Fluo Shirts Swapped

It's enough to make you weep. We wore the currentHillstones blue for a full season, it's part of the historical record of our kits. Are you afraid people will beat you up for having an out of date shirt or something?

Why offer replacement away shirts then ? would people wearing them get beaten up ? :(

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There is also a reverse side ... you will own one of only 200 shirts in that colour with the sponsor as Hillstone ... isnt that a collectors item????

Think so Andy? :wink:

They should be made to pay an extra tenner for a collector's item

not just the fact i may get beat up, but the fact there are laws that a club must keep a home shirt for at least 2 seasons. This is so loyal fans dont get ripped off, however OAFC seem to have got round this law, or have they ? Even if they have it is morally wrong that they expect us to pay £40 for a new shirt after the previous one lasted 12 months

You are embarrasing yourself.

not just the fact i may get beat up, but the fact there are laws that a club must keep a home shirt for at least 2 seasons. This is so loyal fans dont get ripped off, however OAFC seem to have got round this law, or have they ? Even if they have it is morally wrong that they expect us to pay £40 for a new shirt after the previous one lasted 12 months

Who expects you to buy a new one? If you are a collector who likes to have every single shirt, then you might want to get one, if not, don't. I usually get them for my birthday as my old man doesn't know what else to get me, but I'll probably get him to get me something else from the shop this year as I wouldn't be arsed with one just for the new sponsor. It's really not a big deal.

Winde your neck in and stop looking for an argument mate .. its hardly the end of the world is it tbh.

IMO Its highly unlikely the club will get new shirts in the club shop with the new sponsor on them. when you think about it, how many people will be all that bothered its got a new sponsor on it or not? its the badge that matters and you should be proud to wear that, not the sponsor.

If they are unavailable in the club shop, everybody will be in the same boat, weather you bought it last year or last week. Only the players will be up to date.

It wouldnt surprise me if the new sponsors get a cut price deal, due to the fact they arnt getting maximum exposure via shirt sales

There is no 'LAW' for this .. there are guidelines issued by the FL in order that th efans dont have to shell out every season for a new shirt .... however they do. as this guideline is for home shirts and away shirts so a new one every season is needed... but hey .......its £40 instead of £80. There is no consequence on the club. If truth be known they dont 'have' to replace the fluo ones. This is beyond the control of the club. Ask Hillstones to buy you another out of the redudndancy pay .... or simply dont. The club or the shop its staff manegement or players are resposible legally. I will gladly offer you a good price for it second hand ... say £15 if the size is right. Pm me if you accept

And when was this law passed through the house of commons may I ask!? :lol:

Sorry mate, no such law exists....take Dale's shirt from last season, a one off centenary black and white strip, now they've changed it to black and blue. Then there was Arsenal's maroon type kit for their last season at highbury. Then there was our 100 years at boundary park where Carlotti sponsored us for the season.....

If people have proof of purchase for their home shirt and they purchased it recently for THIS season (like Lordy) then I think the club should replace them as a kind gesture even though they are NOT obliged to. For those who purchased it last season then I don't expect a replacement or refund, we bought our shirts, we used them, we had a full season where the team sported the same shirt....we have no grounds to complain as we've had shirts in the past which have only lasted for one season.

Lordy - if you have proof of purchase, email Alan as mentioned above.

Edited by Bring Back Pukka Pies

How amusing is this thread

You support the club, you have a shirt that is current with an out of date sponsor on it

If this is a problem next time you buy a shirt ask specifically for one without the sponsors name on or don't buy a shirt if you don't want to take the risk?

Buy a nice Carlotti polo shirt instead

How amusing is this thread

You support the club, you have a shirt that is current with an out of date sponsor on it

If this is a problem next time you buy a shirt ask specifically for one without the sponsors name on or don't buy a shirt if you don't want to take the risk?

Buy a nice Carlotti polo shirt instead

well said..

I see people at games with shirts on from the Mid 1970's ... If its got the Latic owl on its ball, that good enough for me.

Or we could spend a couple of grand giving people refunds for shirts they will still wear and not bother about signing or paying any new players :blink:

well said..

I see people at games with shirts on from the Mid 1970's ... If its got the Latic owl on its ball, that good enough for me.

Or we could spend a couple of grand giving people refunds for shirts they will still wear and not bother about signing or paying any new players :blink:

Good point ... i wonder if the club would offer a swap as its not got Hillstones on?

I'm not sure about laws but most clubs do state that their home shirts will last for 2 seasons and im sure latics were one of these. Last week i bought a home shirt with Hughes 9 on the back and will not be happy if they replace the home shirt. Surely i am entitled to a refund or a swap.

What would you do if Hughes left the club before the seasom started?

There is also a reverse side ... you will own one of only 200 shirts in that colour with the sponsor as Hillstone ... isnt that a collectors item????

My thaughts excactly.200 shirts made,and if 199 get returned for replacement you have a unique /one off/never to be seen again latics shirt £££££££££££££....

Im really confused by this thread or are all our fans that fickle?

In 93' when we had the red and white shirt in the beginning we had no sponsor (one of which i bought) then JD Sports came along and that was all over the place, wasnt such a big deal then?

I bought a shirt with Warne on the back, then he left at the end of that season, no problem then!

It happens everywhere, what about when teams change manufacturer?

You have 2 new kits to buy, and we have had a few changes. Umbro. Pony. Sparta. Carlotti.

Get over it!

I think both the club and Hillstones have been quite generous about this (Newcastle are still sponsored by Northern Rock). I haven't bought a new away shirt (don't have the 'new' home one either) but I think the club would be well within their rights not to offer a refund for it. We all laughed at PLC scum fans when because they got battered by the Saints their new away shirt was never worn again, but did PLC scum offer a refund because of a 'design' flaw did they heckers like. If people want to keep their never used shirts then that's up to them but Latics have again showed they have excellent customer service.

Guest oa_exile
In 93' when we had the red and white shirt in the beginning we had no sponsor (one of which i bought) then JD Sports came along and that was all over the place, wasnt such a big deal then?

Yep , I also have that shirt without the JD Sports on it :)

People making "Mountains out of Molehills"

Yep , I also have that shirt without the JD Sports on it :)

People making "Mountains out of Molehills"

Quite right Exile. You don't go demanding money back on all your old shirts just because none of them fit you any more, do you?