• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just handed in my notice in from a office job in manchester which has bored me to tears, mainly because there is no responsibility or enough to do does anyone actually do or reccomend any exciting jobs out there? Otherwise it looks like ill be heading to another office for more of the same on slightly more money!

I have a (mainly) office job with plenty of responsibility and more than enough to do! Very stressful! But it aint exciting :(

Masked Owl - I'm gonna report you :grin:

Just handed in my notice in from a office job in manchester which has bored me to tears, mainly because there is no responsibility or enough to do does anyone actually do or reccomend any exciting jobs out there? Otherwise it looks like ill be heading to another office for more of the same on slightly more money!

I've got a temporary job at Ascot in the Royal Enclosure checking if all the females are wearing knickers. Backbreaking work but still, mustn't grumble.

I've got a temporary job at Ascot in the Royal Enclosure checking if all the females are wearing knickers. Backbreaking work but still, mustn't grumble.

I got in there a few years ago in jeans and a German army jacket--my transgression of the dress code was so complete that the clowns on the door just didn't see me at all.

This afternoon I'll be transcribing an exciting and important debate on a report by the HoC Work and Pensions Committee. Anyone who can say what's wrong with the following sentence can get a job doing the same thing. Enjoy.

The data shows that last week, the Fairies massacred over 1,000 Pixies.

This afternoon I'll be transcribing an exciting and important debate on a report by the HoC Work and Pensions Committee. Anyone who can say what's wrong with the following sentence can get a job doing the same thing. Enjoy.

It wasn't last week, it was the week before?

...is true. But the sentence was written last week. Try again.

Is it that the lack of moral content could corrupt the minds of young people, who are already being led astray by the violence on TV and in videogames? They will think that massacreing Pixies is perfectly normal and go around copying the Fairies, whilst letting Midlanders off the hook.

Mate of mine fitted some dancing poles in the Georgian. Weeks work with discounted hand jobs :bblue2: , nice work if you can get it

Charming.

Is it that the lack of moral content could corrupt the minds of young people, who are already being led astray by the violence on TV and in videogames? They will think that massacreing Pixies is perfectly normal and go around copying the Fairies, whilst letting Midlanders off the hook.

Nothing wrong with the moral content of the sentence. The trick is to look beyond the moral content, into the world of grammar.

I got in there a few years ago in jeans and a German army jacket--my transgression of the dress code was so complete that the clowns on the door just didn't see me at all.

Whatever the crime of the Pixies surely the sentence is unjust. It is also factually incorrect as Fairies are mythical creatures and therefore incapable of such an attrocity and at the end of May there were known to be only 575 Pixies in existance.

Hand-job and cigar for that man!

It could be a singular datum that tells us about the atrocity, or more, in which case the sentence would have to read...the data show.

The Fishul Report needs You, Mr. OldhamSheridan.

Not a chance you could drag him away from his datums.

A case in point:

I agree with the Committee that after-housing-cost data better reflect standards of living, especially in areas of high housing costs.

But clearly not so pertinent in low housing cost areas obviously