Crossley Tonight.

What I dont understand is why everyone was singing "Hughesy" at the end. Crossley won us the match, if Hughes had done his job earlier we would have been ahead and probably won a lot earlier.

Probably because he was right in front of us after winning the match, and right next to the Dale fans who had been giving him grief.

Granted Crossley won us/kept us in the game though.

Thought Smalley was head and shoulders our best player though. Although the penalty came from an excellent throw out from Crossley.

Although the penalty came from an excellent throw out from Crossley.

This for me is precisely why I'd deem Crossley just ahead in the pecking order above Fleming. That (kick actually) was pure experience, and was supremely accurate. As goalies go, his distribution is about the best I've seen and he often gets moves going with a well placed kick or throw.

He has his detractors mind, and I can see why but for me, his form after the first 3 months of last season has been pretty magnificent.

This for me is precisely why I'd deem Crossley just ahead in the pecking order above Fleming. That (kick actually) was pure experience, and was supremely accurate. As goalies go, his distribution is about the best I've seen and he often gets moves going with a well placed kick or throw.

He has his detractors mind, and I can see why but for me, his form after the first 3 months of last season has been pretty magnificent.

He did afew of those little dinks on sat.

Ill admit to eating humble pic, after saturday i said i wanted Fleming in net but last night Crossley played very well ... inparticuarly that free kick in the second half that he somehow got across to!

I was sat literally horizontal to where the penalty was given away, and had a perfect view; and that was one of the worst dives I have ever seen, their defender went nowhere near him!

Could teach the winker a few tricks with that display of professional gymnastics!

DEANO! DEANO! DEANO!

Crossley is more than good enough for what is, the 3rd tier of football. I think people expect him to be a Cech or something. I felt on Saturday he had absolutely no confidence in our defence and it showed. People expect me to believe that had Fleming been in on Saturday he would've been far better? Sorry...but I don't believe that!

Last night, whether he had confidence in them or not he performed a cracking game. Those talking about ditching him after 1 game...well f*** me! Pathetic.

Edited by boundaryblue80

Watch Crossley's kicking next game, and you will be amazed at the amount of kicks get to their intended player. He is very accurate, is is always ready to play the ball short or play the quick ball up front. Excellent player to have in our team!

here here that man, since his recovery from injury around november time he's been class.

He's still #1 for me until one of injury/loss of form/suspension means Flemming gets his chance.

Crossley is more than good enough for what is, the 3rd tier of football. I think people expect him to be a Cech or something.

Summed up in one sentence - he doesn't have to be the most agile, he has the experience to do the basics very well and when he produces good full length stops as he tends and distributes the ball with the accuracy he does we have one of the best all round keepers in the division.

It's not all about brilliant reflex saves - 90% of the job is doing the basics such as getting your angles right which again he does very well

Lucky to have him me thinks am sure Fleming will benefit to

Crossley - have to disagree with comments on here.

There appears to be a distinct lack of communication between GK and defence e.g. Millwall second goal. This means that the back 4 (and a number of the fans) do not have confidence in him - this results in defenders making mistakes/trying to clear balls etc that they should have confidence to leave to the keeper.

Mark is not a bad keeper and I do not expect Cech quality, but I do think we could get better in the this division and arguably NEED better if we want to get out of this division.

We have bought a highly rater U21 Scotland player and I am amazed he was not given a run out in a Cup game.

Other than that Crossley and the defence need to work on trusting and working together - difficult when he is player AND coach.

Mark is not a bad keeper and I do not expect Cech quality, but I do think we could get better in the this division and arguably NEED better if we want to get out of this division.

Sure. I'll argue that.

Last season we had one of the best defensive records in the division. What didn't get us up was lack of goals, due to the poor start and Hughes/Davies injured just as they were getting going. Therefore, Crossley in goal is absolutely enough to get us promotion, providing we can do the business at the other end of the pitch.

And from what I've seen of Fleming, he'll be more than capable of filling Norms boots once he either gets injured or hangs up his goalie gloves.