Streamlining of Forums

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not disageeing with the Forum updates more to considering keeping it user friendly for everyone , lets keep the quality of the MB whilst reducing the quantity , dont compromise the important threads and databases.

I was not implying anything , it was a direct question with regards to those two threads , the Media is a more important forum than the other two.

I think you have got something wrong with culling the Media Forum , hence the post.

I do not have any problems at all to help any members if they have problems navigating OWTB.

In really dont care what the Forums are called , I just dont want the "Important" parts of the forums going into oblivion and difficult for members to find.

Andy - If we've got it wrong then we'll look at changing it.

Like has been said, the intentions are good but it is never possible to satisfy all Members and the vast majority don't give a monkey's about any forums other than the main Latics one which is why further Latics related Media should be posted in "The Terraces" to gain maximum exposure.

Guest oa_exile
:censored:s sake Andy, there's other (better?) things to be bothered about.

Aye , as may be , but the points needed to be raised.

Andy - If we've got it wrong then we'll look at changing it.

Like has been said, the intentions are good but it is never possible to satisfy all Members and the vast majority don't give a monkey's about any forums other than the main Latics one which is why further Latics related Media should be posted in "The Terraces" to gain maximum exposure.

Never a question of the intentions just your thoughts and thinking before you impliment the decisions , I do actually care about this MB and if i dont think something is right then I have a right as a member of OWTB to ask the questions.

Aye , as may be , but the points needed to be raised.

Never a question of the intentions just your thoughts and thinking before you impliment the decisions , I do actually care about this MB and if i dont think something is right then I have a right as a member of OWTB to ask the questions.

I remember when JK latics started changing things :grin:

... is a bit complex this site especially for my simple mind... still dont know how to have images on posts, signatures, picture under my name etc etc etc... i can do the basics though... :sign0173:

Guest oa_exile
I remember when JK latics started changing things :grin:

... is a bit complex this site especially for my simple mind... still dont know how to have images on posts, signatures, picture under my name etc etc etc... i can do the basics though... :sign0173:

Everything you need is in the >>Techie Help<<

Example : >>How to ....<<

You need to make your Sig and avatar via your MY CONTROLS at the top odf the page next to VIEW NEW POSTS

Guest oa_exile
I've read this thread twice and still haven't got a clue what's going on ad why people are upset.

Is that because you probably come under the ........

the vast majority don't give a monkey's about any forums other than the main Latics one

Do you read the "Other" parts to the Forum ? or do you just read on from where you last logged off ?

Edited by oa_exile

As an example , the "Media Forum" had built up a good historical database for past Latics matches , removing it to the Archives would maybe have been a better alternative ?

I have also noticed that some of the other lesser used forums such as "Latics Programme Vault" 14 Topics and "The Oldham Trust" 8 Topics have kept pride of place........ I agree they should keep there place but some some favoritism shown there ?

Anyway you do what you feel is best I just dont want to see 18 months worth of databases that have been nurtured lost amongst the daily threads and post , more to the point difficult for members to find when the aim of the excersize is to make OWTB more user friendly to ALL.

I agree. I would be more interested in a "Latics media" forum than the "Latics Programme Vault". Although the media posts are still somewhere it was easier to find videos etc if they were listed in one place.

Perhaps you should poll the users?

Perhaps you should poll the users?

No need for that mart as I'm sure some would be in favour while others simply would vote against as they couldn't care less. If 1% of the Members find it useful then it makes sense to find a compromise.

We are reviewing this and it could be that the Programme Vault is expanded to include Latics historical data and posts. It still makes sense for new Latics Media posts to go into "The Terraces" forum so that "Single Forum Readers" like Coco get the benefit of someone's jerky mobile video of a Latics penalty filmed from 100 metres away. :wink:

I'm joking by the way. :unsure: There is/ was some good stuff in the Latics Media Forum and if it is used, then it makes sense to have it readily available. From what has been posted, it is only now that it has been shifted that the majority have noticed that it ever existed.

By streamlining the forums you are now starting to cause conjestion within each catergory and actually making subjects (threads and Posts) more difficult to find.

with you on that ,i say at least bring back latics media .

There is/ was some good stuff in the Latics Media Forum and if it is used, then it makes sense to have it readily available. From what has been posted, it is only now that it has been shifted that the majority have noticed that it ever existed.

Why not rename the "Latics Programme Vault" to "Latics Media" and include both the programmes and the shaky video clips? Sorted! :grin:

Here's why:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Media

Me for one, but who cares? If there's a poll, all it'll show is just how many people don't give a monkeys by not voting period.

Right, I should have included Admins or those that help to maintain the site...

Who decides if we should have a poll on any topic? Perhaps we should have a poll to decide that? :grin:

Right, I should have included Admins or those that help to maintain the site...

Who decides if we should have a poll on any topic? Perhaps we should have a poll to decide that? :grin:

The reason that the streamlining has taken place is following feedback from the Members who in general, believe there are too many forums. As has been said, the fact that the majority are not bothered by the changes reflects that what has been done is sensible. That said, we are taking on board the minority view and probably will be putting the old Latics Media posts into a separate forum. You should have picked that up from an earlier post.

While Rummy was the founder of the Site, he is no longer part of the running of OWTB.

As for polls, anyone can start one at any time. Not sure if you were joking about that but I'm just setting the record straight since not for the first time, you appear to be having an unnecessary pop at a group of people who do their best, in their own free time to run a decent message board for over 1500 Latics fans.

The reason that the streamlining has taken place is following feedback from the Members who in general, believe there are too many forums. As has been said, the fact that the majority are not bothered by the changes reflects that what has been done is sensible. That said, we are taking on board the minority view and probably will be putting the old Latics Media posts into a separate forum. You should have picked that up from an earlier post.

While Rummy was the founder of the Site, he is no longer part of the running of OWTB.

As for polls, anyone can start one at any time. Not sure if you were joking about that but I'm just setting the record straight since not for the first time, you appear to be having an unnecessary pop at a group of people who do their best, in their own free time to run a decent message board for over 1500 Latics fans.

Thanks for clearing that up.

By the way, my "poll about polls" comment was a joke but it looks like my card has been well and truly marked, doesn't it? I thought the :grin: might have been a giveaway but obviously not.

When did you leave the team :shock: I didn't see any poll to vote on whether you leave or stay

Perhaps we should have a vote to elect a sub-commitee for forum pruning. The commitee will sit on the first Tuesday of every month, waffle on about rock-all, and eat chocolate hob-nobs until their eyes fall out. Hang on, that sounds like our local LibDem surgery, I digress...

:grin:

Edited by rummytheowl

Thanks for clearing that up.

By the way, my "poll about polls" comment was a joke but it looks like my card has been well and truly marked, doesn't it? I thought the :grin: might have been a giveaway but obviously not.

Not at all mart. I just recalled something you said the other day but as far as I'm concerned, I'll treat everything on its merits.

Happy to accept it was a joke and apologies for not recognising that. :)