Rochdale v Oldham

Yes we have gone backwards as a club and they have now reached our level.

Rochdale if promoted will no longer be our poor relations.

Maybe Rochdale have gone forward? Let give them some credit here.

Yep we have gone backwards looking at a positon we were in some 10/15 years ago, over recent years I think we have shown signs that we are now starting to move forward.

Early 90's we were ahead of local clubs Burnley, Blackpool, Blackburn, Preston, Wigan, Bolton, City to name a few who have done better than us in recent years. Yep it hurts that we are so long down in the pecking order in our region, but thats football and we still have a club to support which may not had been the case if things had gone differently a few years ago.

So its nothing new.... swings and roundabouts.

how far down the peeking order are Leeds now in yorkshire who were in the Champions league semi's not so long ago ??

Rochdale were in the League Cup Final in 1962, long before Latics.

The only 4th Division Club ever to reach the Final according to my Rochdale supporting dad.

In a "Tony Blair watching Jackie Milburn" moment, I told him that I remembered him waking me up and telling me the Final score after the second leg. He then reminded me that I wasn't born until 1963. :unsure::blush:

The only 4th Division Club ever to reach the Final according to my Rochdale supporting dad.

In a "Tony Blair watching Jackie Milburn" moment, I told him that I remembered him waking me up and telling me the Final score after the second leg. He then reminded me that I wasn't born until 1963. :unsure::blush:

Any chance you were conceived when the score was being announced on the radio? :)

Who cares if they are no longer our poor relations. Id rather have a local derby and a sell out away stand. Just means one more away game i can get to.

typical optimist/pessimist reaction on these boards - how backwards have we gone/can't wait for big derby match next season - I of course fall into the latter - jump on t'409 bus reet across the road and away transport sorted!!!

thank god for b*ry :grin:

Rocky, do you honestly have to have a picture of Rochdale as your Signature? I can take 'exiles bitches' but that is honestly taking it a bit too far.... I can accept this rochdale hullabaloo and appreciate mixed loyalties... but this is a bloody Oldham board for gods sake... !!!

Honestly.. if that isnt offensive content I dont know what is! Mods! :wink:

Who cares if they are no longer our poor relations. Id rather have a local derby and a sell out away stand. Just means one more away game i can get to.

SELL OUT AWAY STAND!!! Half of Rochdale fans are amongst us!?! People wont know what stand to go in... :-)

Yes we have gone backwards as a club and they have now reached our level.

Rochdale if promoted will no longer be our poor relations.

Our respective all time records show a great deal of difference between the clubs.

Historical tables show details for all clubs ever to have played in the English football league since its inception in 1888. Club names have been changed to their current name where appropriate. Unless otherwise stated, points are given as defined in each season; i.e. 2 points for a win prior to 1981-82 and 3 points for a win thereafter.

Team Ov. Pos. Ssns Pld W D L F A Pts Pct

Oldham 39 84 3632 1331 928 1373 5231 5337 3913 47.7%

Rochdale 71 74 3288 1095 842 1351 4441 5124 3338 44.3%

Every team has peaks and troughs Rochdale are at a relative peak in their history and Oldham a relative although not their worst trough.

No comparison between the two clubs really. IMHO

Would love Rochdale to get promoted and do well. Would also love the Latics to finally turn this corner and move back upwards.

we will see where peoples loyalties lie.... ;)

Don't worry, Chief Justice Jacko can always hold another Kangaroo Court like we did before Crewe. I'm sure some Guantanamo style treatment like Josh suffered will weed out any suspects.

Tangent - This story was recently debunked, can't remember where, when or by whom but I read somewhere recently that it wasn't true. Funny old world innit?

Tangent - This story was recently debunked, can't remember where, when or by whom but I read somewhere recently that it wasn't true. Funny old world innit?

Sadly correct BT. He said something along the lines of having been there in the years after Milburn. Probably still lieing, CAmpbell always got him to pretend he liked football to make out he wasn't a stuck up ponce.

Our respective all time records show a great deal of difference between the clubs.

The temporary bragging rights fell to Dale when the Third Divisions North and South were split into the Third and Fourth Divisions. Dale were in the top half of the North, so went into the Third, and Latics were below half-way and went into the Fourth. The other time Dale were promoted was when the jumped from the Fourth Division to League Two. :grin:

Sadly correct BT. He said something along the lines of having been there in the years after Milburn. Probably still lieing, CAmpbell always got him to pretend he liked football to make out he wasn't a stuck up ponce.

Talking of stuck up ponces, when Campbell took Mandelson to watch Burnley, they went in a chippy. Mandelson said he would have the guacamole with his fisn and chips. :lol:

Talking of stuck up ponces, when Campbell took Mandelson to watch Burnley, they went in a chippy. Mandelson said he would have the guacamole with his fisn and chips. :lol:

Another one for a debunking, at least partial. That was when Mandelson went to visit his Hartlepool constituency, and he denies it happened anyway, although as he makes Iain Davros look honest it might have happened anyway. In fact, it’s better if we say it happened, so it did.

Another one for a debunking, at least partial. That was when Mandelson went to visit his Hartlepool constituency, and he denies it happened anyway, although as he makes Iain Davros look honest it might have happened anyway. In fact, it’s better if we say it happened, so it did.

Tulsehill - what does Hansard say on the matter, and does it mention acoustics and RRE in the same sentence? B)

It came about when he was playing head tennis with ...king Kev several years back when people actually believed him.

Blair fondly remembered his days stood on The Gallowgate watching Wor Jackie until some Journalist kindly pointed out that he was too young to have been there during Milburn's career. :shock:

I'm sure it was all spun after the event probably in an autobiography. I've heard that Alastair Campbell did that kind of thing on the odd occasion. Perhaps we need a public inquiry to ascertain the truth. :)

Would love a dale/latics game next year ... the game at Spotland would be awesome, a full 3,500 Tics outsinging and invaded em ... quality!!

There'd be far more than 3,500 Oldham fans in Spotland if we did play 'em next year in League One. As much as I have a soft spot for Dale, I doubt they'd bring more than 2,000 to us (they don't take many to Bury although I suppose it would be a bit of a novelty playing a competitive game against us)....very poorly supported club. Hope they don't mess up at Wembley.

Edited by Yard Dog

There'd be far more than 3,500 Oldham fans in Spotland if we did play 'em next year in League One. As much as I have a soft spot for Dale, I doubt they'd bring more than 2,000 to us (they don't take many to Bury although I suppose it would be a bit of a novelty playing a competitive game against us)....very poorly supported club. Hope they don't mess up at Wembley.

they took over 3K this season. not bad concidering thats the home support they get