Just arrived back from a meeting in Doncaster

After wrapping the meeting up the MD of the company in Donny saw my Oldham season ticket ( picked it this morning) and told me that they were after or determined to buy Taylor and what ever happens this weekend will not deter them putting an offer in.

This is NOT an ice berg moment and came from a major sponsor of the south yorkshire club. What price minimum I think is 500k

After wrapping the meeting up the MD of the company in Donny saw my Oldham season ticket ( picked it this morning) and told me that they were after or determined to buy Taylor and what ever happens this weekend will not deter them putting an offer in.

This is NOT an ice berg moment and came from a major sponsor of the south yorkshire club. What price minimum I think is 500k

It all depends on what TTA see as a "silly offer". I think its got to be £750k+ to make TTA interested as this is what we got for Trotman, anything less just wont be silly enough lol

It all depends on what TTA see as a "silly offer". I think its got to be £750k+ to make TTA interested as this is what we got for Trotman, anything less just wont be silly enough lol

Does Taylor have a say??? course he does. He will be going nowhere, he hs said it a million times.

Does Taylor have a say??? course he does. He will be going nowhere, he hs said it a million times.

i agree! would'nt want us to sell him, dont think he'd go if we accepted an offer. but TTA did say it would have to be a silly offer for them to consider it!

wouldnt be too fussed either way to be honest, he's wasted out on the left in my opinion, got the pace but hes easy for defenders to read and we dont really get much end product from him to be fair. Hopefully we will be bringing in a left winger to release him to his natural side which is where he is at his best in my opinion. Id rather keep him than him go to donny dont get me wrong, but if a silly offer was made eg 700k+ and shez will only play him on the left then id be inclined to accept.

All have our own opinions of course....

wouldnt be too fussed either way to be honest, he's wasted out on the left in my opinion, got the pace but hes easy for defenders to read and we dont really get much end product from him to be fair. Hopefully we will be bringing in a left winger to release him to his natural side which is where he is at his best in my opinion. Id rather keep him than him go to donny dont get me wrong, but if a silly offer was made eg 700k+ and shez will only play him on the left then id be inclined to accept.

All have our own opinions of course....

i hope it isnt true,as i dont think we have seen anything like his best yet.....maybe if donny got promoted and he was offered a ridiculas amount in wages and signing fee he may be swayed....at the end of the day everybody has a price.

i would hope he would stay and shez would switch him to the right,but at the end of the day money talks,and to a club like ours still losing money anything that wiped out a seasons operating costs would have to be seriously considered.

I might be on my own here but I really.....really wouldn't be bothered if we sell Taylor. I think he's vastly overrated and cheaply replaceable.

Eardley is the one which I really.....really don't want to see leave.

Taylor made his name in the latter end of moore's reign, and the beginning of shez's. both on the right. i agree he isnt anything like his best when on the left, but give him a chance on the right to show what he can do before you label him "over rated"

In my opinion losing Chris Taylor would be a big blow to our chances of promotion next season. Whilst I agree with many he hasn't played in his most effective position for most of his career with us he has however done an effective job wherever he's been asked to play.

He can play anywhere across midfield and in both full back positions...a mister versatile if you like, and I think he would play on his favoured right wing next season with the players we plan to bring to the club.

If you look at most opposing fans websites post match, throughout the season,he is the player most fans pick out as our best performer.

If Doncaster won promotion and he wanted the move then that's okay but if they take him and stay in our division then I would be gutted.

I don't think some of our fans realise what a good player he is and what's more he's a true Oldham lad!!!!

For me it would have to be an offer in excess of 600k, and from a championship club.

If Donny failed to win promotion, I don't think Taylor would even consider joining them. I don't see why he should. They've been spending and aiming for promotion for the past couple of seasons, and they're still with us in League 1.

I love Tayls. His passion for the club, work rate and determination is something we need more of. You'll never see him stood around not fighting. Very much like Allott. Added with those attributes, he's got the pace and dribbling ability. Yes, he's not at his best on the left, but Shez has done 2 things about that.

1. He's said over and over again he's tryna bring in a left-footed midfielder, which would presumably see Chris deployed on the right.

2. He's developed Tayls so he's playing a lot more centrally when we're countering, he's forever in the box, and he's got him shooting more. How many times did we see it towards the latter end of last season, especially at home, where we saw him taking on 2/3 players, cutting in, and unleashing a powerdrive, with him nearly scoring 5/6 times? His goal against Leyton Orient shows Chris's development. On the edge of the box, far post, being more of a threat.

If we get things together for a long period of time next season, I think his worth to the club will be priceless.

Guest sheridans_world

I guess he is annoyed that he has signed such a long contract with us aswell...

Oh Well...

Rubbish!

Guest oa_exile
Why are you biting???

................because she is a "Mad dog" and cant help herself :lol:

Anyway I bet you Talor is not in the top five earners at the Club , so they cant afford me "Rumour" is just a plain "couple of danglers"

Right, the point is that we all know Donny want taylor - so for me, we have every single card in the deck... I think it is inevitable that donny will make a bid, so we sit, waiting for them to bid, then tell them to double it and add a bit more.... especially if we go up...

We have a team with lots of cash, wanting one of our best prospects who is Oldham through and Through, who is contracted to us for another 2 years... for me, I wouldnt even reply to the faxed bid if it was less than a cool million.... seriously? Why would we consider anything less for one of the best young, versatile, attacking players in the division - lunacy to accept anything less...

Now dont get me wrong, I think taylor is replaceable, but I want to keep him, however we consistently underprice our players and have done for 20 years... when a club publically wants someone we should hold em to ransom... especially if it is doncaster...

The only facto is that Chris probably signed a contract for peanuts a 18 months back... donny would offer him a decent wedge, but as his said, i cant see him moving if they dont get promoted... and even so, lets just show some flexibility and renegotiate his contract, throw in an extra grand...

Unless it is a million plus.. dont even consider it, and say tell donny to come back in a year, and let chris help us get promoted... if not, good luck son, time to go elsewhere....

Right, the point is that we all know Donny want taylor - so for me, we have every single card in the deck... I think it is inevitable that donny will make a bid, so we sit, waiting for them to bid, then tell them to double it and add a bit more.... especially if we go up...

We have a team with lots of cash, wanting one of our best prospects who is Oldham through and Through, who is contracted to us for another 2 years... for me, I wouldnt even reply to the faxed bid if it was less than a cool million.... seriously? Why would we consider anything less for one of the best young, versatile, attacking players in the division - lunacy to accept anything less...

Now dont get me wrong, I think taylor is replaceable, but I want to keep him, however we consistently underprice our players and have done for 20 years... when a club publically wants someone we should hold em to ransom... especially if it is doncaster...

The only facto is that Chris probably signed a contract for peanuts a 18 months back... donny would offer him a decent wedge, but as his said, i cant see him moving if they dont get promoted... and even so, lets just show some flexibility and renegotiate his contract, throw in an extra grand...

Unless it is a million plus.. dont even consider it, and say tell donny to come back in a year, and let chris help us get promoted... if not, good luck son, time to go elsewhere....

Bang on bingfin the ball is in our court we should and no doubt will be calling the shots on this one we will only except a silly offer then we will do business.

For Taylor personally it will come down to money firstly and if Donny offer him 5-6k a week then you couldn't really blame the lad for moving on really obviously what divison Doncaster play in will have a factor too and his affection for Latics but as is shown by the case of Richie Wellens players will go where the best contract is being offered.

Guest oa_exile
I do agree, but none of us know the finances at the club.

WE all know enough to know that the Club is losing money year after year , so I would put our finances down as "Dire".

IF an acceptable offer comes in for a player we will sell , always have done.

WE all know enough to know that the Club is losing money year after year , so I would put our finances down as "Dire".

IF an acceptable offer comes in for a player we will sell , always have done.

Its the way clubs like ourselves stay afloat. We've been really lucky with TTA who have had some extra cash to put into the club and get the ball rolling the past few seasons. But the only way we are going to MAKE money is if we sell our youngsters to bigger clubs, unless we start going places and get the gates up.

Every player has a price. If Doncaster - or anyone else - meet our price for Taylor and the lad decides to go then that's fine by me. I'll wish him luck, then turn to who we'll bring in to replace him. EVERY league one player is replaceable.

As for our finances being 'dire', they would be if TTA weren't underwriting those losses.