Tyalor to Plymouth?

I work with an Argyle fan who frequents their message boards and the rumour that they are about to make a £750,000 bid for Taylor, does he have a girlfriend that is pregnant because apparently one of their "any minute" signings does - if this ius true could we afford to turn it down

I work with an Argyle fan who frequents their message boards and the rumour that they are about to make a £750,000 bid for Taylor, does he have a girlfriend that is pregnant because apparently one of their "any minute" signings does - if this ius true could we afford to turn it down

Whatever you do don't tell Wilson :)

It was all over one of Doncasters forums yesterday (as it has been all summer) that he's set to sign for them in the next couple of days! he's been top of most of their fans shopping lists all summer!

doubt he'd go to plymouth, they get screwed over from all our players who leave lol!

NO..........Sell, Sell Sell....... for that money. Taylor has a red "Durex" t-shirt he wears regularly in Springhead so any pregnancy would be planned? :wink: OR perhaps he wants to put some distance .......

Aren't all our players linked with Plymouth at some point?

And IIRC, all for 750k too.

Like this one.

I can't see Taylor going to Plymouth. He's such a shy lad I doubt he's fancy moving to the other end of the country and having to learn another language.

Well its feasable as they have sold Petor Halmosi to Hull (he was the average wide player from them in the red boots in th first half) so they will be down a wide man - but - quite whether 750k has been offered or is going to be offered is another thing entirley, as they (Plymouth) seem to think we're a soft touch and have bid peanuts in the past for Porter / Trotters et all.

Burned bridges because of previous dealings? i'd try & screw them for 1million!!!!!

Guest oa_exile

>>NO<< mention of Taylor <_<

I think Taylor's a decent player who had a difficult second season as the opposition sussed out what had worked so well for him previously.

Towards the end of the campaign he got it together more. Other than his pi$$ poor corners I'd like him to stay.

But £750k is a price worth letting him go for.

NO..........Sell, Sell Sell....... for that money. Taylor has a red "Durex" t-shirt he wears regularly in Springhead so any pregnancy would be planned? :wink:
Oh dear God that's not the new shirt sponsor is it? Edited by rosa

Have to say, i have utterly mixed feelings about taylor, the more I think about it, he is a good player - but for me his development has stalled a little, and i'm not sure how much more benifit he will bring to the club, or the club to him. The only way he will improve with us if for us to get promoted, and him to play against supposed better players. He will always cause problems on his day, but I also think he is starting to sulk a little in certain games...

He is also a good squad player, because of his versatility - which Shez is trying to create. However, could we cope without him? If we sign Phillips, i'd say yes - for me, Phillips on the left and Smalley on the right is just as threatening, Smalley has just as muct potential as Taylor, and arguably - is more direct and will score more goals. The only scary thing is that if taylor goes we may see more of Captain Slow - Mr Liddell.

So, conclusion? The same as at the start of the close season. Want him to stay, but I hope the club is prepared for him leaving as it is not a new rumour - both in respect that replacement options are there (Smalley & Philips) - and theat they are prepared to rinse the buying club for every penny for his signiture. If Donny and Plymouth are interested - sod it, go for a mil....

Also - could it be that the Phillips deal actually depends on taylor going??? We will see...

It was all over one of Doncasters forums yesterday (as it has been all summer) that he's set to sign for them in the next couple of days! he's been top of most of their fans shopping lists all summer!

doubt he'd go to plymouth, they get screwed over from all our players who leave lol!

Well they have put an offer in which is really no big secret. After getting a spanking against Bolton last night they obviously need a new LB.

Guest oa_exile

We can now also cross the Lashers off the interested list as they signed on loan Adam Hammill from Liverpool.

NO..........Sell, Sell Sell....... for that money. Taylor has a red "Durex" t-shirt he wears regularly in Springhead so any pregnancy would be planned? :wink: OR perhaps he wants to put some distance .......

Aren't all our players linked with Plymouth at some point?

To move up a career level - Plymouth

To move sideways - Scotland

To move down a career level - Peterborough

£300k not enough. Double it and add some and we should sell.

Can you imagine if Micah Richards is sold for £25 million, Eardley for £3 million and Taylor for say £500,000. I make that £8.5 million coming into the club. What would we do with all that cash??