micah rumours...

Just heard from a good source that Micah Richards signed for Man United 4 weeks ago for 26.2 million, The reason he had to delay his operation at the end of the season was to enable him to pass his medical at Old Trafford. Remember you heard it from me first

just read this on Skysports website. They have a load of people with "good sources" but they jus seem utter ######.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11096_2920077,00.html

Taken off another forum and some other people at work heard it too, maybe why we have an aggresive transfer policy this pre season?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Manchester United defender Mikael Silvestre will sign for Bordeaux on a four-year deal. (Daily Telegraph)

Also Gary (the red) Neville earmarked for a coaching role are ManUre in need of a defender?

We can all just hope, purely for the money.

Also Gary (the red) Neville earmarked for a coaching role are ManUre in need of a defender?

That may also be good news as Solksjaer has just taken over the Reserve Team Management. If Neville is to be added to the Coaching Team as well, maybe there won't be room for Scholes and Giggs! :)

20% of £26.2m would be a rather cool £5.24m for Latics. If only this were to come true! :unsure:

Manchester United defender Mikael Silvestre will sign for Bordeaux on a four-year deal. (Daily Telegraph)

We can all just hope, purely for the money.

Would be good for us for the money and good for the national team to have Richards playing at the highest level.

Ah so that's the targets identified for the LW and Creative midfielder positions...not proven at this level, waste of money :wink:

How about that for a conversation with United..

"Hi Alex, tell ya what, forget about the £5.2m - why dont you just give us scholes and giggs and pay thier wages for the next 2 years or so... Thanks very Muchly...."

:)

I've heard from the Man Utd grapevine that the deal is £18m, rising to a possible £26m based on appearances, Utd success etc etc.

Trying to be a little more conservative about this, let's assume he signs on a 5 year deal, and the initial £18m is spread over that term (often the way the finances actually work when the numbers are this big). 20% of £18m is £3.6m, which on that basis would be £720k a season for the next five seasons.

Plus a share of the bonus clauses (roughly up to £1m).

Not as dramatic as $4m plus in our pocket right now, but still a damn fine income over the next few years.

Here's hoping.

I've heard from the Man Utd grapevine that the deal is £18m, rising to a possible £26m based on appearances, Utd success etc etc.

Trying to be a little more conservative about this, let's assume he signs on a 5 year deal, and the initial £18m is spread over that term (often the way the finances actually work when the numbers are this big). 20% of £18m is £3.6m, which on that basis would be £720k a season for the next five seasons.

Not as dramatic as $4m plus in our pocket right now, but still a damn fine income over the next few years.

Here's hoping.

Given that we lose approx £800k a season, TTA if they wanted too could really push the boat out with the losses effectively covered until real progress is being made on The Oldham arena project.

Here's hoping.

Would maybe be an extra incentive for TTA to stick with us even longer heres hoping!

Plus a bit more cash through this new overseas deal. Lets hope the chairman are not so daft to give it all out to the agents.

http://www.football-league.co.uk/page/News...1317963,00.html

What does it amount to, £24 million? So that's £23,500,000 to the Championship clubs and the remaining £500k to be shared out amongst the 3rd and 4th Divisions. So that'll be about £10k per club.........excellent!

Edited by oafcprozac

What does it amount to, £24 million? So that's £23,500,000 to the Championship clubs and the remaining £500k to be shared out amongst the 3rd and 4th Divisions. So that'll be about £10k per club.........excellent!

But aint we attempting to get into the Championship? just in time for the extra cash!!

Just heard from a good source that Micah Richards signed for Man United 4 weeks ago for 26.2 million, The reason he had to delay his operation at the end of the season was to enable him to pass his medical at Old Trafford. Remember you heard it from me first

just read this on Skysports website. They have a load of people with "good sources" but they jus seem utter ######.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11096_2920077,00.html

Taken off another forum and some other people at work heard it too, maybe why we have an aggresive transfer policy this pre season?

I thought that too when you said it, but Iw as thinking that we get them signed up before other clubs realise we have a pot of cash.

Then I awoke from my child crying at night induced slumber and reaslised Kieran Lee came from Man U , so Fergie would know how much money we have/have not got.

Maybe he was included in the deal somehow?

Edited by singe

Maybe he was included in the deal somehow?

Doubt it, the fact that QPR offered him a deal on the basis he was available on a free kinda does for that theory. Think it's a case of conspiracy theory on top of conspiracy theory. I just think the Lee transfer was down to a young talented footballer becoming available on a free, wanting regular first team opportunities in his prefered position and not wanting to move away from home - therefore went for us over QPR.

Also, although any Micah funds ( :pray: ) would come in installments, they are more likely to come in a larger lump sum first then a two or three smaller ones than be drip-feed entirely over the 5 years. :pray:

Has anybody stopped to think that things simply don't happen like this?

Richards is going nowhere, least of all to OT. Shinawatra wants to fill COMS, not cause a mass exodus and protests every week.

He's got to find the money to pay for Maradonna, Pele, Cruyff, Eusebio and Peter Crouch from somewhere!

Has anybody stopped to think that things simply don't happen like this?

Richards is going nowhere, least of all to OT. Shinawatra wants to fill COMS, not cause a mass exodus and protests every week.

Campbell

Figo

to name just 2. Things do happen, not like this (as it hasn't as yet) but as it could. Go on Corp let yourself enjoy debating a rumour...

That may also be good news as Solksjaer has just taken over the Reserve Team Management. If Neville is to be added to the Coaching Team as well, maybe there won't be room for Scholes and Giggs! :)

20% of £26.2m would be a rather cool £5.24m for Latics. If only this were to come true! :unsure:

28th March 08 :wink:

Also, although any Micah funds ( :pray: ) would come in installments, they are more likely to come in a larger lump sum first then a two or three smaller ones than be drip-feed entirely over the 5 years. :pray:

Is it definate they come in installments? Even if City get their payments in installments the transfer fee is a set amount and we get 20% of that, just because they get theirs over a few years that doesn't make it certain that we will unless it was written into the contract. Or have i missed something?

Is it definate they come in installments? Even if City get their payments in installments the transfer fee is a set amount and we get 20% of that, just because they get theirs over a few years that doesn't make it certain that we will unless it was written into the contract. Or have i missed something?

Some of the instalments may only get paid in the event of certain circumstances which of course may never happen and so wouldn't be seen as part of the initial transfer fee.

As an example, Rooney earned Everton a shed-load of money recently as United won The Premier League and then The Champions League. Meanwhile, Scott Spencer left Everton on a free and so we get nothing for the add-ons there.

All hypothetical at the moment though but while Richards may not move now, I'd be amazed if he were still at City in a couple of years time.

Some of the instalments may only get paid in the event of certain circumstances which of course may never happen and so wouldn't be seen as part of the initial transfer fee.

As an example, Rooney earned Everton a shed-load of money recently as United won The Premier League and then The Champions League. Meanwhile, Scott Spencer left Everton on a free and so we get nothing for the add-ons there.

All hypothetical at the moment though but while Richards may not move now, I'd be amazed if he were still at City in a couple of years time.

I meant just the initial transfer fee. Say they agreed £10m transfer fee plus extras for appearances/winning the league or whatever, but city got that initial £10m over 3 years we would still be entitled to get our £2m straight away

I've heard very similar today from what I would trust to be an ultra reliable source, and no reason to doubt him ever, that its a done deal at £18 million + £6 million for first two Premiership titles he's involved with so a possible £30 million over two years. Only time will tell if its true of course. BUT HOPE SO.

Its what Micah needs :wink:

So £3.6m up front as well as £2.4m reasons for Latics fans hoping that Man Utd win a couple more titles! :ph34r:

It'll never happen :wink:

:grin: