names such as that and GMC are ony temporary expedients - tradition keeps consistency. The county cricket team, which plays in Trafford Borough, is named Lancashire not Greater Manchester.

If you insist on using the words "Greater" and "Manchester" for other parts of the county, don't forget to insert the middle word "than".

How very traditional. ou are so typical of the old school. I've had this argument with my own family and friends for years. I suspect I will be in a very small minority on this board. However, although the GMC has gone, Greater Manchester is still a political unit. It reflects more accurately the geographical reality of belonging to a large conurbation. It includes Stockport MBC and Rochdale MBC. It has been the case since 1974. The old county structure disappeared a long time ago. Manchester continues to increase it's social, economic, cultural and political influence over the entire region. We still have Greater Manchester police, fire, ambulance and transport and the 10 MBCs still own the airport.

There, that's my penny's worth. long live Greater Manchester.

Finally someone who agrees. I would not say to someone that am from Lancashire am more likely to say am from Greater Manchester or Manchester just my view.